North American's .25 .32NAA opinions?

This is a discussion on North American's .25 .32NAA opinions? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I had a thread going about NAA .25 and .32 NAA calibers just before the server switch. I only saw 1 opinion before the thread ...

Thread: North American's .25 .32NAA opinions?

I had a thread going about NAA .25 and .32 NAA calibers just before the server switch. I only saw 1 opinion before the thread was gone.

The 32NAA is a new cartridge/firearm 'system' designed and developed by the partnership of North American Arms and Cor-Bon Ammunition.

In essence, the cartridge is based on a 380 case, which is necked-down to hold a smaller 32 bullet. The benefit is a remarkable gain in ballistic performance (below).

The .32NAA Guardian pistol is designed around this cartridge. This gun is almost identical to .380 ACP Guardian, different only in the chamber and the size of the bore. The cartridge is manufactured by Cor-Bon, a well-recognized industry leader in the development of high-performance ammunition.

To summarize, the load delivers in excess of 1222 f.p.s. velocity to a 60 grain proprietary bullet from Hornady. This generates 199 ft. lbs of energy, specifically from the 2.5" Guardian barrel (1453 f.p.s. & 287 ft. lbs from a 4" test barrel).

According to industry expert Ed Sanow, the 32NAA:

Produces more velocity, more energy and more stopping power than any conventional jacketed lead hollow point (JHP) 32 ACP, 380 ACP or 380 ACP (+P) with 15% less recoil (Power Factor) than the (+P),

Penetrates 8.3" of Gelatin after passing through four (4) layers of denim, expanding to a .55" mushroom with a retained weight of 100%,

Has a Fuller Index of 62% One-Shot Stops, compared to (for example) the 380 ACP Federal 90gr. Hydra-Shok (53%).
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything
    Wyatt Earp

NRA Member

I have read about the .32 NAA cartridge. I'd have one if I didn't have the .380 mustang. Another plus is that the gun is of NAA manufacture. The quality is there.
    " Refuse to be a victim, make sure there is a round chambered ! "

Just call me a pessimistic optimist !

U.S. Navy vet 1981-1992

The .32NAA sounds like it'll do the job, my only concern would be ammo avalibility. If it catches on it'll make a nice pocket gun.
    There are over 550 million firearms in worldwide circulation. That's one firearm for every twelve people on the planet. The only question is: How do we arm the other 11? (Yuri Orlov [Nicolas Cage] Lord of War)

Lead Moderator
    Its still pretty puny anyway you look at it.

With the small size of some of the 9mm's out there why use it ?
    I want to have a job where the is no accountability,a job where I can do as I dang well please and make my own laws and act like a KING. I want to be on the Supreme Court.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post

For a true pocket gun. Kahr pm9 is unreliable and difficult for a female to operate. Rohrbaugh is a $1,000 if you can find one. All others are too big for pocket carry IMO. There are times when its 98 deg. and I'm working in shorts no shirt. There are times my wife can only carry in a small pocket. Female clothes are very difficult to conceal in. I also think there is some wisdom to the thought that pocket carry is the easiest way to have you hand on your handgun without drawing attention to yourself.

I would rather have a 9mm, but having a smaller more concealable gun is better than nothing.

J.S.
    Wyatt Earp

NRA Member

If it ever catches on enough that the ammo doesn't cost an arm and a leg, I'll switch over to it from .32 acp for my pocket gun. Thinking about making the switch to .380 now, but holding off because my old lady actually likes her Tomcat. In which case, I'm wary of changing to something that she might not carry.
    ...He suggested that "every American citizen" should own a rifle and train with it on firing ranges "at every courthouse." -Chesty Puller

Quote Originally Posted by SammyIamToday View Post
    If it ever catches on enough that the ammo doesn't cost an arm and a leg, I'll switch over to it from .32 acp for my pocket gun. Thinking about making the switch to .380 now, but holding off because my old lady actually likes her Tomcat. In which case, I'm wary of changing to something that she might not carry.

Your right, the ammo is the down side right now. I'm still thinking about it for just a pocket gun and not something I will shoot thousands of rounds through. It's hard not to buy a 380 with the availability of ammo.
    Wyatt Earp

NRA Member

Is production back up on these guns? About a month ago I heard they closed the plant but never heard what for?
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

Would be interesting if you can switch the barrels from .380 to .32 NAA easily giving you a cheap ammo option. The 32 NAA is a small round, but decent velocity. Better than nothing, for sure!
    The Kahr PM9......well I like 'em and the one I worked with had no reliability issues....but from reports that ain't always so and the customer service is 'lacking'.
    Wonder if KelTec would make a 32 NAA barrel for their P3AT?
    For a BUG, it would be interesting.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post

Might come in handy if you're ever attacked by a large bull field mouse.

Distinguished Member Array fed_wif_a_sig's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by js View Post
    Kahr pm9 is unreliable and difficult for a female to operate. J.S.
    Wow the toys of the son of sung yug moon are unreliable? Not in my life time. My pappy was presented with the first years K9 model and it has not once sputtered and still drives tacks. My TP9 is utterly (man I love that word for some reason----must be the meds) reliable with anything I have put through it. Yes they are a little larger than the PMS (ooops PM9) Kahr which I found a little harder to hold, but suprisingly easier for muh roommate with a wedding ring to shoot. (Ok if I havent got'n aleast a smile outta a few of you we all need a beer)

I like the NAA pistols and have one stuffed in the back of the safe in 25ACP and thought highly of getting the new one, but when I need a beach gun, I just slip that 25 into my belt and trust it.

As for your wife concealing a weapon in her style of dress, have her take a look at UCComfort.com They make a racer back t-shirt/sports bra holster just for them that I know works as a former partner wears hers daily under many nice shirts.

Ok I'm dragging tail back to my cage.
    Steve
    "Respect all ... Fear none!!!

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links