naked? not carrying where? why?

This is a discussion on naked? not carrying where? why? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; i'd like to touch on the fact of when 'who' is not carrying 'where' and 'why'? hit on the fact that it's because of your ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: naked? not carrying where? why?

naked? not carrying where? why?

i'd like to touch on the fact of when 'who' is not carrying 'where' and 'why'? hit on the fact that it's because of your job or legal limits or just the sign that's out front because your boss/employer/restaurant owner is sporting a yellow stripe. there's a lot of restrictions out there when you think your CCW license does more than you think. feel free to 'vent' as well as post facts and... whatever! let em' rip!

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array lowflyer's Avatar
    I can't carry at work, but it doesn't bother me. I carry everywhere else.
    Whatever doesn't kill you postpones the inevitable.

Can't carry at work either. I hate that and it does cheese me off if I think about it so I try not to dwell on it too much.

I work for a big company and from some of the other policies they put forth for the employees, it is quite apparent that they sport a big and wide yellow stripe.

It would be great if someone could put together at data base of all CCW friendly companies, ones where they let their employees carry at work. But, even companies that do allow CCW by employees, I doubt they would want to be on a list or data base for purely liability reasons.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

The big one for me is my parents' house. They live in a national park so it's a 'victim disarmament zone'. Other than that, I don't face many restrictions. Thanks to the Utah Supreme Court, I can carry at work/school (though some in the legislature are trying to change that ). Beyond an occasional trip to the Post Office, I don't frequent any other places that prohibit carry.

VIP Member
    If I am dressed I am armed unless I am forced to enter a NPE... such as the state capitol or the airport. Sadly, I visit both locations more than I would like.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

me
    Here at School. I hate it, I personally like to go out late at night (between 12am and 2:30am) to get food. I miss having a handgun on my side. I carry every chance I get, but unfortunatly that is only available to me at home because I am not allowed to carry on campus and I live in a Dorm. Yes I understand the policy, they dont want me to have a gun and my roommates (or I, more likely them since I have calmed down since being a gun owner) to get mad and shoot somebody.
    When then Guy across the hall shot himself (suicide attempt) last semester the first thing that came to my mind was Dang if he gets to have a gun here to shoot himself why cant I have I have mine to defend myself.
    Oh well 3 more months then I am gone.
    Mark

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

-James Earl Jones

I can't carry my Glock at work, but that's ok because they issue us AR15s.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
    - Edmund Burke

I can't carry at work 'cause I teach in a public high school (almost time to leave for work) but I carry everywhere else. I don't really feel the NEED to carry at work which is strange because I teach in a fairly violent inner city school. A couple of years ago we had SEVEN THOUSAND outdoor suspensions on a student population of about 1800. Probably the same 50 kids, 25 of them being MS13.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

I carry at work and everywhere else where its legal. So I really can't complain.
    " Refuse to be a victim, make sure there is a round chambered ! "

Just call me a pessimistic optimist !

U.S. Navy vet 1981-1992

I cannot carry at work. No one really has a problem with it but our lawyers, in all their wisdom, thought it was best to create a no weapons policy in the office place. It doesn't bother me much. I trust the guys I work with and our office building is pretty secure. I still carry a knife, err, I mean a "letter opener/box cutter."

Whenever I leave the office for field work, I usually always carry. Outside of work I always carry. At home I don't carry, but it's nearby ready to go.

Distinguished Member Array fotomaker57's Avatar
    Like most of you I can not carry at work. I work in a hospital and Mo. State law says that's a no no. This also brings up another problem for me. I ride my motorcycle back and forth to work when the weather permits. Not being able to carry into the building means I can't carry back and forth from work on the days I ride. No way to secure the weapon while away from the bike.
    Mike
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    Thomas Jefferson

I can't carry at work if I'm in our offices. My company leases some space in a large office building. The building itself is not posted, but the doors to our offices are. I think there are about 20 or so other companies in our building, but only two are posted CPZ's. As our offices are secure and you need an electronic ID to enter, and my office has another electronic lock which only our staff has access to, I feel as safe as I can without my gun. I always have it with me no matter what, just locked up in the car if I can't carry into a building.

Senior Member Array Daddy Warcrimes's Avatar
    I can't carry at work, or in the company car. They have me travel a lot (when I would want it most) so I don't carry nearly as much as I'd like to (using my own vehicle is an option, but the cost would be prohibitive).

Twice a week I have Aikido at the local university; no carry there. Pretty much on those days the gun stays home.
    "and suddenly I can not hold back my sword hand's anger"

DaddyWarcrimes.com

Distinguished Member Array randytulsa2's Avatar
    If I'm dressed, I'm armed. The only exceptions are court (an occupational hazard) and schools (a parenta-pational hazard).

Like one guy on here said at Christmas time in response to the question of whether he would be packing while unpacking Yuletide gifts:

"If I am wearing pants, I'm armed. And what's Christmas without pants?"
    "...bad decisions that turn out well often make heroes."

Gary D. Mitchell, A Sniper's Journey: The Truth About the Man and the Rifle, P. 103, NAL Caliber books, 2006, 1st Ed.

I carry 24/7 unless I have to go into the District of Crime, the Peoples Republic of Merryland or to a courthouse, IRS or some other place where it is illegal.
    fortiter in re, suaviter in modo (resolutely in action, gently in manner).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links