I need help finding a gun.............

This is a discussion on I need help finding a gun............. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was looking into getting a Glock 27 but I was thinking that this will be the last gun that I will be gettign for ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I was looking into getting a Glock 27 but I was thinking that this will be the last gun that I will be gettign for atleast a year. So I was think why don't I get a supcompact 1911 like I have always wanted. The prob is I don't know what supcompact 1911 are out there.

Now here is why I am thinking not to get the 1911. I could pay for the glock and get it over with. The accssesories for the glock are cheap and you can find them anywhere you go.

The reason why I want a 1911 subcompact is it is my dream gun.

Ahhhh I don't know. HELPPPPPP
    “Do you have any idea how hard it would be to live with yourself if your loved ones were attacked and killed, and you had to stand there helplessly because you were unprepared for that day?”

Ricardo

buy a 1911 you can always luck into a used block later

Hawg 9

Not sure what caliber you are thinking, but I just bought a Para Ordanance Hawg 9 last week and I really like it. It is a 9MM, holds 12 rounds and pretty too!!!!
    Nothing Wrong With Shooting as Long as the Right People Get Shot.
    Clint Eastwood, Magnum Force, 1973

Administrator
    Hmm, I am going to advise opposite of Mr. White. Heres why-

You say that a compact 1911 is your dream gun. Good for you, I love 1911's too. You also said that you don't know whats out there in compact 1911's. SO, you really dont know what you want, do you? Now, before you get mad at me, just keep reading.

A glock is a glock, same as any other glock. If you need a compact gun, this is an excellent choice. Go ahead and buy it.

Use your non gun buying year to explore, research and decide what 1911 you want. Each one is different, each one has its own "soul" so to speak. To tell you to go out and just buy one would be the same as me telling you flip through a book and select a Russian bride. It just doesnt work that way. In both situations, in a few months you will part ways and you will have a lot less money than you began with.
    During this year, you still have a solid compact gun to carry and work for you. If at the end of the year, you don't want the Glock, or you need to sell it to help pay for the 1911, you will get pretty darn close all your money back. If you buy it right, you might get it all back or even make a few bucks.
    You will also have learned a lot, and you will be sure you made the right choice for you in a 1911.
    "Just blame Sixto"

thanks sixto never even thought about it that way. you are 100 % right on that one. i will be buying a glock and reading up on the 1911's

man i love this site.

now all i have to do is find one at the right price and i will be postin pics the day i get it. thanks guys
    “Do you have any idea how hard it would be to live with yourself if your loved ones were attacked and killed, and you had to stand there helplessly because you were unprepared for that day?”

Ricardo

Hey Sixto....Where can I find this book with the Russian Brides?
    Nothing Wrong With Shooting as Long as the Right People Get Shot.
    Clint Eastwood, Magnum Force, 1973

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Hivoltage View Post
    Hey Sixto....Where can I find this book with the Russian Brides?
    You like that one, eh? I dont know where to get one, but they are out there!
    You can mail order women from Russia, but can't get their vodka.
    Go figure.

Other countries are strange places... When I was in Thailand, you could bring home one of their women for about the price of a happy meal. In Haiti, I was jet skiing off the coast while people were rowing 10 miles off shore to fish- because they needed to eat, not for sport.
    Makes you appreciate what we have here in the States. Oh well, I'm way off topic.

Elrey, There are lots of good 1911's out there, and lots of not so good ones. I dont want to be the one who opens up the can of worms with a brand debate. Do your research, and make a good choice for yourself.
    "Just blame Sixto"

VIP Member
    +1 to SIXTO, great way of phrasing it.
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

VIP Member
    ((That would be on the Glock-1911 advice. Not to be confused with the mail order bride advice.))
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

I bought a Springfield Micro Compact Bi-tone and it is the best carry 1911 I have ever had. Well worth the $640 I paid for it used while a new one goes for over $1000. Steve48

VIP Member
    Well, if I ever need advice on my Russian mail-order bride selection, I know where to look now. Man, this forum is great!
    21 years and 21 days, United States Marine Corps & NRA Life Member since 1972

"The trouble is with the increasingly widespread problem of idiots prancing around out there confusing their opinions with actual facts." peckman28

If it will be your primary carry, you should go for the double action Glock IMHO. No manual safety to fumble with in a crisis situation and I've read the double action is easier to defend in a court of law (if it ever came to that).

I just ordered a CZ-75 Compact instead of the CZ-PO1 today. The reason I did was that it had the manual safety, just like my other carry gun a 1911 Kimber. While I bring the gun on target, I know by then if the safety needs to come off. But I never fumble with the safety. Mike Z
    "fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen.'' Warren vs District of Columbia

I hate to say me too... But SIXTO just hit the nail on the head! For now you can Stop-Glock-and Roll. and take your time on the cool soulmate 1911.

Russian Brides. Reminds me of riding into the Czech Republic from Germany. Curvy roads with big mountains and trees and then every quarter mile there's a hut on the side of the road with gorgeous girls in lingerie. I'm glad I wasn't driving. What were we talking about???

Good luck!

For a carry gun I would go with the Glock. It seems theres been some trouble with SUB-compact 1911s. Of course if its a gun for collection, get what you want.
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything
    Wyatt Earp

NRA Member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links