Browning BDM value?

Browning BDM value?

This is a discussion on Browning BDM value? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm new here... Hope this is the proper place to post this. I came across a Browning BDM. Made in '94. Looks to be pretty ...

Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By gr8shooter
  • 3 Post By ccw9mm
  • 1 Post By AmmoFan01
  • 2 Post By ccw9mm

Thread: Browning BDM value?

Browning BDM value?

I'm new here... Hope this is the proper place to post this.

I came across a Browning BDM. Made in '94. Looks to be pretty much in excellent condition. Comes with (3) 15-round mags, which for MA is rare and a nice bonus. Very minor wear on the blue.

I like it. Fits well in my hand but I'm on the fence about the price and the fact that a few owners have said the firing pin can be a problem.

Seller wants $550. Does anyone know the book value? What would you pay for this? What is your experience with the BDM?
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Here are a few discussions over the past few years:

Tell me about the BDM...
    Browning bdm
    Browning BDM 9mm

I've had a couple, 1994 vintage with the 15rd mags. Fairly light (for an all-steel gun of that size), good capacity, very flat riding for concealment. Anything from $450-550 seems about the typical price on the market. All the better, if it comes with several of the original 15rd magazines. JMO.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Big Thanks to ccw9mm... for whatever reason, I did a search and nothing comes back with Browning BDM???

I used to own a BDM, they are very good pistols. Mine had 2 15rd mags and no box, I sold it about 10 years ago for $350. The price for $550 sounds like a very good deal. I suggest going for it.
    gr8shooter likes this.

Neat gun any idea what model ?

There was 3 kinds one that was DA/SA with a key to pick which one and DAO one I think

The mags area big plus pre ban mags for these are not commone most were 1994 ban LEO only mags .. I dont think they made many or any post ban so finding any are nice

Browning BPM-D Pistol

Covers most of it

Parts /Holster and more mags will be tricky now I think

500-550 sounds about right esp if MA pre ban ... Good shooter I hear
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.” H.L. Mencken
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

Quote Originally Posted by WrongRecroom View Post
    Neat gun any idea what model ?

There was 3 kinds one that was DA/SA with a key to pick which one and DAO one I think

The mags area big plus pre ban mags for these are not commone most were 1994 ban LEO only mags .. I dont think they made many or any post ban so finding any are nice

Browning BPM-D Pistol

Covers most of it

Parts /Holster and more mags will be tricky now I think

500-550 sounds about right esp if MA pre ban ... Good shooter I hear
    Model?... BDM, made in '94 is all I know. It has the decocker/safety lever and the screw to choose pistol or revolver mode. Looks like a real nice piece and feels good in my hand. Only reservation is lack of support for it and some known minor problems (firing pin/springs) with the BDM that have been stated by other owners. I know this piece will not last long in MA... I need to decide soon.

Quote Originally Posted by gr8shooter View Post
    Model?... BDM, made in '94 is all I know. It has the decocker/safety lever and the screw to choose pistol or revolver mode. Looks like a real nice piece and feels good in my hand. Only reservation is lack of support for it and some known minor problems (firing pin/springs) with some BDMs that have been stated by other owners.
    If concerned about support from a maintenance or gunsmithing standpoint, check with these folks: Midwest Gun Works. Quality work, decent turnaround times. When I still had the BDM's, they were able to work on them and had plenty of parts. Good shop.

And if you happen to be LH, I've got a couple of holsters that might work for you, as well.
    gr8shooter and WrongRecroom like this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post

And if you happen to be LH, I've got a couple of holsters that might work for you, as well.
    LH? Not sure what that is. I need to bone up on my lingo... sorry.

I did stop by again to look at the BDM. I will most likely buy it. I still like it. One of the mags is 15 rds but the other 2 were aftermarket and I could not tell how many rounds they held (other than loading some rounds in them). Is there a way to tell? They were unmarked... And if they are unmarked, how does law enforcement know when they were made in order to be in compliance with state laws?

Quote Originally Posted by gr8shooter View Post
    LH? Not sure what that is. I need to bone up on my lingo... sorry.

I did stop by again to look at the BDM. I will most likely buy it. I still like it. One of the mags is 15 rds but the other 2 were aftermarket and I could not tell how many rounds they held (other than loading some rounds in them). Is there a way to tell? They were unmarked... And if they are unmarked, how does law enforcement know when they were made in order to be in compliance with state laws?
    LH= left handed for holsters at least

If unmarked you can not tell ... Best way I have found is to google around to see who made mags and see if they changed them in the variouse years ( ie the earlier 6906 mags looks this way verus a different color latter on and so forth
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.” H.L. Mencken
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

Sponsored Links