Any Sig P229 carriers?

Any Sig P229 carriers?

This is a discussion on Any Sig P229 carriers? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; curious about how you like it...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Any Sig P229 carriers?

Distinguished Member Array palmcoaster's Avatar

Any Sig P229 carriers?

curious about how you like it

VIP Member
    I wish I had one to carry! My 226 is an easy carry for me, so a 229 should be a breeze.
    I'm not saying we should kill all the stupid people. I'm saying remove all the warning labels and let the problem sort itself out.

I usually carry mine in winter. Its not hard to conceal, I just dont want the extra weight in summer. It rides nicely in a comptac mtac holster.

I used to carry mine in the winter....just found it too bulky for me otherwise. Great gun...
    Joe was right.

Yep carry a 228 and 9 all the time owb
    Eric357 and glockcoma like this.
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.” H.L. Mencken
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

My 229sas in .40 is my edc. Its on my side right now. Every once in awhile I swap it out for my sp101. But there is something nice about 13 rounds of .40 in an all metal package and a spare 14 rounds on the belt. It shoots very good imho.
    glockcoma likes this.

I've got one in .40, train with it as often as I do my EDC, a 1911. But, I seldom carry it as it's just a tad bulkier than my 1911. Great pistol and if I was in an open-carry state, I'd most probably go with it as my EDC.

I have a P229R Elite 9mm...that is an absolute dream to shoot. The SRT makes for fast follow ups and of course, it's Sig accurate.

...but...I don't carry it. It's still pretty new so I don't have a holster for it yet.

I liked the SRT so much that I bought the kit to shorten up the reset on my P239 357 as well. Now it shoots like a completely different gun.

SIGs are awesome weapons! I have a German P220, the 229R and the 239...and I'm considering the P320.

My P229 (see signature) is my only handgun at the moment, but I bought it over two years ago to use as my EDC, and I do. I've had smaller, lighter guns, but I just like the feel of the Sig in my hand. I'm a much more accurate shooter with it, and SHTF, I'm willing to trust my life to it.
    Sig Sauer P229 SAS GEN 2 E2 9mm; Rock River Arms LAR-15 Elite CAR A4
    "Yo, homie. Is that my briefcase?"

It is a great shooter and I have carried it... It is big, bulky, and shoots like a dream. I have many options better suited to my needs though...
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

In my opinion, the SIG P229, the Walther PPQ, and the Glock 19 are as good as it gets for a 9mm. All are equally outstanding.

I have had two 229s (as well as two M-11s, which are more or less the same). They are not as light as the Walther or Glock, and seem a bit more prone to muzzle rise. However, the (SRT) trigger is excellent. Great ergos, accuracy, blah blah.

I still have a 19 and a PPQ. Tried though I did, I just did not shoot the SIGs as well as the others. But I shot 'em well enough.

If you want a 229, snag it. They carry just fine, IWB or OWB. For a 15 round 9mm, I say the P229 (along with the 19 and PPQ) is as good as it gets.
    PhaedrusIV and Eric357 like this.

I carry my m11-a1 all day everyday. Heavier than the polymer striker fire guns, but it is doable with the right holster and belt. It is the gun I shoot the best in both DA and SA. I would recommend this gun for carry to anyone. I carry it tucked with shorts and t-shirt in the summer as well.
    Eric357 likes this.
    No trees were harmed in the construction of this post. However a large number of electrons were indiscriminately aroused.

I've been carrying my P229 SCT quite a bit lately. AIWB holster of my own, I even carry it with the extra capacity mag in place with no issues.

Here is one I recently built for a customer on a P229 (no rail).

I've owned three P229's over the past 20 years, always liked the gun. What really made me fall deeper in love with a platform I already liked was the Hogue G10 grip panels, just a tad bit more ergonomic that the standard and feel better than the E2, with much more grippy texture in chain link. I had to take the edges off of the left grip panel that rides against my skin because it was eating the hide off of me; now they are perfect.

The P229 SCT I have now did come with a short reach trigger which I hate. I've been meaning to switch it to a Gray Guns PSPIT custom trigger; it will eventually happen. The Tru-Glow front sight needs to be switched out also, just not durable enough for EDC. I've seen the element fall out or come close a couple of times, it's glued in right now, but I don't exactly trust it.

Distinguished Member Array coffeecup's Avatar
    Mine gets the carry nod as soon as it is time to put on the heavier clothing. A good belt and holster make a world of difference.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links