Everything you need to know about Glocks

This is a discussion on Everything you need to know about Glocks within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Here is a link to a local news story that aired on Monday. Its the dumbest, most slanted piece on firearms I have seen in ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Everything you need to know about Glocks

Administrator

Everything you need to know about Glocks

Here is a link to a local news story that aired on Monday. Its the dumbest, most slanted piece on firearms I have seen in awhile.
    One of the two guys that gives accurate info in the video is a good friend of mine.
    I think its funny that they interviewed Felicity's Police Chief, that guy is a meat head, and head of a backwards police dept., one that hardly qualifies as a police dept. It would have been much better show if they told the whole story how that he shot his finger off. Then there is Chief Smith of Pierce Twp.... Remember when I made the comment about police admin. spending their entire careers as a pencil pusher, and not knowing a thing about police work? Heres the poster child for that comment!

I hate stupid people.

With out further delay, here it is;

http://www.local12.com/mediacenter/l...?videoId=15039
    Last edited by SIXTO; February 7th, 2007 at 04:21 PM.
    "Just blame Sixto"

2. Remove Ads

New Member Array Giggety-Giggety's Avatar
    It's very concerning about the lack of firearms training these LEs have. Very scary.

I dare say that most BGs have better training than our LEOs.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Giggety-Giggety View Post
    It's very concerning about the lack of firearms training these LEs have. Very scary.

I dare say that most BGs have better training than our LEOs.
    Some do, and some dont. We have a very very good program, as do most other surrounding areas. This is part of the incorrect information in this story. It invites the BG to challenge LEO's because they think they have a better shot at coming out on top.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Senior Moderator
    It's just BS media spinning things as usual. It's blatanly shallow and over simplifed the truth.

There have been some incidents with Glocks, but there have been with other guns too. I'm under the impression that the 'incidents' with Glocks is not out of proportion to other makes.

What a mess!

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Tangle View Post
    It's just BS media spinning things as usual. It's blatanly shallow and over simplifed the truth.

There have been some incidents with Glocks, but there have been with other guns too. I'm under the impression that the 'incidents' with Glocks is not out of proportion to other makes.
    Yes, its like making a story about the hundreds who die driving a Ford Taurus each year compared to the number who drive a 1969 Dodge Charger. Of course more people are hurt in a Taurus, there are thousands and thousands of them on the road.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Senior Moderator
    Exactly! I get so tired of this kind of crap.

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    So disgusting, the way they are trying to poison as many minds as possible using lies and half-truths.

Did you see where they showed the newscaster demonstrating trigger pressure using a revolver? He says that the revolver in double-action requires 10 or 11 pounds of pressure; then demonstrates it from (what he calls) "half-cocked" position, says that it takes only a "tap," and then, "That's where the Glock is all the time. He's comparing the Glock double-action trigger pull to a single-action revolver's trigger pull!

Ryan Sullivan, the guy they show as a firearm training instructor, has it right when he says PROPER TRAINING RESULTS IN PROPER, SAFE TECHNIQUE, AND YOU WON'T HAVE ACCIDENTS!

I wish that idiot chief had shot off his entire shootin' hand instead of his left middle finger. He deserves it, for blaming the gun instead of his FOOL practice of picking up a loaded gun with his hand covering the muzzle. This is a man people want as their police chief?!

Now the DEA has a poster child like on ABCs wide world of sports. The guy who is forever falling off the ski jump hill in THE AGONY OF DEFEAT. Ive seen him in a lot of training sessions on film. Hope he gets a royalty check for his dickie dumb dumb move.
    I am an American. I vote. I will serve on a jury when called. Its a MEMBERS ONLY thing.

well golly gee...I guess I'd better go sell my Glock before it either spontaneously combusts or jumps up out of my holster and shoots me. What a bunch of morons.
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

Senior Moderator
    You know, about every LEO in Georgia carrys a Glock and they aren't shooting themselves or having UDs (Unitentional Discharges) that I've heard of.

Well there was one tragic training accident but that couldn't be attributed to the Glock.

Ah, local 12, I haven't seen their program in a long time (even though Columbus is no better). Maybe the chief shouldnt of put a hand in front of the barrel of a firearm, ya know, that rule "Don't point a gun at anything you don't want destroyed." More liberal BS from the media. At least it seemed like they tried to give the side saying it was safe some time, even though not nearly enough.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

whw
    Well let's see here. The Felicity Chief leaves a round in the tube, places his hand over the end of the barrel, removes a finger, lets a round bounce around the room and its the gun's fault. This guy is hopeless.

As for the majority of LEO's, I think they receive some pretty good training. They show a lot of restraint in some pretty hairy situations with guns drawn. Hat's off to the guys that protect all of us and do it right.

whw

Senior Member Array mech1369dlw's Avatar
    More people get cut up by chainsaws every year than accidental discharges to LEO's and such. I'm not talking about the idiot that kills half his family while cleaning their gun, I am talking about good people. Ya never see any of that on the news. Twisted media can tell you how many killed with guns every year, but can't (won't) tell everyone how many drunks kill people while DUI. The media, what a joke.
    A person is justified in the use of deadly force, if such person reasonably believes deadly force is necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm to such person or a third person.

Thumbs down

IIRC, the Media is as well thought of as Politicians! Notice the similarities......

One-sided arguments,
    Propaganda parading as "news",
    Myopic,
    Self-serving,
    Always "marketing" and "selling" themselves,
    Giving 30 or 60 seconds to idiots and dolts, and passing on substance,
    Over-simplification,
    and at least 14 bazillion other exaggerations?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links