S&W Bodyguard 380 Insight to Crimson Trace Laser Replacement/Upgrade

This is a discussion on S&W Bodyguard 380 Insight to Crimson Trace Laser Replacement/Upgrade within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Howdy All, Just wanted to share my experience with Smith & Wesson Customer Service and my Bodyguard 380 during the past couple of weeks. I ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Josh903

Thread: S&W Bodyguard 380 Insight to Crimson Trace Laser Replacement/Upgrade

Howdy All,

Just wanted to share my experience with Smith & Wesson Customer Service and my Bodyguard 380 during the past couple of weeks. I bought the bodyguard as my first carry gun about 2 years ago when I got my chl. The insight laser, as many know who own this little gun can agree, has never been that reliable. I would constantly experience the laser cutting out due to recoil and even in some cases just while handling the firearm.

Fast forward to 2014 and S&W finally decides to correct the original bodyguard's weakness and releases a new version with a Crimson Trace laser. It was a welcome change but didn't really help me out as I still was stuck with my earlier gen model unless I took a hit and traded it for a new model. That left me really bummed out because I couldn't justify the cost of trading in order to correct a design flaw.

I decided to try my luck with S&W's support and see if I could get my laser unit replaced. This was fairly soon after the new version was released. They told me they did not offer the CT laser as a replacement and instead just sent me a new insight laser. The new laser still gave me issues.

Just before the holidays I again sent an email to S&W's CS hoping they had changed their policies but wasn't expecting much. To my surprise, cs replied instructing me to send them in my defective insight laser and that they would send me a replacement CT laser in return. I jumped on it and had my old laser in the mail to them the next day.

I come home today and find a little package waiting for me. Inside was a BG380 Crimson Trace Replacement Kit.

The kit contained all of the parts needed to upgrade my existing bodyguard with the new CT laser. Install took no more than 5 minutes. I can't wait to take it out to the range!

Here are a couple of pics of the finished install:

IMG_20150113_211658522_resize.jpg

Insight logo but with shiny new red button.
    IMG_20150113_233358275_resize.jpg

Kudos to S&W for keeping true to their reputation of taking care of their customers!

- Josh
    piguy and SteveMac like this.

Glad they did right by you. Crimson Trace is a top notch outfit in my experience. They sent me a new unit to replace a 5 year old unit giving me some trouble. Mine was over two years out of warranty and they replaced it free of charge. I now have four of them with plans to get another.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links