I'm just gonna admit this...I think I'm falling for the Beretta PX4 Storm (Compact)

I'm just gonna admit this...I think I'm falling for the Beretta PX4 Storm (Compact)

This is a discussion on I'm just gonna admit this...I think I'm falling for the Beretta PX4 Storm (Compact) within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Like so many times in life, I appear to be succumbing to peer pressure. In this case, that peer pressure was another forum member mentioning ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: I'm just gonna admit this...I think I'm falling for the Beretta PX4 Storm (Compact)

Like so many times in life, I appear to be succumbing to peer pressure.

In this case, that peer pressure was another forum member mentioning they felt the PX4 Storm was an under rated pistol...that it didn't get much attention. Admittedly, the pressure was pretty light, but I think it's reasonable to blame the forum and its members for every dollar that transfers from my bank account to a gun dealer...

To my mind, that means it's an underdog...and I love the under dog. So naturally a flurry of research began.

...and damn it all if I'm not starting to like this pistol!

The question of "is it worth my time to even look at one" has long ago been answered as a YES. Thus next week I shall go hand son at the Beretta booth and see how this little monster feels.

I can honestly say, I had discounted the gun. I thought the look was cartoonish and thus judged it harshly. It appears my judgment may have been premature and if it passes the hand-holding test, and some shooting next weekend at my home range, well, it might just secure a space in my gun safe... :)

I KNOW I' in love with the full size, extended barrel 45 ACP version - just can't justify a fullsize 45 in my stable. Otherwise, IMO, it'd be a winner!

Damn Beretta...

Damn forum...

Damn members...

HOT DAMN!!!
    darbo, RebelSoul and CDKJudoka like this.

Distinguished Member Array Hoganbeg's Avatar
    If you favor that style of safety, its an excellent choice.

I never did firg out the longer barrel 45 .. It is un thread and un ported so why I wonder ? Why not just threaed it and be done ..

But yeah they are good guns .. On my list so to say

You can get a niffty little carbine they make to go with the mags too...
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.” H.L. Mencken
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WrongRecroom View Post
    I never did firg out the longer barrel 45 .. It is un thread and un ported so why I wonder ? Why not just threaed it and be done ..

But yeah they are good guns .. On my list so to say

You can get a niffty little carbine they make to go with the mags too...
    Maybe they are trying to mimic the 92?
    I'm not saying we should kill all the stupid people. I'm saying remove all the warning labels and let the problem sort itself out.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wmhawth View Post
    The only real similarity to the 92 is the safety/decocker. The PX4 is nice in both full size and compact models if you are ok with a DA/SA pistol with a fair amount of trigger travel. Mine have performed flawlessly. I have one each full size and compact.
    We were referring to the barrel extending past the end of the slide. Why extend it if not to port it or thread it?
    I'm not saying we should kill all the stupid people. I'm saying remove all the warning labels and let the problem sort itself out.

I have the full size and love it! The first thing that attracted me was the look, then the feel in my hand. Now both of them have well proven reliability.
    WrongRecroom likes this.

I have the Px4 45. Because of the rotating barrel, recoil tends to torque to the right instead of straight back. It's built well, easy to break down and clean and shoots great. I can't complain about the trigger. (When I'm focused on hitting the target, recoil and trigger break are lost on me. That could be because I've only shot quality guns, but not performance guns.) There's not alot of accessories for the full-sized 45, because it's a tad longer than the 9 and 40.

If I knew then what I know now, I would have bought a M&P 45 or XDm 45. I'm more accustomed to shooting a DA trigger and the SA of the Px4 throws me off. (usually the 2nd shot)
    I know little on the subject so I'll speak at length.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianthin View Post
    Maybe they are trying to mimic the 92?
    Not very well .. Why I think it looks silly 92 barrel 92a1-400-mz.jpg
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.” H.L. Mencken
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WrongRecroom View Post
    Not very well .. Why I think it looks silly 92 barrel 92a1-400-mz.jpg
    That does look kind of goofy.

That does look kind of goofy.
    This is what they claim "Furthermore, the extended cold-hammer forged barrel is 4.5” long and allows the power of the .45 to fully develop before exiting the muzzle. "

Hum .... Px4 Storm SD Type F*

Why not just thread it and call it good ? I mean the only reason I can see is so they could sell it CA as CA bans naked threading on handguns
    Ianthin and 47Gabe like this.

Quote Originally Posted by wmhawth View Post

The only real similarity to the 92 is the safety/decocker. The PX4 is nice in both full size and compact models if you are ok with a DA/SA pistol with a fair amount of trigger travel. Mine have performed flawlessly. I have one each full size and compact.
    We were referring to the barrel extending past the end of the slide. Why extend it if not to port it or thread it?
    Gotcha. I should have followed the thread more carefully.
    Ianthin likes this.

Not threaded = not cool.....
    WrongRecroom and Ianthin like this.
    “Today is victory over yourself of yesterday; tomorrow is your victory over lesser men.”
    ― Miyamoto Musashi, A Book of Five Rings: The Classic Guide to Strategy

I carry a Px4 SC in 9mm and it was my favorite and most easy to shoot fast and accurate out of a field of over 25 guns. I vacillated for weeks over whether to get the sub compact or compact and the SC won out. Today I might choose the compact now that I have been carrying it for a while.

I absolutely love mine and added Talon grip, snap down mag extensions on all mags, and factory adjustable sights. Under rated is an under statement. It's has been a super choice for me and with 1000+ rounds down range it has never missed a lick.

VooDoo
    hick63, wmhawth and darbo like this.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 47Gabe View Post
    Not threaded = not cool.....
    Yeah, but still cool enough for me to buy two 92's.
    darbo likes this.

Distinguished Member
    I love my PX4 compact. Just not for CC. I planned to carry IWB, but I find it just too darn thick in an AG holster. I have not tried OWB, but I have since moved on to carrying a 1911 Sig Ultra or Colt LW CDR IWB in a N82 Tactical Pro. The PX4 is pretty much just a range gun now, but it has been 100% reliable, soft shooting, and as accurate as I am capable of shooting.

"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." Alexander Hamilton

Distinguished Life Member NRA
    2AF
    Maryland Shall Issue
    Handgunlaw.us Donor

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links