Here we go again, another new gun today.

This is a discussion on Here we go again, another new gun today. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I joined the snubbie club last week, although I am still more than happy with that purchase I am trying to build a fair collection ...

Thread: Here we go again, another new gun today.

Here we go again, another new gun today.

I joined the snubbie club last week, although I am still more than happy with that purchase I am trying to build a fair collection of BUGs for my wife and myself to choose from, she got her carry permit a few weeks ago and is in need of a comfortable gun.
    Today I joined the Kel-Tec club, possibly the first of many.
    I am the proud owner of a P32.
    I put a few rounds through it at about 5 yds and every shot was inside the 10 ring. It was noticably more accurate with Hornady HPs.
    I have already attached the pocket clip accessory, I might make a rubber grip cover, not sure it needs it though, the grip has a lot of purchase.
    I'll take it out tomorrow as my BUBUG, if you know what I mean.

Oh and the best part, it was NIB and only $175 out the door including NICS, two boxes of ammo and the pocket clip. I had $150 store credit on a faulty item that the manufacturer wouldn't take back but the store offered to refund in full against a future purchase.
    Great store and a great gun.

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array mech1369dlw's Avatar
    They are a g reat little BUG and that was a really good price. Have patience with that little feller breaking it in. May have a few oops, but after 200 or so, should be good to go.
    A person is justified in the use of deadly force, if such person reasonably believes deadly force is necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm to such person or a third person.

Administrator
    The P32, one of my favorites! Just remember, the .32 isnt a .45, so make them all count!
    "Just blame Sixto"

Congrats on the new purchase.
    "Dont be afraid to go after what you want to do, and what you want to be. But don't be afraid to be willing to pay the price." - Lane Frost

"Oh and the best part, it was NIB and only $175 out the door including NICS, two boxes of ammo and the pocket clip."
    --That is flat-out amazing.

I bought my j-frame and my P-32 while waiting for my permit to arrive five years ago. I still carry one or the other of them most of the time. The P-32 is an "always" option that I conceal in trouser or coat pockets--even the inside breast pockets or sport jackets or suits (try that with a seecamp). Although the caliber is small, I find it comforting in ambiguous situations: for example, recently, while walking from my car in the parking lot of a Kroger store around 2:00a.m., a guy came up to me and asked for a hand-out. I was able to deal with what turned out to be a harmless encounter, while inconspicuously gripping my Kel-Tec in my left front pocket. I was prepared to fire seven rounds of .32 Corbons at him in a nano-second, but instead I handed him a buck with my right.

Anyhow, I shoot a couple of magazines through mine every three or four months, clean it well, and have never had a problem.

Great price for a very reliable little "always" gun.

I have one and it rides in a pocket holster 95% of the time on me as a BUG and primary for the deap concealment needs. Front, back or coat pocket works great for these guns.

Out to 7 yards, I can make a smiley face it is so easy to shoot.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

I think I need to clarify the price.
    I paid $175 for the gun, NICS, ammo and clip.
    But I had $150 store credit.
    The gun was $259 +tax.
    I just paid less to get it out the door as the store was being honorable regarding a past purchase that the company in question wouldn't repair or refund.

So I kind of got $150 discount, as I didn't expect to get anything for my box of broken bits.

But that isn't the price of new Kel-Tecs here in TN, sorry if you were all planning road trips.

I don't have a P32 but I do have a P3AT which I like a lot and it hides well in the summer. Steve48

Congrats, Kt 380 is my always gun. Hard to beat.

Hey y'all, this is my first post on here. I've been reading the boards quite a while, though.....lots of great info here!

I have a Kel-Tec P3AT, and I really like it. It's the gun I carry when I'm not carrying a gun!

I've read a lot about .380 ballistics, and I usually carry ball ammo in mine. It's super reliable, and will penetrate enough to get the job done (hopefully I'll never have to find out!). I'm not sure the .380 out of such a short barrel has enough "oomph" to reliably expand hollowpoints.

Used to carry a Taurus Ultralite .38, but figured a little .380 pokes the same diameter holes and gives me a couple more rounds, plus is WAY easier to conceal.
    Slow is smooth.....smooth is fast.

Alias:
    Not sure where you're at but which shop did you go to?
    Jack

It's a bit of a drive for you but it's the best store in Mid TN.

http://gunsandleather.com/

Mapquest LINK

I Have 3 KelTec's

A 9mm, a .380, and a .32...
    All are great little 'hide it guns'...
    One is in the book case, one is usually in my wife's purse (trying to her her to use a holster...one sometimes helps me cut the grass...

Although as a BUG any of the three would work well, I don't use a BUG...just extra mags...

OMO

Stay armed...stay safe!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Well that didn't last long. I took my wife to the rang today and she loved the Kel_Tec so much that it is now her permanent carry gun.
    I might explain, my wife is extraordinarily recoil sensitive due to having had corrective surgery in her thumb after an accident in the kitchen gave her severed nerves and tendons last year. She has been a shooter all her life and this left her unable to enjoy even a full size 9mm, the only gun she was comfortable with was a Walther P22.

So now she has the Kel-Tec P32 and I'm really, really happy with that. Plus it gives me the excuse to buy a P-3AT soon to replace it.

Links