Kel Tec PF9

Kel Tec PF9

This is a discussion on Kel Tec PF9 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hello all, I was wondering if anyone has some news on the PF9? I haven't seen one, but I heard they are in production. Does ...

Thread: Kel Tec PF9

Distinguished Member Array snowdoctor's Avatar

Kel Tec PF9

Hello all,
    I was wondering if anyone has some news on the PF9? I haven't seen one, but I heard they are in production. Does anyone own one? Held one? Seen one?
    IF they aren't in production, does anyone have a projected release date?
    I have been waiting, but a Kahr is starting to call my name. This would be a backup gun to replace my P3AT.
    Thanks for any info you might have.
    DOC
    ----DOC-----

--people ask why I carry, and I show them this picture. I think it says it all.--

NRA Certified Instructor--many disciplines

Yes they are in production.

The grip is very thin and the trigger pull is better than the P11. I don't own a PF9 but do P11 and if they are as reliable as the P11 they will do very well for themselfs. I looked at one at the last gun show 3 weeks ago.

Buy one because you won't be disappointed from what I'm hearing at www.ktog.org.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

They have been out for a while. I haven't seen one yet around here. I think there was some bugs that needed to be worked out. Maybe in another year or so I'll buy one should pretty stable by then.

Distinguished Member Array snowdoctor's Avatar
    I have read some on ktog.org, but I haven't seen any around here either....mainly in TX and FL.
    I am quite interested in looking at one to compare to the Kahr CW9.
    I really like the cw9 to replace my p3at as a backup, but the PF9 is less expensive and I have been happy with my p3at.
    ----DOC-----

--people ask why I carry, and I show them this picture. I think it says it all.--

NRA Certified Instructor--many disciplines

I too was considering a Kahr. I had ordered the PF-9 when they were first announced. Received mine Dec 28, 2006. I couldn't ask for anything better at twice the price. The gun was 100% out of the box, and surprisingly accurate. Think I may send the slide off for a hard chrome finish. It won't replace my P-3ATs but it will have it's place.
    str1

I've seen them at a few local gun shows and they look and feel pretty good. Think of a single stack, thinner in the grip/frame P-11. I've considered buying one, but the area gun shows are charging a premium ($330-$350 + tax) for now and they haven't shown up at the local gun shops yet. I'll wait until the price settles down before I get one.
    "... Americans... we want a safe home, to keep the money we make and shoot bad guys." -- Denny Crane

I think there was a slowdown in production as they are honing some final issues with the feedramp. There was a rush there for a while, but then the supply seems to have temporarily slowed...so far, I've not heard of any ones over 1000 in serial num ranges. I've had mine on order since August, still waiting.

pf 9 trigger?

does anyone know if the triggers on them are better than the p11?I have a 1st generation p11 and its a good carry piece but the trigger is really hard.how much better are the pf9's trigger?I haven't seen one yet in the dallas area.thanks. sj
    its sure not as good as my ultra carry.

9mm

We got exactly two in our shop, and to get them we had to buy eight .32s and/or .380s from the distributor as part of the deal. Both sold quick, one to an employee, who traded in his p-380 for it. It shoots fine, and no reliability problems. He carries 115gr Gold Dot in it, IIRC. I polished the feedramp, but I did that before he even shot it, preventative maintenence, I guess. We haven't seen anymore of them since.

Mine is serial # RO6XX. The only one I've seen.
    str1

I have a PF-9 on my short list.

Right now you can't get one in my area. I don't mind though, I keep up at KTOG.org and there are still too many bugs that have to get worked out before I buy one.

I have a KT P-11, P3AT and SU-16C and love them all. I'm sure the PF-9 will be a nice piece once its straigtened out.
    Rob

\"Lead, follow or get out of the way.\"

Life Member, Veterans of Foreign Wars

Links