M&P shield sight issue.

M&P shield sight issue.

This is a discussion on M&P shield sight issue. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Cleaning my gun the other night and noticed my rear sight slid to the right. Allen on top was tight. I unscrewed it and slid ...

Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By Taurahe
  • 2 Post By 1911er
  • 1 Post By xeero
  • 1 Post By roadrash

Thread: M&P shield sight issue.

New Member Array waterfowlmaniac's Avatar

M&P shield sight issue.

Cleaning my gun the other night and noticed my rear sight slid to the right. Allen on top was tight. I unscrewed it and slid it back to center. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422236192.997873.jpgany one else have this issue with the shield ? I use a vedder iwb holster. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422236284.666124.jpg. Any way I can insure it doesn't move ?

Take em

VIP Member
    Indianapolis IN
    Given that the shields sights are generally regarded as almost impossible to move... if you moved it by hand then i would contact SW, especially since the sight is supposed to be friction fit... the set screw is additional safety measure. Did you buy it new or used?
    hick63 and Crescentstar like this.
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

There are probably a lot of Shield guys wishing they had your problem.
    jrmrbcax and Crescentstar like this.

I put some Uncle Mike's Gun-Tite on my 9c front sight.
    Kennydale likes this.

Oregon & Florida
    My Shield rear sight was so tight that I actually chipped the slide getting it off back in 2013.

Since then I have had better experiences with the rear sights on all of my M&P's [ I use a sight tool and patience nowadays].

If the rear sight is moving then the set screw in not tight enough or deep enough to create a friction contact with the dove tail to prevent the sight from moving.

Distinguished Member Array subhuman's Avatar
    if you can move that sight by hand someone has been way to aggressive with a file, most Shield sights need a good pusher tool and heat plus a lot of luck to move it without breaking something
    If it needs to be done, do it.

Get the sight where you want it and snug the set screw up good,be thankful knowing you will have no problems removing it when you are ready to upgrade the sights.
    Crescentstar likes this.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links