tax return money = 1 new Glock or 2 used ones???

This is a discussion on tax return money = 1 new Glock or 2 used ones??? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hi all, Let's say I have $600 to play with. I need a home defense pistol, and it's either a G19, a G17 or a ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: tax return money = 1 new Glock or 2 used ones???

Hi all, Let's say I have $600 to play with. I need a home defense pistol, and it's either a G19, a G17 or a G21. I had a G3 19 at one point, and it was just a little small for my hand (maybe with no finger grooves it would have been ok?). So, from that experience I'm really leaning 17 or 21. Caliber, I really don't care either way...a .45 would be sweet but a full-size 9mm would be so easy to control for follow up shots. And it's about shot placement, right?

I really am torn here, so that's when I started thinking...what if I could get each one used? One or both of them could even be a Gen 2, I wouldn't mind that. Could I get 2 quality used Glocks for ~$600?

Third option I guess would be to buy one used Glock and then with the savings; buy a ton of ammo, a holster, etc.

Everybody please weigh in, thanks.

Where are you finding used 9mm and .45 ACP Glocks for $300?

I see deals very rarely pop up for $300 - $350.

You're right tho, most of them are in .40
    Ianthin likes this.

I agree with Orrus... Please let me know where the $300 used Glocks are being stashed. In reference to caliber I like the Glock 17, I have a Gen 4 that has been great and fits my larger hands perfectly. I hear Magpul is also coming out with g17 mags so you may want to hold off on stocking up factory mags. They should come in around 1/2 the cost as glock factory.

Id pony up the money for a Glock 19. Used or new, I dont really think it matters. Generally speaking, they are almost never very "used".

9mm will save you enough to pay for the difference in initial price, with ammo cost savings.
    5lima30ret likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDudeAbides View Post
    I agree with Orrus... Please let me know where the $300 used Glocks are being stashed. In reference to caliber I like the Glock 17, I have a Gen 4 that has been great and fits my larger hands perfectly. I hear Magpul is also coming out with g17 mags so you may want to hold off on stocking up factory mags. They should come in around 1/2 the cost as glock factory.

At least two are in my safe.....

About 5-6 months ago I purchased a Gen 3 Glock 31 with Glock night sights and 3 mags for $350.00. Just a week or two ago I purchased a Gen 3 Glock 23 with Glock night sights and 3 mags for $300.00. Now it helps that I shop almost exclusively at one LGS.

They were both priced at $350 but they gave me the 23 for $300 at the same time I was purchasing a S&W 586 Performance Center .357 from them. Moral of the story, no special deal (other than a great price) on the 31, the 23 was just a "kickback" for spending a bunch of money with the LGS.....
    gatorbait51 likes this.

It all depends upon what your needs are, if you want a carry gun and a home defense gun, and you want to keep them separate. Then go for two guns.
    But, seems like you want just one gun, then go for the gun that is comfortable in your hands and holstered at your belt.

You can get a brand new Glock within the $600 you have... buying a used gun is always a 'gamble'.

I have a Glock19 that's good for both home and personal carry options, though in Summers it's a bit difficult to conceal it inside a tshirt. :D

All the best!!

I am content with carrying my LCP. If I ever did step up, it would be to a 26. I tried to conceal my 19 in 'normal' clothes and found it impossible.
    gatorbait51 and ritepath like this.

Distinguished Member
    Couple of things.

One, I lost on taxes this year. I get to hand Uncle Sam some money.

Two, I'm never in danger of buying a Glock.

Good thing you don't live in Massachusetts where a GLOCK, even used, costs $700 to $900!!!!!!
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    "If there is trouble, I stay here to help you. For your father -- for your father."

I never see used Glocks around here for anything like $300, you'd probably be waiting a long time to get two in that range. If you don't like the finger grooves, maybe a used Gen 2 17, since they didn't have them?
    ...there is no arguing with such snivelling puppies, who allow superiors to kick them about deck at pleasure.

Captain Bellamy

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Enzo411 View Post
    Good thing you don't live in Massachusetts where a GLOCK, even used, costs $700 to $900!!!!!!
    I have to go there this spring for my oldest daughter's college graduation. Unarmed. Bleh.
    gatorbait51 and Stoveman like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Enzo411 View Post
    Go online, Bud's has the G3 17s brand new for $500. Unless Mass. kills you with taxes and such too.

Quote Originally Posted by thechriskarel View Post
    Go online, Bud's has the G3 17s brand new for $500. Unless Mass. kills you with taxes and such too.
    MA FFL's won't accept delivery....
    thechriskarel likes this.
    "If there is trouble, I stay here to help you. For your father -- for your father."

Quote Originally Posted by rdunawaytx View Post
    I have to go there this spring for my oldest daughter's college graduation. Unarmed. Bleh.
    Yup, no reciprocity.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links