My new L. W. Seecamp .32 Auto

This is a discussion on My new L. W. Seecamp .32 Auto within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I put the very first 75 rounds through this gun yesterday. Range Three yards - Keeping in mind that with only a two inch barrel, ...

Thread: My new L. W. Seecamp .32 Auto

My new L. W. Seecamp .32 Auto

I put the very first 75 rounds through this gun yesterday.

Range Three yards -

Keeping in mind that with only a two inch barrel, no sights, and chambered for the lowly .32 Auto cartridge, this is a “last ditch” back-up firearm; three yards seemed appropriate.

Ammunition used was the Gold Dot .32 Auto –

This gun, and especially the magazine, is very ammo sensitive as I described earlier. I attempted to use Blazer FMJ’s, but they are slightly too long to get more than two into the magazine.

Fortunately the shooting range also had a supply of the Gold Dots in, so I was able to test the very ammo I intend to load this gun with for every day carry. With this ammo I had no problem getting all six rounds into the magazine.

Shots fired –

The DA trigger pull is fairly typical with what I have found in other good European designed small semi-autos; heavier than a good revolver, but manageable, the trigger “stacks” (gets noticeably heavier through the pull), and lets-off briskly.

Three to four seconds per shot gave me the opportunity to get used to two things: trigger management and the “silhouette” method of sighting that Jim Cirrillo (retired NYPD Stake-out Squad member) advocates.

Problems –

Rounds 1 – 35 functioned flawlessly.

Round 36 failed to feed. The recoil was so light that I had loosened my grip too much and I in effect “limp wrested” this one – my fault.

Rounds 37 – 44 were flawless.

Round 45 failed to feed. I shoot semi-auto pistols with the thumb of my support hand sitting on top of the thumb of my firing hand. With the shot of this round my support thumb drug on the slide, slowing it’s cycle down – my fault.

Rounds 46 – 70 were flawless.

Round 71 failed to feed. I didn’t see anything that I did wrong here. I suspect that with only 70 previous rounds through this gun I am far short from having this gun broken in or because of the tight tolerances in this gun 70 rounds may get it dirty enough to start causing problems. I’ll have to see if I still have this problem after I have a few hundred rounds through it, or if lightly cleaning it after every 25 rounds will fix this. Realistically, if getting dirty after 70 rounds causes problems, I see no real problem – it would unlikely see more than seven rounds through it in a defensive use (I would be starting with a clean gun) – I carry seven in the gun and won’t likely have more than one spare six round magazine on me (it’s primarily a BUG).

Rounds on target –

It isn’t a tack driver, but for “OH MY GOD” up close and personal last ditch effort it did pretty well. Attached is the result at three yards.

Overall I'm pretty pleased with it. I'll try to post more as I shoot it more.

In Pursuit,

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    Great little firearm.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Member Array chiefs-special-guy's Avatar
    I like the 32 auto for really little guns. It is not bad. I have a tomcat- a larger gun than the seecamp certainly- and it works perfectly with the win silvertips (and anything else actually).
    the seecamp is a very deluxe proposition i believe. i hope she serves you very well, mostly by not ever being fired in anger.
    God Bless
    Six for sure...Uh, I mean Five. Five for sure..

This one I found on the dealer shelf, new, for $400.00.

I remember when one had to go on a two-year waiting list, only to pay two - three times the MSRP.

Since the .380 acp version has come out, the .32 acp version had become a bit more available.

I do believe the original seacamp came with info that indicated that it was designed around the silvertip round. Many other types of ammo, including fmj would be too long to fit in the magazine. My wife shoots the silvertip in her old walther PP -- works great. Might try some for consistancy in the little guy.
    gary
    I.C.E.?? dial 1 911 !!!

I do believe the original seacamp came with info that indicated that it was designed around the silvertip round.
    True, it was designed around the Silvertip, but, the Silvertip is no longer recommended - it has changed.

On the Seecamp web site they maintain a current listing of recommended ammunition. The Gold Dot is on the current list.

Peace,

Nice pocket piece ! Congrats !!!
    " Refuse to be a victim, make sure there is a round chambered ! "

Just call me a pessimistic optimist !

U.S. Navy vet 1981-1992

los
    Welcome and CONGRATS on your acquisition!

What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Congrats...

on the new addition to the family...

I don't have one, but I have looked at them many times...

Stay armed...stay safe!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Thanks for the congratualtions.

I've been a shooter for over thirty years. I just thought a write-up on a BUG that not many get a chance to try would be interesting to some here.

My usuall carry is a Kahr PM9, though I often switch to one of my 12 or so other handguns (suitible for defensive carry) when the fancy strikes me.

Peace to all,

FJC
    Great little pocket pistol - mine goes with me most everywhere.

I haven't had a single failure with mine over the span of about 100 rounds of Gold Dot. However, I shot those 100 rounds over the span of 3 range trips, with cleaning in-between. Perhaps they get a little finicky when dirty?

Links