XD can't get used to the trigger

This is a discussion on XD can't get used to the trigger within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I recently had the chance to shoot an Xd and I must say that I am not very good with it. I couln't get a ...

Thread: XD can't get used to the trigger

I recently had the chance to shoot an Xd and I must say that I am not very good with it. I couln't get a feel for the trigger. One would think that the crisp trigger would make accuracy easier but for some reason it really didn't. I still couldn't get the hang of it after 150 rounds.

The trigger feels like that of a sig (in double action) even though the XD is single action. However, I am able to shoot the sigs better.

Does anyone prefer the XD trigger to that of other pistols? Are you consistently accurate with it?

Just like your screen name implies...

"Go Glock"

Counting i have both i prefer the xd trigger to the glock but nothing compare to a 1911 trigger so take it for what it is

Its a to each there own deal

I have an XD40 and I have a little over 4,000 rounds through it. From what I can gather by talking to other XD owners, it's a trigger that has to be learned. Some guns are very easy to learn the trigger, some aren't. I find it common for people having problems with accuracy due to the trigger of the XD. But once they learn it, all problems go away. It's not something you're going to learn in 100-200 rounds typically. You're going to have to dry fire a lot.

I've done a lot of dry firing, and a lot of shooting. All is well with my trigger and I am really consistent with it. Give it time, you'll get better with it. I wouldn't trade my gun for any other. In the over 4,000 rounds through mine the ONLY failues were from limp wristing the very first time I shot it, and then I had to borrow a mag from teh range because I forgot mine at home stupidly.. the mag was damaged, and would cause jams all the time. I went back to my mags and have absolutely no problems whatsoever. Gun is absolutely flawless. has gone bang every time I've pulled the trigger, except those few failues caused by inexperience and the faulty mag.

whw
    I've had the same problem. I never could get used to the XD trigger. Would always have some flyers that I couldn't explain when trying to call the shot.
    Finally went back to the Glock and things improved dramatically. I do believe the XD trigger requires some adaptation on the part of the shooter.

whw

I've got an XD9. It was my first gun (other than the Radom P-35 my Stepdad gave me). I've got over 12,000 rounds through it without a problem. I learned to shoot on a G19 and the Radom (which is SA).

Here's the funny part: I bought (and sold) a Sig P220 because I didn't like the double action trigger (as well as the transition from DA to SA).

At any rate, picking a gun is a very personal thing. You gotta go with what works for you.
    "To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." Ted Nugent

SIC VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM.

Distinguished Member Array lowflyer's Avatar
    I shoot my XD just fine. I much prefer the XD trigger to the Glock. YMMV
    Whatever doesn't kill you postpones the inevitable.

get back to basics. get your sight picture, focus, and slowly put your finger on the trigger and continue to squeeze evenly (never losing your aim). let the "POP" surprise you and you should have that shot hit where you focused at. I've played with that and actually prefer a trigger with a little play just because of that focus. feel your weapon. it has it's set functions. you are better because you can adapt.
    What's this button do?

Quote Originally Posted by Go Glock View Post
    I recently had the chance to shoot an Xd and I must say that I am not very good with it. I couln't get a feel for the trigger. One would think that the crisp trigger would make accuracy easier but for some reason it really didn't. I still couldn't get the hang of it after 150 rounds.

The trigger feels like that of a sig (in double action) even though the XD is single action. However, I am able to shoot the sigs better.

Does anyone prefer the XD trigger to that of other pistols? Are you consistently accurate with it?
    I don't mind the trigger but it does take some getting used to. You need to practice, including the basics. If you practice things will improve.

Yes, I am consistently accurate with a sub compact, strong hand only, at 25 yards. It can be done!
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk! --Tuco

like downrange implied, you really shouldnt "get used to" any trigger, so to speak...

Center of the World Ma! Center of the World!
    I have an XD 40 Sub Compact, it took a bit of geting used to but I find it extreamly accurate, reliable and I enjoy shooting it. It is like anything else It takes practice.
    "Hell of a thing, killin' a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."
    - William Munny (Clint Eastwood in the Unfrogivin)

“The graveyards are full of indispensable men.” – Napoleon Bonaparte

“My Idea of a fair fight is beating baby seals with a club”

Dry fire more until you get the hang of it.

Sponsored Links