My .357 Coonan is on the way Monday

This is a discussion on My .357 Coonan is on the way Monday within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Coonan has a wait for their 1911 .357 magnums. A significant one. I was all set to order today and I posted on the Kimber ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: My .357 Coonan is on the way Monday

Distinguished Member

Coonan has a wait for their 1911 .357 magnums. A significant one. I was all set to order today and I posted on the Kimber 1911 group on Facebook that I was ordering one. Got a response from a gentlemen in Mississippi that he had one, exactly what I was looking for, new in the box, never fired, for sale. Plus about $300 in ammo. Plus the awesome looking extra wood laser etched grip (and the one on the gun). Plus 3 magazines. Plus the 38 special spring.

Guess what's going to be on the way to me Monday?

I would also like to publicly state that this is completely Gatorbait51's fault. He convinced me that purchasing a 1911 in any caliber but .45 ACP was not, in fact, an abomination against God and nature. Still not a .38 Super though. I haven't fallen that far.
    Then said he unto them, "But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." - Luke 22:36

Is it stopping here first?

Distinguished Member
    Dude. I wanna hear about it. Sounds like you're happy with the deal as well. Very nice.
    gatorbait51 and rdunawaytx like this.
    Savage Heartland

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rdunawaytx View Post
    Coonan has a wait for their 1911 .357 magnums. A significant one. I was all set to order today and I posted on the Kimber 1911 group on Facebook that I was ordering one. Got a response from a gentlemen in Mississippi that he had one, exactly what I was looking for, new in the box, never fired, for sale. Plus about $300 in ammo. Plus the awesome looking extra wood laser etched grip (and the one on the gun). Plus 3 magazines. Plus the 38 special spring.

Guess what's going to be on the way to me Monday?

I would also like to publicly state that this is completely Gatorbait51's fault. He convinced me that purchasing a 1911 in any caliber but .45 ACP was not, in fact, an abomination to God and nature. Still not a .38 Super though. I haven't fallen that far.
    Of course it's my fault . And the Super will get you ,just a matter of time .. Good deal on the Coonan!
    EN MI VIDA AL MAL NO TEMERÉ, POR QUE EN MI CORAZÓN Y MIS DOS .38 SUPER COLT.

Man sounds like a very nice gun. Make sure to give us some pic's and update on range times.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    NRA Member
    GOA Member
    US Army Vet

VIP Member

Thumbs up

This is definitely gonna need pics and a range report. Congrats!
    PhaedrusIV and gatorbait51 like this.

Freakin cool.

Please post pics when it finally gets to you.

Anything in .357 magnum is a showstopper in my book.

awesome.JPG
    Duty is ours, consequences are God's.

- Stonewall Jackson

I just picked up my Para Expert 1911, and it's .45, but I want you to know, that I approve.
    PhaedrusIV and gatorbait51 like this.
    Experience - the ability to instantly recognize a mistake when you make it again.

If everything else fails, than .45 ACP, Because shooting twice is silly.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty222 View Post
    I just picked up my Para Expert 1911, and it's .45, but I want you to know, that I approve.
    How can you not approve on a .357 magnum semiautomatic? In 1911? It's like whipped cream on top of your pumpkin pie. Now, my nightstand gun is a 13+1 .45 because the noise and fireball from the Coonan is nuts. But still....

Also, Coonan sent James Nelson a blue gun for the Coonan. So I'll have a custom holster to match my custom pistol on the way, too. Go me.
    Then said he unto them, "But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." - Luke 22:36

^^^
    My favorite is .357 magnum. The first gun I bought in 1979 is a Colt Python .357. (still have it), Another is a Colt Trooper MK III, .357.
    Than I almost bought an auto mag .44, but they had some difficulties with it, so never got one, but sooner or later......
    Experience - the ability to instantly recognize a mistake when you make it again.

If everything else fails, than .45 ACP, Because shooting twice is silly.

You are going to love the Coonan. Three tings you might want to know, 1. It is LOUD 2. If you are a reloader you will be hunting for your brass as it launches it as opposed to ejecting it. 3. It prefers full house loads in .38.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    "We've already run the misfits out of our country." Matthew Quigley

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by leprechaun50 View Post
    3. It prefers full house loads in .38.
    Can you explain this one a bit more?
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Sounds like both of you made out!
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Well well well. I cant wait to here what you think. Those things always appeared to be nice. Like you said could you really get better than a .357mag semi auto. Congrats.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

I wonder how the rimmed cases function in a magazine, are there rim lock issues like can happen with 32 acp?
    My LGS has a used one for $1200.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links