Considered a P-11 today

This is a discussion on Considered a P-11 today within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; A Keltec P-11. Some one had traded it in at a local gun shop. Wasn't in the greatest condition. the slide had some surface rust ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Considered a P-11 today

Lead Moderator

Considered a P-11 today

A Keltec P-11. Some one had traded it in at a local gun shop. Wasn't in the greatest condition. the slide had some surface rust all over , which I am sure the shop tried to clean up.
    They were asking $175 for it. overall it had not been shot that much. I am not totally in love with the thickness of the P-11 , since I am looking for a summer BUG type pocket gun.
    I decided to wait and either buy a P3AT or similar for smaller,easier carry for really hot days, as well as running and biking.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

2. Remove Ads

I have one but don't particuarly like the trigger. If the gun is that rusty you can do better. I have seen very nice ones at gun shows for $225 or less. I'm not sure what new ones cost these days but I think I bought mine for $250 or so several years ago. They are not a bad gun and definately are low in cost.
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    The trigger is the only " legitimate " complaint i have eaver heard on them . I dont own one nor am i likely to , but dont consider them a bad gun if your intrests run to thier nitch . I wouldnt consider it a pocket pistol but some do .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

If you are looking for a pocket pistol, the P-3AT fills the bill much better than the P-11. I took delivery on a P-F9 in December. It's a bit thinner and lighter than my P-11s but still a little big for my pockets. Still the P-11s are great guns for IWB/OWB carry when you need a fairly small pistol. Guess the P-32s and P-3ATs spoiled me.
    str1

I Have Three KelTec's

The .32...
    The .380...
    The P-11...not a great trigger, but then it is not an EDC for me...but a great 'second'...

Of the 3 listed...the P-3AT is my favorite!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I picked up my P11 for 200 used in very good condition. I use it as a summer carry piece. I'm going to have it (the slide) hard chromed to resist rust with a blued gun. If you can get it for 150 then pick it up!

I like the gun as a summer carry weapon in Smart carry or IWB with a sweat shield. Works will all ammo except for 147grain FMJ.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

Definetly agree with everyone here. I love my P3AT, it just slides right into my pocket, slimmer than a wallet. I do carry my P11 with heavier clothes, or a IWB uncle mikes. Haven't shot the PF9 and don't think I will. I have big hands so my P11 fits great but my only complaint with the P3AT is the small grip.
    “Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.” Thomas Paine

"He who is prudent and lies in wait for an enemy who is not, will be victorious". Sun Tzu

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Repairs View Post
    The trigger is the only " legitimate " complaint i have eaver heard on them . I dont own one nor am i likely to , but dont consider them a bad gun if your intrests run to thier nitch . I wouldnt consider it a pocket pistol but some do .
    +1 on that. The only reason I ever traded mine away was because of the trigger. I just couldn't get past it enough to become comfortable with it. That doesn't mean other shooters can't though.

It was to me, about the biggest pistol I could comfortably pocket carry.
    ...He suggested that "every American citizen" should own a rifle and train with it on firing ranges "at every courthouse." -Chesty Puller

Rocky-
    The P-11 is a great little gun with a fairly hard trigger, but that price is high.
    John
    Assault is a behavior, not a device.

"Don't never take no shortcuts." Patty Reed, Donner Party

Lifetime NRA member

Administrator
    If it were priced better, I would buy it to tinker with. A trigger job, hard chrome it would make a nice little pocket gun.
    "Just blame Sixto"

VIP Member
    The price seems a little high, but not too bad. Of course, your market may be higher or lower than others. If I try to buy a gun within 75 miles of where I live I know I'll pay an extra $50-$100 for it. So, if I saw one locally for $175 it wouldn't seem high priced to me at all.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

Lead Moderator
    Prices seem to be high up here, as there are only smaller shops. I understand they need to make money too. I decided to wait and pick up a P3AT instead, too bad they don't make a single stack 9mm, poly frame gun.
    I love having stuff to tinker with too.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

[QUOTE=, too bad they don't make a single stack 9mm, poly frame gun.
    QUOTE]

Oh but they do Rocky! The P-F9. I've had mine since December 06.
    str1

I carry a P 11 in my pocket quite often. You need big pockets but it works. The trigger is a problem. My gunsmith is doing a trigger job, actually building a spring. It is supposed to get the trigger down to 5.5- 6 pounds. It will still be a long pull but should be better. He also has entered a deal with a spring manufacturer to sell the springs. Mine is the prototype.

VIP Member
    Wish I could find a PF 9... almost as much as I would like to find a Rock Island 1911 Compact.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links