ProMag Magazines for M&P

ProMag Magazines for M&P

This is a discussion on ProMag Magazines for M&P within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; ProMag Industries has nice prices on their mags for the M&P in 9 and 40. Has anyone bought one? If so have you been pleased ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: ProMag Magazines for M&P

ProMag Magazines for M&P

ProMag Industries has nice prices on their mags for the M&P in 9 and 40. Has anyone bought one? If so have you been pleased with it? Also noticed that they have a 25 round mag for the 40 and a 32 round for the 9. Looks like it would be a lot of fun. Any experience with those? TIA for your replies.

https://promagindustries.com/48-smith-wesson

no experience with their M&P mags but I have had issues with their Glock mags in the past.
    halem1 likes this.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

I'm one of "those guys" who stick with OEM mags for carry. For range use, they are probably fine as they will give you a chance to practice malfunction clearance. That is something my M&P and I don't ever have to do unless I set it up.
    BamaT and halem1 like this.
    As Benjamin Franklin left the hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?” He replied: “A republic, if you can keep it.”

I have promag mags for a Sig P6 and they work great but I have heard many folks tell me their promags failed quick. I will say the ones for the P6 hold 2 rounds beyond their advertised capacity... Not sure if that is a feature or a defect...
    halem1 likes this.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Senior Moderator
    As stated in another thread recently, I would never, ever rely on ProMags for self defense. Range use, have a ball. I've given ProMags the benefit of the doubt for 1911s, a Sig 220, a Taurus and Kahrs, at least 6 mags in all, and every last one has failed me. The last couple were hammered flat before throwing them out so I wouldn't have someone else's bad fortune on my conscience.

ProMags? Keep walking.
    Ianthin, rocky, 357and40 and 1 others like this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    As stated in another thread recently, I would never, ever rely on ProMags for self defense. Range use, have a ball. I've given ProMags the benefit of the doubt for 1911s, a Sig 220, a Taurus and Kahrs, at least 6 mags in all, and every last one has failed me. The last couple were hammered flat before throwing them out so I wouldn't have someone else's bad fortune on my conscience.

ProMags? Keep walking.
    I respect your opinion highly. If ProMag's products failed in four different brands of guns then I don't want to spend my money on them.

Senior Member Array Crescentstar's Avatar
    OEM mags aren't that expensive. Why take the chance?
    "Extremism is so easy. You've got your position, and that's it. It doesn't take much thought. And when you go far enough to the right, you meet the same idiots coming around from the left"

Clint Eastwood

Avoid ProMag. The quality is very poor. You pay more for quality.

I bought 2 ProMag for M&P9 about 2 years ago during the great disturbance in the force.

My M&Ps using either one of these mags began to jam consistently. I considered dumping them and even wrote to ProMag about it.

I never heard back form ProMag so kept the two magazines in the range bag to work on malfunctions.

Well eventually the mags started to work and no longer had any issues. So I would only have ProMag as a training mag and would not consider for a carry magazine [in the pistol or as an extra].
    halem1 likes this.

Yeah, promag makes great paperweights. Not so good mags. I have 2 that I had issues with.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by halem1 View Post
    I respect your opinion highly. If ProMag's products failed in four different brands of guns then I don't want to spend my money on them.
    When I'm looking for inexpensive mags, I look for LEO trades or Mec Gar. Try CDNN. They often have lightly used LEO OEM mags for M&P, Glock, and Sig for $15.

ETA: Try this. CDNN SPORTS - MAGAZINES SMITH & WESSON
    5lima30ret likes this.
    I'm not saying we should kill all the stupid people. I'm saying remove all the warning labels and let the problem sort itself out.

I got sucked into pro mags because of the price. They totally suck, bought two of them. Both totally suck...
    Mec-Gar or from the gun maker is the only way to go if your life depends on it.

The ones I bought were for a S&W Model 915...
    Doesn't matter if you win or lose, as long as you win.

Distinguished Member Array 5lima30ret's Avatar
    The Pro-mags I have used are for a Mini-14 and a 1911. They were NOT reliable and I would not recommend them! You can get OEM mags from CDNN,& Natchez Shooters, very reasonably. Good luck!
    Retired Police Lieutenant, Retired USAF Reserve, Glock Armorer, AL Retired LEO Pistol Permit, NC CWP, LEOSA Qualified
    Second generation American, Third generation Legionnaire
    "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Phil 4:13

my only experience with ProMag was with my mini-14.

the feed lips were so misshapen that out-of-the b-box the bolt was not even engaging the ammunition. Forget if it fed properly, it would not even touch a round or begin to strip it out of the mag!! the bolt just ran back and forth right ove he top of the mag!!!

after about 3 hours on each magazine I was able to carefully re-shape the feed lips, I had a Ruger OEM mag as a model.

Now they work fine, and I have quite a bit of rounds thru them.

I would not recommend this too anyone, and I will NEVER buy another Pro-Mag product again.... ever.

have not tried them in handguns, have NEVER heard anything good about them.

I suppose if you really need practice clearing malf's it might be a good idea to scoop up a few....
    Beans, Bullets, and Bandages. The only thing better than being ready is not having to use it!

"First comes smiles. Then comes lies. Last is Gunfire."

I have a pro mag 32rnd for my M&P 9c. never had a problem using brass but it doesn't like aluminum or steel - the last 10 or so loaded (top ones once loaded full) don't run very well.

It will never see hollow points but it's great for the range.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links