Taurus Millenium Pro

This is a discussion on Taurus Millenium Pro within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by XNavyflyer What model Fobus is that? Do they make one specifically for the Taurus? I need something for my new PT-145. Fobus ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Taurus Millenium Pro

Quote Originally Posted by XNavyflyer View Post
    What model Fobus is that? Do they make one specifically for the Taurus? I need something for my new PT-145.
    Fobus paddle holster SP11B will accomodate my Millenium pistols from the PT111, PT140 and my new PT145PRO. This model will also accomodate the Springfield XD SC series and Glock subcompacts. To make a long story short this one is not specifically for Taurus but will work just fine with the PT145.

2. Remove Ads

I have had a PT145Mil Pro for about 6 months. It really is a nice pistol for the money! I agree that the sights take some getting used to...I had that shooting low thing going on too when I first bought it. I've got it figured out now & she groups just fine!

The only less than positive thing I can say about my 145 is that I've had a FTF issue when administrative loading with a full mag of Gold Dots.

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    I am not a Taurus fan at all, but the millenium series is pretty good. The trigger feels like your dragging a bucket of gravel, if you can get past that, its a decent little gun.
    Have you tried the Pro series? My PT145 trigger is as smooth as my Kimber. More take-up but it breaks very clean.

I'm a child of the 60's, but I got over it.

Distinguished Member Array mavrik46's Avatar
    My wife carries a Mil-Pro PT111 and loves it. I have a Mil-Pro PT138 put back for our 17 year old daughter. Would not hesitate to buy another.

Quote Originally Posted by exprt9 View Post
    Fobus paddle holster SP11B will accomodate my Millenium pistols from the PT111, PT140 and my new PT145PRO. This model will also accomodate the Springfield XD SC series and Glock subcompacts. To make a long story short this one is not specifically for Taurus but will work just fine with the PT145.
    Thanks exprt...I'll keep my eyes out for one of them!

I have both the PT140 and PT745. Reliable. Never any problem with either of them. Shoots reasonably well. Fits in my hand great.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by sisco View Post
    Have you tried the Pro series? My PT145 trigger is as smooth as my Kimber. More take-up but it breaks very clean.
    Funny you posted this... I came on here to take back what I said about the bucket of gravel. I was just fooling around with a pro on the range, getting it ready for another officer who bought it for off duty. The pro is a whole lot better than the older versions. Its still rather long and a little gritty, but not bad at all. I would say that this is a best buy, and bang for the buck gun.
    "Just blame Sixto"

I currently have 2 Millennium pros, a 9 and a .40. They are both 3rd generation. I got a real deal on the 9mm when I was looking for a 9mm and I like the gun. The trigger is excellent for a carry auto IMHO. It has a long pull with light clean break. It isn't as accurate as i would like and shoots to the left for me. I tried to move the rear sight, but the little allen screw won't loosen, so I changed the point where my finger hits the trigger and that helped some with the windage. I later bought the .40 and it suits me much better. The trigger is the same, it is more accurate by far, and the round is more potent. I'm just breaking it in with about 400 rounds through it, as soon as I test it with some SD ammo, I'll be carrying it. I was shooting at a silhouette target at 35 feet yesterday and when I got settled into the gun, put a 2 to 3 inch ragged hole center of mass as quick as I could bring it back on target. That is about as good as I can shoot with my old eyes.
    A friend wants the 9mm, so maybe I'll sell it to him and get a .45 too.

Quote Originally Posted by XNavyflyer View Post
    What model Fobus is that? Do they make one specifically for the Taurus? I need something for my new PT-145.
    The holster in the pic is the Fobus SP11B. Sorry it took me so long to get back with this.......

Senior Member Array Maverickx50's Avatar

PT745

I carry the PT-745 Mil Pro SS and like it a lot. I'm especialy fond of the (normal) single action which converts to double action in a mis-fire. Best of both worlds to my way of thinking. The shooting low thing take a bit of time to get used to but your not trying to use this gun to pick off the bad guys at 100 yards. if you miss the middle of the chest by 2 inches I doubt the bad guy will notice much. Good gun easy to carry for a .45 ACP There are definately better guns but not for the money.

pro PT145 sits on my night stand. i like it alot.
    Deer huntin' is a hole in the swamp where i spend my wife's money....

It's not a bad starter gun, it was reliable for me untill the 4000 round marker. Traded my friend for hers, and she sold it to buy a Kahr PM9. The current one has many many fewer rounds through it, and doesn't drop the mag after 1 or 2 shots.

I'm looking to sell mine come summer and get a different pistol. XD is in the list, since I shoot a LOT better with it.

You do get a hell of a lotta gun for the money on any of the Pro's however.
    ~Mike F.
    http://www.ConcealedCampus.com
    http://www.a-human-right.com/
    "Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."

I have the PT145 Mil Pro 3rd gen. Great for concealed carry. Probalbly the all around best value for 10+1. Too big for the pocket unlease you are a really big guy. Fully loaded mine weighed out @ over 29 ozs. Its reliable over 300 through it no FTF .Its eaten everything. FMJ JHP 185 gr 230 all fired well and reasonably accurate for 3.25 in barrel. Has manual safety which should be used if one is in the chamber. Has Sa/DA trigger primarily SA unless you have an FTF then DA kicks in with long smooth pull. Great gun for less than $400.Good Luck

I have a 3rd Gen PT140 and I love it. I use a Bianchi Pro IWB holster and it's great. Shoots like a dream and well priced.
    God Bless America!!

Pt145 Mil Pro 3 rd gen is my carry. Best for gun for the money. 6 inches long 5.12 high 1.18 wide.Slightly bigger than the 9mm and 40 Low recoil. SA/DA trgger long but smooth and crisp.Has safety (right hand only). If you but one make sure its 3rd gen Millenieum on one side PT-145 PRO on the other . Serial NO. starts with NZ. If you carry with one in the chamber its always SA use the safety. Same as Cocked and Locked. Also own 9mm 2nd Gen. Good gun. Both have several hundred round through them and both have been flawless. Good Luck

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links