Taurus Millenium Pro

Taurus Millenium Pro

This is a discussion on Taurus Millenium Pro within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; What are ya'll thoughts and opinions on this pistol? I have seriously been considering pickin on up for pocket carry in cargo shorts and the ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Taurus Millenium Pro

Taurus Millenium Pro

What are ya'll thoughts and opinions on this pistol? I have seriously been considering pickin on up for pocket carry in cargo shorts and the like for the coming summer. Thinking on either 9mm or .40.

Any info is appreciated.

Jake
    "They kept tryin' to put me in the ground, but I wasn't ready"

Senior Moderator
    I've been wanting one myself. There are sevearl guys who have them on the board.

Lets hope they post soon.
    A real man loves his wife, and places his family as the most important thing in life. Nothing has brought me more peace and content in life than simply being a good husband and father.

I have the PT140 Mil. Pro. as shown below in a fobus paddle holster. It has been nothing but reliable. There was some issues with the frame cracking in the older Non-Pro versions, but I believe Taurus fixed that problem with the Pro versions. It is thin and compact and great for CCW. Accuracy is not the best, but not bad, good enough for self defense. For the price and lifetime warranty Taurus offers, it is a good choice IMO. I now use it as a BUG since the tax check came in and I bought at .45 for primary carry.

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    I dont have a pro , but have the original pt145 . It is a fine little .45 with a lot of rounds for the size . A friend has had several of the pro series and i have shot his in 9, .40 and .45 . The 9 and the .45 were sweet little guns , but the .40 was crap frankly, None of 5 shooters could hit acceptably with it and it had severe feeding problems before it broke . I am shure it was a lemon but still did not install confidince in the platform for .40 lol . It went back to the company for repairs , and when it came back about 60 days later was traded without further fireing . Out of the 5 or 6 i have had experiance with it was the only one with issues tho .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Senior Member Array mech1369dlw's Avatar
    If you get one of the 3rd generation guns, they are fine. The latest gen has been out about a year now, so most of, if not all, the new guns out there should be 3rd gen. I had the older ones and the newest ones are far better than the old ones. I have a 9mm and a .45 millenniun pro. The heinie straight 8 sights take a little bit getting used to. A lot of people complain that their gun shoots low. No, it shoots where the barrel is pointing. Once ya get used to them, it shoots pretty good, 2", groups ar 10 yards. I have over 2K thru both of them and the only problem is the expected break in or break down period. Keep them clean lubed correctly, they will take care of you. This is my experience with them. I'm sure there will be someone along soon that will beat them into the ground because they had a friend that had a cousin that heard about a bad one. If ya get the chance, shoot them for yourself before you buy. If there is any doubt about what generation you are looking at, the newest ones have the heinie sight and a Z for the 2nd letter in the serial number.
    A person is justified in the use of deadly force, if such person reasonably believes deadly force is necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm to such person or a third person.

Quote Originally Posted by d.40v View Post
    I have the PT140 Mil. Pro. as shown below in a fobus paddle holster.
    What model Fobus is that? Do they make one specifically for the Taurus? I need something for my new PT-145.

I love my PT145PRO. Probably the closest to perfect in a CCW gun.
    FREEDOM MATTERS!

I have a PT145 MilPro that is my carry weapon. I'M really happy with it.
    02PSD4ME

http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/...5&postcount=24

In addition to the comments above: the assembly pin also apparently functions as the locking block. This concerns me as I am not sure how much pounding that pin will take.

Thanks for the replies folks.....I haven't gotten my hands around one yet so I'm not sure if it will truly fit the bill for what I'm lookin into. My primary carry right now is my 5" Springfield 1911 that I carry OWB in a Tucker belt holster. Not very hard to conceal with an untucked shirt but it's less that desireable when I'm out and about in a t-shirt and shorts.......that's why I'm interested in the Taurus.

I dunno if it's small enough from looking at the pictures for pocket carry, but up until now I've been looking into those little Bersa Thunders in .380 and while I like the size.....I find the caliber less than desireable.

Jake
    "They kept tryin' to put me in the ground, but I wasn't ready"

At first, I just have the PT111 MilPro SSP then I added the PT140 MilPro SSP since I like the PT111 so much! I just recently acquired the PT145PRO SSP last Saturday but I have not had the chance to shoot it yet. I'm hoping that the PT145 would be as reliable and accurate as my other Millenium Pro pistols if not better. Once the PT145 passes the break in period, it will take over as my main carry pistol. You can't go wrong with any of the Millenium Pro's whether 2nd or 3rd generation IMO!

Administrator
    I am not a Taurus fan at all, but the millenium series is pretty good. The trigger feels like your dragging a bucket of gravel, if you can get past that, its a decent little gun.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by TarletonRanger View Post
    Thanks for the replies folks.....I haven't gotten my hands around one yet so I'm not sure if it will truly fit the bill for what I'm lookin into. My primary carry right now is my 5" Springfield 1911 that I carry OWB in a Tucker belt holster. Not very hard to conceal with an untucked shirt but it's less that desireable when I'm out and about in a t-shirt and shorts.......that's why I'm interested in the Taurus.

I dunno if it's small enough from looking at the pictures for pocket carry, but up until now I've been looking into those little Bersa Thunders in .380 and while I like the size.....I find the caliber less than desireable.

Jake
    I carry a Taurus 605 for pocket carry. It's only 5 rounds but its 5 .357 rounds. Fits better in my pocket than my .380 (Makarov) and much more power.

I'm glad you asked about the PT-111, I got a chance to fire one last month and was impressed by it once I got use to the trigger. It is to big for me to pocket carry but I would find it ideal for IWB or tuckable. Plus it's a lot smaller tham my PT-92
    A real man loves his wife, and places his family as the most important thing in life. Nothing has brought me more peace and content in life than simply being a good husband and father.

I Carry a PT140 Mil Pro in a Bianchi AccuMold Belt Slide. This gun is very reliable and very concealable. I have shot 2000+ rounds with all types of ammo and never had any problems. I would highly recommend this gun. I'm thinking about purchasing the PT-745 Mil Pro.

I carry a Millenium Pro PT 111. Shot pistols of one of my friends in this caliber and had to have one. Very accurate out to 15 yards. Takedown and reassembly a breeze. Very reliable. Next up for me is a PT 145 Millenium Pro. Gotta have one. I highly recommend the Millennium Pro pistols.
    "How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual... as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded, controlled, supervised, and taken care of." -- Rep. Suzanna Gratia Hupp (TX)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links