Taurus 145 Rail and No Rail

This is a discussion on Taurus 145 Rail and No Rail within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am thinking about buying a Taurus PT145 The one a saw in the store had a Rail for attachments. I have been looking on-line ...

Thread: Taurus 145 Rail and No Rail

I am thinking about buying a Taurus PT145 The one a saw in the store had a Rail for attachments. I have been looking on-line and I see 2 One with Rail and one without. What am I missing? It seems to me the rail is the older model. I have been sick all week so maybe I am not thinking correctly and I am missing something.

I have the pt-145 without the rail.
    definitely the older model.
    "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."
    - Sir Winston Churchill

When Taurus came out with the 2nd generation DAO PT145 MilPro's they did not have the accessory rail. Later on the accessory rail was added to the same model and became standard with the new PT145's. When the 3rd generation SA/DA PT145Pro pistols came out all have the accessory rails and the straight 8 Heinie sights.

Thanks for the info so far and you both sound correct. But why is it when I go to the web site I get a picture of a No Rail pt145? The web site is 2006 copyright. Here is the link... http://www.taurususa.com/products/pr...ategory=Pistol

Senior Member Array mech1369dlw's Avatar
    Both the Taurus site and most sellers using generic pics of the handguns, are using old pics. Maybe too lazy, don't have newest pic, don't care, etc. If it has a rail, straight 8 heinie sights, and 2nd letter in the serial number is a Z, then you are looking at the 3rd gen. gun.
    A person is justified in the use of deadly force, if such person reasonably believes deadly force is necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm to such person or a third person.

Quote Originally Posted by mech1369dlw View Post
    Both the Taurus site and most sellers using generic pics of the handguns, are using old pics. Maybe too lazy, don't have newest pic, don't care, etc. If it has a rail, straight 8 heinie sights, and 2nd letter in the serial number is a Z, then you are looking at the 3rd gen. gun.

OK, at gun shop for $332.00 they have pt145 heinie sights 2nd letter is a z But no Rail. At pawn shop they have a pt145 Heinie sights, 2nd letter is a "Y" and has a rail for $325.00.Used. Another pawn shop has rail not sure about 2nd letter, and I think heinie sights and a rail for $360.00 New??!?!?!?!???

Senior Member Array mech1369dlw's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rcsnpr View Post
    OK, at gun shop for $332.00 they have pt145 heinie sights 2nd letter is a z But no Rail. At pawn shop they have a pt145 Heinie sights, 2nd letter is a "Y" and has a rail for $325.00.Used. Another pawn shop has rail not sure about 2nd letter, and I think heinie sights and a rail for $360.00 New??!?!?!?!???
    That was the info that Taurus was putting out when I called them. I put different people thru the ringer to make sure I had the newest generation of the guns. Taurus said that was what to look for and I had the people that were selling to open the boxes and verify. I did this because everyone was using different pics. I'm dunno.
    A person is justified in the use of deadly force, if such person reasonably believes deadly force is necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm to such person or a third person.

Links