My new Ruger KP345DPR

My new Ruger KP345DPR

This is a discussion on My new Ruger KP345DPR within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just got this gun. This model has a decocker which returns to the 'ready' position when released, not the decocker/safety usually found on these. It ...

Thread: My new Ruger KP345DPR

My new Ruger KP345DPR

Just got this gun. This model has a decocker which returns to the 'ready' position when released, not the decocker/safety usually found on these. It also has the Piccatinney rails, which I probably will never use.

I already love it! Had it out to the range, in the wind and cold and spitting rain. The targets were bobbing around and up and down in the wind , but I fired several 4" groups at 25 yrds, right on for elevation, and a couple of inches to the right, It functioned flawlessly with WWB. I am anxious to try it again when the weather is not so nasty; I am sure I can shoot a smaller tighter than 3" groups in spite of my old eyes. Recoil is not noticeable, but I am used to .45's.

I have owned and shot the 1911's since the early '70's, and loved and respected them. I've had Gold Cups and Commanders and even Aces, and had them stock through modified like the $2000 guns you can buy today. I prefer this Ruger for anything except target work. I find it to be that good.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

obxned, if you are happy, I am happy. I have never had a problem with my P85 MKII, P90, or P97. Sadly, I have never owned/fired a P345 and I wish I could say I had. Regards, Richard

mmmmm, ive always looovvveeeeddd rugers...

damn you, you just cost me ~$500!!!

Got mine for $425!!!!!!!
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

I've had my Ruger P345 almost a year now. Not one single bobble. I'm at about 2500 rounds through it now. Qualified for CHL with it. Probably the most accurate handgun that I own. Call me nuts but the recoil seems to be only slightly more than 9mm. Carry it sometimes but recently bought a Taurus Millennium Pro PT 111. Lots smaller. I'll probably switch back and forth.
    "How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual... as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded, controlled, supervised, and taken care of." -- Rep. Suzanna Gratia Hupp (TX)

Ruger P345 is my main carry gun also have had my about a year no problems. Paid 365.00 for it at a gun show!

All of the posts I have read that stated where their first bullets went said they went to the right, mine did too. How many other P345 owners had their first shots go right?

Congratulations on the new Ruger. I haven't tried the 345 but have owned several of their other models and every one of them were built like tanks. It should serve you well for many years to come.
    Jack

Congrats on your purchase. I've owned mine for over a year now, and never had any problems !
    Desert Eagle .44 Magnum, Baby Eagle .45
    Glock 22
    H&K USP .45
    Ruger P89, 345PR
    Mossberg 590 special purpose
    Weatherby Vanguard .308
    Bushmaster M-4

Sponsored Links