Going today to pick up my brand new G23!

This is a discussion on Going today to pick up my brand new G23! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Today is the day! I am a little excited too. I have tried so hard for so long to not like Glocks. I had a ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Going today to pick up my brand new G23!

Today is the day! I am a little excited too.

I have tried so hard for so long to not like Glocks. I had a 17 many years ago that was not a good gun. I think I got one of the only lemons ever put out by Glock. Sold it to my cousin less than 6 months or so I think after I got it. He finally got it working well enough to be a range gun but then he sold it years later. I just never liked the grip, it felt like holding a 2X4 to me and the angle was not right but I just can't get past the whole reliability and toughness reputation. I have to give them another chance.

A couple of weeks ago I was at a local gun shop and decided to hold a 23, since I had never actually held one of the particular model. Wow, it actually fit my hand pretty well. Now, part of that may be the fact that I no longer have sausage links for fingers and my hands are skinnier but the trigger reach on this Glock seemed less of a reach to me. So I started dreaming of .40 cal magazines with 13 rounds in them and the reliability of a Glock.

My wife insists I buy a new gun as a reward for the hard work I have put in and continue to put in every night to loose the 110 pounds I have lost and I am not going to argue with her. (she's a hell of a lady guys. I got the best out there, loves guns, carries an XD-.40sc and loves me! I Know I am one lucky guy.) And today I am going to go pick up a brand new, Glock 23, a holster and a spare magazine carrier.

I will take some pics tonight and post them and I will of course post a range report after the first range trip which will probably be tomorrow, Saturday.

(And no....before anyone asks, I will not be changing my screen name again. I still love my Sigs. :) )

And please, this is about the gun, not the weight I have lost. So, no need to tell me congratulations on the weight loss. I appreciate it but, I didn't post this to get adulations for the weight loss.
    Last edited by TN_Mike; February 16th, 2007 at 10:40 AM. Reason: addition
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

VIP Member
    Congratulations! And good job!!!

VIP Member
    No need to tell ya congrats about the weight loss? No way man....you deserve the congrats 100-fold! CONGRATS!

...and enjoy the new Glock! (I see another username change in your future! )
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

LOL - I didn't even notice your name change. I did, however, notice there was a guy named Sig P239 and thought, "Hey! That's MY gun!"

I've been eying a Glock 23 as well, and have the same mindset you did due to a bad experience with a Glock 36 a few years back.

Congratulations on the purchase and I'll be checking back to see how she handles for ya.

Administrator
    Your wife sounds like a good lady... so this is a warning for her.

Ma'am, your husband has a whole new look, and is about to go pick up an Austrian girl. Don't panic though, she is ugly and it will take him some time to fall for her. You may want to take over this girl for yourself, just so your husband doesnt run off with her, leaving you with a family of Sigs to feed.
    Although she is ugly, she is a workhorse. She does everything well, making it easy to fall for a ugly girl.
    It also may help if you get a second Austrian girl, maybe a 27. This will take some of the pressure off him.
    Just my thoughts, good luck.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Sixto, nice play! Congrats member formerly known as PT-111.

Sig P239 - Good luck with your G23. I resisted buying a Glock for a long time as well. When looking for something with more bite than my Taurus PT111, I considered the G36 and G30, among others, but none of the others had the "feel" of a G23. I recently found a used one dating back to the first batch of Glock .40's, and my resistance was eliminated. While I am still getting used to it, it will become one of my principal carry guns as soon as I find the right holster.

Sixto- you have me laughing my rump off! That was a hoot.

Sig239 I think that was way cool of your wife. Great job on the weight too! I've shot most handguns in most calibers and love Glocks. Hey, like you- it's light weight too.

Senior Member Array incredipete's Avatar
    You'll never regret buying a Glock. I was trepidatious about my first Glock purchase, but it's been nothing short of perfect right out of the box. I carry mine every day.
    Gun Control means never having to say "I missed you."

- Glock 27 (.40)
    - Kel-Tec p3at (.380)
    - Beretta 96FS (.40)
    - Smith & Wesson 5906 (9mm)

Congrats on the new Glock!
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything
    Wyatt Earp

NRA Member

Psssssssst...........after you get your G23, then go get a G27, after that go out and get a G29...hehehe
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

The 23 is a fantastic weapon.... nice size, excellent caliber, excellent capacity... congratulations.
    Be Observant and Be Safe.

Current: S&W 442, Springfield XD9sc, XDm9, and Glock G26, G19, G23C,
    and SIG P226-40 TT, and Ruger GP-100, and Beretta 92FS
    Former: Taurus 92SS, SIG P220 TT, S&W 360, SIG P239-40, Ruger 22/45 MKII

Welcome to the Darkside with your NEW Glock 23. I love mine.

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Your wife sounds like a good lady... so this is a warning for her.

Ma'am, your husband has a whole new look, and is about to go pick up an Austrian girl. Don't panic though, she is ugly and it will take him some time to fall for her. You may want to take over this girl for yourself, just so your husband doesnt run off with her, leaving you with a family of Sigs to feed.
    Although she is ugly, she is a workhorse. She does everything well, making it easy to fall for a ugly girl.
    It also may help if you get a second Austrian girl, maybe a 27. This will take some of the pressure off him.
    Just my thoughts, good luck.

Very creative story and VERY funny.

Sig 239 Congrats on the G23, you'll love it.

When I joined this forum my primary off-duty was a G27 hence the name NY27. If I changed my name evertime I carried a new weapon, nobody would know who I am.

I still carry my G27 and 23 an 30 and 19(sometimes) and my S&W340PD and my 640 and my Ruger when hunting...BLAH BLAH BLAH.

You get the idea PT-111 AKA Sig239, keep your name and keep buying new guns
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

Distinguished Member Array lowflyer's Avatar
    Good job on the weight loss!

Oh yeah, congrats on the new Glock.
    Whatever doesn't kill you postpones the inevitable.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links