Thanks for the help everyone, took her to the range, small issue though

This is a discussion on Thanks for the help everyone, took her to the range, small issue though within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; with my 1911, i have had no real problems with her, but my SA seemed to not want to feed the first round entirely, releasing ...

Thread: Thanks for the help everyone, took her to the range, small issue though

Smile Thanks for the help everyone, took her to the range, small issue though

with my 1911, i have had no real problems with her, but my SA seemed to not want to feed the first round entirely, releasing the slide release it would hesitate into completley going into battery im assuming it is the problem with the feed ramp needing to be poilshed, but when i racked the slide it would chamber the round just fine,on another note, i have been carrying it in a don hume stongside owb leather holster, with matching weak side double mag holder , i like the set up but my wifes jack russell terrier,bless his heart, did not like it as much a lil chewed but functional, and i seemed to be pulling the rounds left and a little high any suggestions, and to all those who thanked me for my service, it's no problem, you are graciously welcome, it's my job, i do this so my children eventually wont have to( unlesss they want to), thanks to all god bless , hooah
    Last edited by datruthab123; February 17th, 2007 at 05:24 PM. Reason: mispelling

2. Remove Ads

What type of ammo were you feeding to it? My SA GI likes some hollowpoints better than others, although it feeds all the FMJ I have tried. Also if it is new sometimes firearms need a break in period of a couple hundred rounds before they run like they should.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

my ammo was wwb hollowpoint and practice ammo

my ammo was wwb hollowpoint and practice ammo ?

by practice ammo, do you mean WWB 230 FMJ's? And if so, did the weapon have problems feeding both types, or just the HP?
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

7 round or 8 round mags

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    Yes it is a feed ramp issue , but if i might suggest a course of action . Give it a full 500 rounds to " break inn " and seat all the parts . Anything with moveing parts will not be perfict as it is made , moving parts need to function togeathr to seat inn . Work the pistol for roughly 1500 slide movements ( some of this will be dry fire at home , some full feed at the range ) or roughly with most pistol users 500 rounds of fireing . then look at if it still mis feeds ect.. If so its fairly simple to fix a 1911 , but i suspect from there on it will run .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Smile ok so it seems just run her a lil more ok yes it is wwb 230 fmj

ok ,so it seems just run her a lil more ok, yes it is wwb 230 fmj and both were doing it. thanks god bless

Distinguished Member Array AnimalKracker's Avatar
    Just a suggestion, pulling the rounds left, you might be gripping really hard and getting your finger way in there and pushing the pistol to the left as you fire. As far as shooting high or low it sounds as if you might be anticipating the recoil just a little. Just relax bring the target in just a little closer and practice 20 rounds putting them right on target. Then move it back a little at a time. And don't even think about pulling the trigger just look at the target and watch the hole appear. I'm sure there are others that will chim in with good and better pointers. I'm just guessing that you have shot mostly 9mm in the 92.

could easily be a magazine problem. break it in loading 5-6 rounds per mag, once its broken in (500-1000 rds) then you'll be able to find out more.

hard on the sights, easy on the trigger.

Lead Moderator
    My SA loaded had trouble feeding HP's when new. Once I got 200 rnds, no more hang ups. Mags do make a difference, too.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

it sounds to me that you need to shoot her, break her in. i would break her in with ball ammo. shoot 300 to five hundred rounds. then take her home and clean her up, then polish the feed ramp, hood, and the inside of the chamber area of the barrel. polish it up real good, it want hurt and makes a good feeding gun. then go back to the range and shoot different types of ammo. your gun will tell you what it likes. if you are still having problems then i would check my mags. some times the mags can be the problem will the gun feeding. use factory ammo during break in, later on you can use reloads. it is a bullet seat thing.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

Links