XD SC or MP C??

This is a discussion on XD SC or MP C?? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; OK well i just found out that i might be coming upon a little bit of "extra" money that i can use to play around ...

Thread: XD SC or MP C??

Senior Member Array rangerman2003's Avatar

XD SC or MP C??

OK well i just found out that i might be coming upon a little bit of "extra" money that i can use to play around with... so i figured what the heck its time to do something for me.

Ok well i have been thinking about getting another pistol, this time in a compact version. i carry a HK USPC and it does awesome but i want something a little smaller for summer months..

XD wise - probably be a 9MM with night sights and all that good stuff... I already have a 4" service model in .40 but think i wanna try the 9 unless you all can convince me otherwise

MP wise - i was thinking about the 357 compact if its out yet, if not maybe the 9 ... anyone have any words pro or con on the 357 compact... if not a good pistol i would go with the compact 9 version also...

And as always if you think of another pistol i can get locally for under 5 - 600 let me know.. just one thing NO GLOCKS!~!~!~
    Last edited by rangerman2003; February 18th, 2007 at 10:05 AM.

2. Remove Ads

I vote for another XD. I have 3 already and will probably end up with another eventually. It's such a sweet line of pistols!

The XD SC or MP C? Good question. I can't say much for the MP C except that I am interested and would mind giving it a try. I am a bit reserved in that the MP C is new and has very little track record if any. I have an XD9SC and love it immensely and share PackerfanXD's vote for another XD. You are already accustomed and familiar with the XD platform, so why not get another?

XD9sc for sure!

There is a 4 way comparison review in the latest issue of Handguns magazine between a HK P2000, XD, Glock 17 and S&W M&P all in 9mm.
    It's billed as a LEO gun comparison.
    The M&P came first with XD second.
    Obviously this wasn't compact models but it is an interesting read for anyone inclined, as I am, to look closer at the M&P.

handled one

I had one i my hand the other day. M&P40C. Nice gun. gritty trigger though. It would probably clean up after a couple of hundred rounds through it.

I do own a XD40SC and a XD45C. I like the grip safety on the XD guns better. I did like the way it felt in my hand. But I would go with the XD first.

steve

Im prejudiced twords the XD-9Sc, Cause I own one.
    quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

I've owned the XD subcompact. Silly grip length on those things. It's longer than a baby Glock, and thus a little harder to conceal, yet not as long as a Glock compact (19, 23, etc), so you can't get a really good grip on it. Plus, the full size mag with a spacer makes the grip a bit too long for a compact.

Add the fact that they are not the most well-balanced pistol (too top heavy), and parts availability could be questionable in the future (made in Croatia), and I think the M&P is a better bet.

Of course, I do own and love an M&P Compact 9, so I may just be a bit biased. It has the same short easily concealed grip of a baby Glock, but holds 12 rounds of 9mm in a well-made steel magazine, instead of 10 like the XD and Glock. You can get them with a magazine disconnect or without, and it's got the ever-present tac rail on it, for attaching your light, laser or grenade launcher. The pistol also comes with another mag that has a grip extender on it for your pinky. Full size M&P mags will work also, giving you 18 rounds of 9mm firepower if you so desire.

A few police departments are switching over to M&P's from Glocks after testing thousands of rounds in them. Another advantage of M&P is the interchangeable palmswell inserts. It comes with 3 different sizes, to fit your hand just right. Smith & Wesson service is outstanding, and they are once again an American company.

Make mine an M&P.
    Slow is smooth.....smooth is fast.

If it were me, I'd have to pick the M&P, just feels better in my hand then the XD does.
    I'd also go with either the .357sig or .40S&W over the 9mm (just a personal preference)

Quote Originally Posted by Metro 40 View Post
    A few police departments are switching over to M&P's from Glocks after testing thousands of rounds in them. Another advantage of M&P is the interchangeable palmswell inserts. It comes with 3 different sizes, to fit your hand just right.
    Actually the main reason for the switch over is the interchangeable backstraps, eaiser to fit the gun to more officers.

Links