Sig Pro 2022?

This is a discussion on Sig Pro 2022? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; As some of you remember I was trying to figure whether to get the misses a Sig (what she REALLY wants) for her first carry ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Sig Pro 2022?

Sig Pro 2022?

As some of you remember I was trying to figure whether to get the misses a Sig (what she REALLY wants) for her first carry gun or something more affordable, then I stumbled upon the 2022. They seem like a scaled back polymer framed 226. Sounds like a lot of gun for under $450 new or much less used. Her birthday is on April 3rd so I want to make sure I can get one on time if I decide to go for it. Anyone have one?

Have one. Great gun for the money.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

I have the .40 cal version and love it. It's a good quality and accurate gun.
    Kennydale likes this.
    "ALWAYS EXPECT THE UNEXPECTED!"

VIP Member
    I scored a two year old 9mm 2022 at Cableas over the weekend. The story from the guy at the counter was that the original owner bought it, shot a couple of mags through it, cleaned it, and put it in the box. Sold it to them the day before. The condition of the gun matched the story, this thing looks nearly unfired. Definately hasn't been carried. Nice bright Siglite night sights. With their used gun promo I got it for $329. Really like the feel of the gun, haven't gotten to the range with it yet. Size wise it is between a 226 and 229, both of which I already have.

They can be found online for $400 and up new. Locally they start at $450 without the night sights.
    Kennydale likes this.
    I'm not saying we should kill all the stupid people. I'm saying remove all the warning labels and let the problem sort itself out.

How do the grips feel in size comparatively?

She doesn't like how short the 290 and 250 feels in her hand, her pinky extends past the mag well and she doesn't like the idea of extensions, however she really loves the feel on the 226. Also, she likes how far back the slide stop is (she can thumb it easily compared to any other HG) as well as the ease of manipulation of the slide itself.

VIP Member
    The 2022 grip feels slightly more narrow than my 229 or 226. Not quite as thin as the Subcompact P250, which I have also had. The 2022 offers a full 3 finger grip, even without the extension on the mags as they come from the factory.
    oneshot likes this.
    I'm not saying we should kill all the stupid people. I'm saying remove all the warning labels and let the problem sort itself out.

Sweet. Do you notice and differences in quality vs a "real" Sig? I can't wait to get my...er her paws on one
    zerosoma likes this.

VIP Member
    Fit and finish are typical Sig. The controls are slightly different, but not enough to tell really. Takedown is different, but again not a bad thing, just different. I haven't shot it yet, but I'll be getting it to the range this weekend.

By all accounts they are great guns, a good way to start your Sig addiction.
    pecanshooter223 likes this.

VIP Member
    I have a 2340 in .357 SIG and its a big firearm.

She is ok with how large it is to hold and carry?
    If so, then go ahead and get one.
    I was looking for one, then I happened on the 2340.

I do not shoot it as accurately as my M&Pc .357 SIG, but it could just be me.
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

VIP Member
    Just part of my Sig family.

Top to bottom:

P226 Two Tone Custom in .40
    P229 Extreme in 9mm
    SP2022 in 9mm

The 226 is my EDC, along with my P938 SAS not pictured.

Yes, it is an addiction.
    oneshot likes this.

Senior Member Array StripesDude's Avatar
    I have one, and not to sound sexist, but that's a big gun for a female concealed carrier. I'm a big dude, and its a big gun for me to carry. I only carry it OWB in the winter when clothing permits. It's my nightstand gun.

By the way, it has been flawless, which I can't say for any other gun except for my HKP30.
    Brad426 likes this.
    My EDC: Springfield XDS
    My sometimes EDC: Colt XSE LW or G26

I had one in 40 S&W a few years back and it was a very good pistol. A little bulky and it felt a little odd compared to the P series pistols. Solid gun for the money.
    Brad426 likes this.
    "Never stand and take a charge...charge them too."

--- General Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA

Quote Originally Posted by Tundra5.7 View Post
    I had one in 40 S&W a few years back and it was a very good pistol. A little bulky and it felt a little odd compared to the P series pistols. Solid gun for the money.
    Yes, +1 on being a little bulky. Not the easiest gun to conceal.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Quote Originally Posted by StripesDude View Post
    I have one, and not to sound sexist, but that's a big gun for a female concealed carrier. I'm a big dude, and its a big gun for me to carry. I only carry it OWB in the winter when clothing permits. It's my nightstand gun.

By the way, it has been flawless, which I can't say for any other gun except for my HKP30.
    I've said the same to her...she's a buck-nothing and 5'5-5'6-ish. BUT, she doesn't want the kick from a small frame nor does she want the small grip., she HATES having her hand extend past a grip ans doesnt like extensions. She wants something she can hold comfortably and confidently and the large Sigs are the only HG's she feels that way about. I personally would like to put her in a P250 or an M&P shield to start out but she likes what she likes I'm just trying to figure an affordable solution. On the other hand, she does carry a CC purse but I personally don't like the idea of her piece being that far away, but she wears tight clothing especially in the summer...I'm hoping to get her into a P2022 then after she realises these points are legitimate from actually carrying move her to an LC9 M&P or a G26 w/ an extended slide stop.
    StripesDude likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links