The Three Deadliest Gunfighting Pistols of All Time (acording to Gun Digest)

This is a discussion on The Three Deadliest Gunfighting Pistols of All Time (acording to Gun Digest) within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The three greatest gunfighting pistols of all time, based on the number of kills and casualties made with them,... http://www.gundigest.com/gun-collect...g-pistols-time I doubt I would have ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree157Likes

Thread: The Three Deadliest Gunfighting Pistols of All Time (acording to Gun Digest)

VIP Member
    St. Louis, MO "The Most Dangerous City in America"

The Three Deadliest Gunfighting Pistols of All Time (acording to Gun Digest)

The three greatest gunfighting pistols of all time, based on the number of kills and casualties made with them,...

http://www.gundigest.com/gun-collect...g-pistols-time

I doubt I would have put the Luger first, but after reading the article I wouldn't dispute it.
    “Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." C.S. Lewis

I have two out of three. The Lugers I have played with were very finicky with ammo other than mild ball ammo. I was never a fan of them or the calibers.
    I carry a gun, because a Cop is too heavy.

Second Amendment: The difference between politicians and rulers.

U.S. Army, Retired
    NRA Benefactor Life Member

Patton carried a Colt SAA all the way through WWII. Frank Hamer carried one for most of his career. The 1911A1 is still a great gun and I would have preferred it over the M-9s used during Desert Storm.

When I deployed to Desert Storm the AF didn't have enough handguns for us, so we were allowed to buy one downtown with our own money and carry it on duty. Unfortunately, the caveat was that it had to be a 9mm because we could only use issue ammo and that's what was available.
    gatorbait51 and MMinSC like this.

VIP Member
    All the guns make sense. I would suspect the average combat distance of the luger was somewhere between 2 and 3 inches. The nazis used them to shoot many in the back of the head.
    Don't let facts cloud your judgement
    NRA Member
    MMXVI-GSUFHC

I would debate the Luger being the "bestest pointing pistol EVAR!" - that HAS to be widly subjective. Otherwise, that's some fascinating info.
    Beans, Bullets, and Bandages. The only thing better than being ready is not having to use it!

"First comes smiles. Then comes lies. Last is Gunfire."

JMB
    Certainly an entertaining read...the only thing is where did he get his information? I didn't see any references given.

I have to agree with the article. A very good read and a real boost to get a 1911.
    gatorbait51 and Aceoky like this.

VIP Member
    I thought the .45 Colt was designed to stop Mongo.

Lugers point like the Ruger series Mark 22 lr pistols.If they do point like the Ruger they are number one.I always shot the Ruger mark seris better then most other pistols I owned through the years.
    Rhinoman and gatorbait51 like this.

What about the p38 and browning high power? Would have thought they would be up there higher....
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Senior Member Array WebleyHunter's Avatar
    The premise of the article is interesting, but it is very hard to define an unbiased evaluation method across such a wide time span. How about the .38 M&P or Official Police?

This is the FIRST time that I have heard of the Luger being the ideal pistol for trench conditions. From what I have seen from my brother's Luger, dirt and sand are very much the enemy. Yes- the Triple Lock was a bit fancy for the trenches, but nobody complained about the Webley.
    Rhinoman and gatorbait51 like this.

I have two of the three. And I can say that 1911 > Luger.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it."

Agent K

Quote Originally Posted by Stetson View Post
    Lugers point like the Ruger series Mark 22 lr pistols.If they do point like the Ruger they are number one.I always shot the Ruger mark seris better then most other pistols I owned through the years.
    I agree. The MK III is my favorite target pistol. For some reason I shoot it much better than I do a MK II.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

VIP Member
    St. Louis, MO "The Most Dangerous City in America"
    Anyone planning on using a pistol for gunfighting should confine his search to these three.
    That's a mighty bold final statement from Jerry Lee.
    gatorbait51 and Rhinoman like this.
    “Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." C.S. Lewis

mkh
    That was a great read. I would have liked to see some numbers though.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links