M&P40c is an awesome pistol

This is a discussion on M&P40c is an awesome pistol within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well, I got to shoot my new M&P40 compact pistol that I picked up last week. Great looking pistol and fits my hand very well ...

Thread: M&P40c is an awesome pistol

Cool M&P40c is an awesome pistol

Well, I got to shoot my new M&P40 compact pistol that I picked up last week. Great looking pistol and fits my hand very well (with the default medium sized back-strap grip on (haven't tried it with the small or large back-strap on)). It is very accurate (surprised me how well I was shooting with it from the first shot) with the Novak type of stock sights on it (just wish they were steel night sights of the same type). I'm used to Meps, but I like these stock sights a lot. A little kick, since it is a .40, but not as much as my G27 (I would say closer to the recoil on a G23). It didn't take too much for me to adjust to it at all. I shot about 100 rounds of WWB FMJ and about 25 rounds of 165gr GDs and had only one failure-to-feed (nose dive into the chamber feed ramp, which a nice tap under the mag made it chamber the rest of the way. It was during the second mag through, so I chalk it up as breaking it in). I highly recommend this pistol. I like the mag with the finger rest floor plate the best. I also found that it will fit perfectly into my G30 IWB Kydex holster, if I tighten down the holster's retention screw a little bit more than I use for my G30 and G29. I know a guy that makes the perfect IWB Kydex holsters for Glocks, so I will be giving him a call pretty soon here. I take my hat off to S&W for making a very nice pistol.

2. Remove Ads

Cool! It is a very nice looking gun. And I too like the grip.

My next purchase will be a G27 but the M&P compact .40 is something I wouldn't mind having either.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Pic from S&W website

Somebody has to post the S&W picture of this good looking gun:

I like the 40c and will have to pick one up sometime. Congrats on the new gun.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

$449 at Bud's Gun Shop's website.

Haven't seen one locally to compare prices yet but I guess it's about $50 less at Bud's.

I'm not much for compacts (can't stand them, in fact), but I do like the M&P. I'm glad you like yours.

I wouldn't worry too much about the FTF. The mag springs were very stiff on my M&P. I had trouble loading the 15th round on both factory mags the first couple of range trips. Later, when I bought a third factory mag, the springs were even stiffer. I had a couple FTF's before the springs got "broken in". You'll just have to "suffer" through a few more trips to the range to get them ready to go!

Seriously, the M&P is a great platform and if you like compacts (which you obviously do) you've made a great choice. Good shooting!
    "To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." Ted Nugent

SIC VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM.

Senior Member Array MilitaryPower's Avatar
    I have the fullsize and love it.
    Gun control can be blamed in part for allowing 9/11 to happen.
    "Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum" (Latin)- "If you want peace, prepare for war".

Thanks for all the congrats. Yep, I really like this new pistol. I paid about $525, plus tax, but I look at it this way, I paid a lot more for my H&K and Sig, so I don't feel as bad.

Links