GLOCK sells handguns to IRAN

This is a discussion on GLOCK sells handguns to IRAN within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; http://www.packing.org/community/general/listview/21021 GLOCK sells handguns to IRAN...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: GLOCK sells handguns to IRAN

Quite interesting reading through their responses and into the other link on that site.

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Let Iran make their own guns if they are so smart. Or would that take away from their nuclear program?

Iran and Austria may not be chomping for a fight, but Mr. Bush HAS identified them as part of the Axis of Evil, and HAS said that you are either with us or against us, both statements that I happen to agree with. What was old Gaston thinking? Piss off all his customers in the US? Lets see how long it takes for Hadji to start turning up with a Glock in Afghanistan and Iraq. Maybe we could start seeding the insurgents with hot ammo, since some Glocks have a bad habit of KaBoom.

After a long absence, I was considering rearming myself with a Glock. Not anymore.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Just another reason to get an XD.

Who cares who an International company sells to? They are trying to turn a profit like every other country. Glock isn't beholden to our politics and shouldn't be.
    ...He suggested that "every American citizen" should own a rifle and train with it on firing ranges "at every courthouse." -Chesty Puller

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SammyIamToday View Post
    Who cares who an International company sells to? They are trying to turn a profit like every other country. Glock isn't beholden to our politics and shouldn't be.
    I agree that they shouldn't be held to our politics. I do think, however, that everyone and every company should be held to certain ethical standards. Selling firearms to countries whose political stance is to kill everyone that doesn't agree with their religious beliefs (that would include Austrians) should be a no-brainer.

Of course not knowing the politics of Austria, it may not be Glock's choice to do the sale. I don't know how their government runs.
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CopperKnight View Post
    I agree that they shouldn't be held to our politics. I do think, however, that everyone and every company should be held to certain ethical standards. Selling firearms to countries whose political stance is to kill everyone that doesn't agree with their religious beliefs (that would include Austrians) should be a no-brainer.

Of course not knowing the politics of Austria, it may not be Glock's choice to do the sale. I don't know how their government runs.
    Excellent post!

I'm a HUGE Steyr fan....owner a number of M and S-series pistols. I don't like what Steyr did (heck, as a military member subject to deployments, I could be shot at with an HS50 wielded by a insurgent/terrorist) but as CK stated above, Austria is free to trade with whomever. Should they observe an ethical standard? It would nice that they do....but God knows, we've sold stuff to "winners" ourselves and have faced those same weapons when the "friendship" fell apart.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Not really of any consequence, sanctions only actually achieve anything when everyone plays by the rules.

Vice President Cheney's old firm Halliburton has an office in the Iranian capital, Tehran. A company spokeswoman told CNN that the subsidiary, Halliburton products and services, helps build drilling rigs in Iran's southern oil field.

Halliburton's main competitors in the oil field industry, Baker Hughes and Smith International, have foreign operations in Iran too.

There's also a Swiss-owned Caterpillar dealership in Tehran and General Electric's Canadian Unit is working on a huge hydroelectric project there.
    LINK

Quote Originally Posted by CopperKnight View Post

The people to hold a company to ethical standards are it's market base. If you or anyone doesn't like how Glock does business, don't buy a Glock.

Don't get me wrong, I think Iran is a human rights violating craphole of a country, but I could care less if Glock wants to sell them something. They still have to pay for it.
    ...He suggested that "every American citizen" should own a rifle and train with it on firing ranges "at every courthouse." -Chesty Puller

Even Colt is free to sell their arms to foreign nations, and that includes Iran, and I would not fault them for doing so. I would never buy a another firearm from them, but they are free to do so.

If this pops your pea whistle, then let Glock know by not buying another Glock, and e-mail and snail mail your greivances with them to them. You can also let others know what Glock has done.

Glock has fallen victim to its own success and capitalism. They are out to make a buck just like any other company out there. What seem like bad judgement to us means money to them. As a business owner it is Gastons' perogative to sell his goods to whomever he chooses. Iran is not aggressive towards Austria (at the moment).

We (the Federal gov't) have given arms to other countries in the past. Iraq and Afganistan are just two. We armed Saddams armies to defend against Iran, and we gave guns to al-Quieda and binLaden to fight off the Russians. Now those very weapons are being used to kill the people that gave them the arms in the first place.

This is simply a matter of the dog biting the hand that feeds him. One day Glock may regret ever selling handguns to Iran.

It's all about money. Sometimes a company will sell its soul for a few more dollars. I bet some of these guns will end in the hands of the Talaban.

Iran's army with 30K Glocks versus our Army with millions of M9's? Got $20 says Iran can be a parking lot for a WalMart-Middle East if we want it to be. I am not scared at all. I have faith in our troops.

Another thing. I am pretty sure a frickin' handgun isn't going to decide the outcome of a war or conflict between warring nations. Good grief.
    07/02 FFL/SOT since 2006

Hell I face Glocks Colts, S&W's,XD's, Taurus every day at work.
    Or the chance of facing them.
    Its just free enterprise, don't sweat it.
    "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."
    - Sir Winston Churchill

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    Frankly i dont care . In fact i dont care if someone sells them star treck phasers . Our boys will allways out shoot , out move , and out communicate them . Every penny they spend on equipment right now they are not spending on adiquate training ... hell since you cannot " equip " your way out of a firefight , we should sell to them .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

whw
    If you decided to boycott every product sold to a member of the evil empire--- well, let's just say your bank account would be much larger than it is today. There wouldn't be much to spend it on.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links