HK 357 sig

HK 357 sig

This is a discussion on HK 357 sig within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have been wanting a 357 sig single action hammered fired pistol with a thumb safety. I just figured out that HK makes usp compact ...

Like Tree9Likes
  • 5 Post By subhuman
  • 2 Post By JD
  • 2 Post By JD

Thread: HK 357 sig

HK 357 sig

I have been wanting a 357 sig single action hammered fired pistol with a thumb safety.

I just figured out that HK makes usp compact in 357 sig by special order.

Any one have any experience with these in 357 or 40?

JD
    Administrator
    Do it. But if you really want to run it SAO you'll want to get the Variant 5/6 detent plate to remove the decocker function or just go light LEM sans safety.

When I started with HK I was all about running them C&L but fast forward a couple years and I'm changing all mine to light LEM.

Light LEM is pretty sweet. Not nearly so nice as, say, the SA mode on the DA/SA, but getting close. H&K's doing it right. Have been impressed with every one I've toyed around with.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: Why the Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I own both a USP-c and P2000 in .357sig. Great guns. I'll second the recommendation on the light LEM. Once I tried it and got used to it, I never looked back.

Also remember that the only real difference between the 40s&w and the 357sig models is a barrel change. I shoot mine in 40 at the range since it's cheaper, easier to find, and easier to press my own, then switch the barrel back and carry in 357

Distinguished Member Array subhuman's Avatar
    H&K builds some sweet pistols but just so you know Sig builds this in .357 Sig

If it needs to be done, do it.
    Diligentia,Vis,Celeritas

I really like that subhuman

I would go with the Sig. My brother has a H&K usp compact in .40 it's a nice gun, but he doesn't shoot it any more once he bought 1911's

I'd go with a Variant 1 USP......DA/SA and it can be carried in the Condition 1 mode.......PLUS..you can find a 40 S&W barrel and drop it into the gun without any mods to it.... Just my .02
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Jk1911 View Post
    I would go with the Sig. My brother has a H&K usp compact in .40 it's a nice gun, but he doesn't shoot it any more once he bought 1911's
    I had a stack of 1911s that got shelved and then sold when I got into HK.

Now I have a stack of HKs.

YMMV

JD
    Administrator
    ...Ok I still have a stack of 1911s but they are out numbered by HKs almost 2:1

VIP Member
    HK's comprise about 60% of my total gun collection. To the OP, you're going to have a very tough time finding an HK that's got .357 Sig rollmarked on the slide. HK will make more if an agency orders a few thousand of them but they're not making any for the civilian market right now (IIRC the Sig hung on the longest in the P2000sk). Luckily they do offer a factory .357 Sig conversion barrel to drop right in in place of a .40 S&W barrel. They only make them for the USPc, P2000 and P2000sk. Years ago they tried to do a .357 Sig USP but they could never get the rounds to feed right from the all-plastic USP mags. All the other HK pistols have steel mags, though. You don't need to change mags, the .40 and .357 Sig mags are the same except for the markings.

I would dearly love a VP357, P30 and P30L in .357 Sig!
    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.” - Naguib Mahfouz

Distinguished Member
    Im a fan of the 357 sig round. Sold my 229 but kept all the ammo hoping to find another pistol.

An HK P2000 in .40 is on my short list to buy along with ordering a drop-in .357sig barrel from H&K. HK rep told me a .357 barrel is around $187.

How would an HK P2000 in .357sig compare to a Glock 32? They have almost the same overall length and height although the G32 has a slightly longer barrel (4.02 vs 3.66).

I just sold my P2000 in .357 Sig. I had several HKs...every one was accurate and 100% reliable. The .357 is fantastic and since I am all Glock now (mainly, I wanted to have one carry trigger) I am thinking of getting a Glock 32...my new favorite .357 Sig. I think the .357 is so much fun to shoot. The Glock 32 and P2000 are very similar in size. I wish I still had it so I could post some comparison pics and measurements but for all practical carry purposes, they are similar.

Quote Originally Posted by Chandne View Post
    I just sold my P2000 in .357 Sig. I had several HKs...every one was accurate and 100% reliable. The .357 is fantastic and since I am all Glock now (mainly, I wanted to have one carry trigger) I am thinking of getting a Glock 32...my new favorite .357 Sig. I think the .357 is so much fun to shoot. The Glock 32 and P2000 are very similar in size. I wish I still had it so I could post some comparison pics and measurements but for all practical carry purposes, they are similar.
    Thanks. I've shot Glocks and I do like the reset on their triggers. I have no experience with HK triggers. One feature that really appeals to me on the HK is the ambi-slide and mag release (I'm a lefty).

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links