Glock 36... decisions, decisions, decisions

This is a discussion on Glock 36... decisions, decisions, decisions within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hey all you model 36 owners, operators, and shooters ! I am still pushing myself toward a new 36, but I just need more help. ...

Thread: Glock 36... decisions, decisions, decisions

Glock 36... decisions, decisions, decisions

Hey all you model 36 owners, operators, and shooters ! I am still pushing myself toward a new 36, but I just need more help. Talk to me about your piece. How it handles, shoots, and carries (I'm talkin' ' bout yer gun ! Hehehe ! )
    " Refuse to be a victim, make sure there is a round chambered ! "

Just call me a pessimistic optimist !

U.S. Navy vet 1981-1992

2. Remove Ads

I love my 36, 1200 rnds plus another 200 rnds of carry ammo and it's been 100%. For carry ammo I have used corbon dpx 185+p, gold dots 200+p, and federal hst 230+p (current load).

I bought my 36 about 5ys ago, used. The former owner had installed +1 mag extensions on the magazines. The pistol would on occasion, have magazine related malfunctions. I removed the +1s and all the problems went away. The pistol functions with any and all ammo I've tried since. I shot IDPA with it for awhile, not very competive due to capacity, but still quite respectable performance. I carry it in complete confidence, and shoot it almost as well as my 21. It is the most carryable of the Glocks. Mine shares time with my Kimber Ultra Carry. I would reccomend the 36 to anyone wanting .45 punch in a small package.
    str1

I loved the Glock 36 concept, but didn't like MY particular specimen of a Glock 36.

I finally sold it due to not being able to get it to run jam free. I tried replacing the magazines, new recoil spring, and everything else a competant Glock armorer could think of.

Now I'm waiting on a S&W Model 22 to be returned from S&W to me. In the meantime I carry a Glock 19.

Biker

I had a model 36 and I really tried to like it but couldn't. I sold it and bought a Springfield Micro Compact Bi-tone instead and really love that gun and its good looking too. Steve48

For those with G36 problems, you may want to read this thread:

http://www.stoppingpower.net/forum/t...TOPIC_ID=11156

I don't know if the problem has been corrected, but there does/did appear to be a "known problem" with this model. ISTR that it would only crop up after 500 rds or so.

Senior Member Array cockedlocked01's Avatar
    I love my G-36, I can shoot it better than my old G-21 & 26, & pretty much all the othe Glocks I've tried except the G-35 (But that has a lighter trigger & longer barrel).

I had some FTF's, but it was attributed to cheap ammo my Dept. was trying to get rid (Unfortunately through our guns on free range day-every Friday).

My only problem with it is I keep seeing smaller .45's that carry the same or more & I think how nice it would be to appendix carry a .45 instead of my Kahr PM9 or G-26.

If one prefers carrying OWB or IWB at 3:00-5:00 or so (Change to respective positions for LH), it's a GREAT gun.
    "Use human means as though divine ones didn't exist, and divine means as though there were no human ones." Baltasar Gracian
    Integrated Close Combat
    NRA Member
    Glock 19 & 26, Kahr CM9 & P45, Para P12, Kel-Tec P-32, S&W 442, & Dan Wesson 14-2.

FJC
    Mine has been flawless, though I'm convinced there are bad ones out there...

whw
    This is the only Glock that I consider to be a crap shoot. As this thread describes, some are good and some aren't so good. I had one that fit into the not so good category.
    The concept of the 36 is great. The execution is where the piece lacks. You might want to search glocktalk to get some specific feedback.

whw

Quote Originally Posted by whw View Post
    This is the only Glock that I consider to be a crap shoot. As this thread describes, some are good and some aren't so good. I had one that fit into the not so good category.
    The concept of the 36 is great. The execution is where the piece lacks. You might want to search glocktalk to get some specific feedback.

whw
    Exactly what I was thinking, great in theory but too many folks seem to be having problems for me to consider the gamble. I'd stick with the G30 if I wanted a .45 Glock.
    Jack

Administrator
    Mine is great. Jam Free No "Failure To" at all.

I have a LaserMax installed in mine. It's a nice tight, reliable defensive package.

I had one for a couple of years. Really tried to like it. Finally traded it off. It functioned perfectly, I just couldn't get the grip to feel right and it would pinch my hand with every shot. I didn't try the Pierce grip extension which some have found to help.
    P.E.T.A = People eating tasty animals

There is room for all of God's creatures. Right next to the mashed potatoes.

i got a g36 many mango seasons ago to carry on the job. then they changed what we could carry. but i kept my g36. never had any problems with the gun. at this time it must have over 5k rounds thru it. never once has it gave me a problem, 100% OUT OF THE BOX. it is a great small 45acp. a gun that you will carry each day. i would buy one!!!!!
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

Glock 36...

I love mine...know several others with the G36...

Not aware of any problems...love mine...

Stay armed...stay safe!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Links