Price Check: G26

This is a discussion on Price Check: G26 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've been shopping for something a little more concealable than my full size Witness 9mm. My short list consists of the CZ 2075, Springfield XD9 ...

I've been shopping for something a little more concealable than my full size Witness 9mm. My short list consists of the CZ 2075, Springfield XD9 subcompact, a Glock 26, and the KelTec P11.

The KelTec is probably out because of what I've been reading about trigger pull. I did get a chance to dry fire one and didn't much care for it.

Anyways, in a local classified a guy has a G26 with three mags, all with extensions, night sights, and a Galco IWB holster. Two years old with approx. 200 rounds fired through it. Asking price is $525 for all.

Is that good? A little high? About right? Don't know the condition. Let's assume it's in excellent shape and hasn't been abused.

I'm looking for my tax return... heh... any day now. I'm actually hoping to find an XD9sc sitting in one of the local gunstores but I'd consider the Glock if it's not sold by time the return shows up.

Any opinions price-wise would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

that was a little high on price...........with night sights...........practically unfired, should reside around 425.00 to 475.00.........with 425.00 -450.00 being the more realistic price..on a gun with all the stuff
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Administrator
    Thats not a bad price, but its no screaming deal. New plain G26's sell here for 490, and about 75 for night sights, an extra mag is about 15. The extensions are about $10-12 for all three mags, I dont know what the holster is worth.
    I guess it would depend on the condition of the gun, thats about what I would expect to see in a gunshop.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Thanks. Yeah, I thought it might be a little steep. He might actually get it, though. Around here in West KY it seems like they're all a little pricier than average. Plenty of guns stores so you'd think there'd be a little more competitive pricing. Meh.

I accompanied the missus and daughter to Lexington about a month ago for a homeschool conference. While there I just had to drop in and visit Buds. I sure wish the timing would have been better on the trip... meaning after tax return.

Funny thing, my daughter was with me as we were out bumming around while the missus was at the conference. As I was admiring a CZ 2075 the guy behind the counter leans in and offers me a pretty good price. I leaned in and said in a low voice, "My wife would kill me," at the exact same time I heard my daughter mutter behind me, "Mom would kill you."

Added: Sixto, thanks. That's about what plain new ones are selling for here, too. I was wondering about the "used factor" though... and who knows what the guy has been shooting through it.
    Last edited by Manzanita; February 20th, 2007 at 11:17 AM. Reason: Added last paragraph

Senior Member Array incredipete's Avatar
    I picked up my G27 setup (same as what he's selling) brand new for 525.
    Gun Control means never having to say "I missed you."

- Glock 27 (.40)
    - Kel-Tec p3at (.380)
    - Beretta 96FS (.40)
    - Smith & Wesson 5906 (9mm)

That's close to what my G19 cost NIB w/o the nightsites and extras. That'd be an okay deal for my area provided the gun's been well cared for. Heck give it a look, if it looks LNIB it'd be tempting. Depending on what sites are on it that could add a good bit to the cost/value - I'm looking at Tru-Glo TFO night sights for my G19 and they're roughly $85 PLUS installation.
    Jack

Senior Member Array cockedlocked01's Avatar
    Wow! If I must sell my G-26, it'll be to you guys. Just kidding, but a local LE onlyshop gun sells them for $399 new. You can pick them up elsewhere for under $500 on sale if you look. I'm talking S. California, but I would think they'ld be more here considering most other things are.

Seems high used, but I guess if that's the going rate for the area & it's in a gunshop, they do have to make money too.
    "Use human means as though divine ones didn't exist, and divine means as though there were no human ones." Baltasar Gracian
    Integrated Close Combat
    NRA Member
    Glock 19 & 26, Kahr CM9 & P45, Para P12, Kel-Tec P-32, S&W 442, & Dan Wesson 14-2.

Those Military/LEO deals are something else, aren't they? Wish I could buy for those prices too but I'm glad to see someone in the industry taking care of you folks, it's well deserved.
    Jack

me
    Quote Originally Posted by cockedlocked01 View Post
    Just kidding, but a local LE onlyshop gun sells them for $399 new. You can pick them up elsewhere for under $500 on sale if you look.
    That is about what we paid for my father's 27 at Christmas but then added the grip extentions +1 to each mag and the trijicon night sights. I think out the door with 50 rounds ran us $499. It is nice to be friends with the Police Department Armor and the PD only gun shop owe him a favor .
    Mark

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

-James Earl Jones

I looked online at Ordnance Outsellers. New Glock 26 is $470 plus $20 shipping plus your FFL. Assuming your FFL charges $25, that totals $515 out the door. NO SALES TAX if you're not in FL.

I use them as a gauge for what's a good deal and what's not. At a local gun shop I just saw a Glock 26 listed at $549 (plus 7% sales tax)...way too high, and they are not willing to deal there.

Here, sales tax is 7%, which will bump a $500 gun up by $35, so that's quite a factor locally.
    "It's a big gun when I carry it, it is also a big gun when I take it out” – Clint Smith

Galco IWB if its a Royal Guard or RG II it sell new for around $90

good holster, my FS 1911 just disappears...

Well, I think that you're getting a pretty good deal. Around here (San Antonio, Texas) Here are what that package might cost you.

Glock 26 - $ 500.00
    Spare G26 Magazine 25.00
    Pearce Grip Extension 10.00 (each)
    Trijicon Night Sights 90.00

That's not including the Galco IWB Holster and Installation and Sales Tax. IMHO, I believe that you'er getting a pretty good deal but I'm sure that if I had the time to shop around a bit I could probably find it for just a little bit less. Good luck with your decision.

Stay safe!

to me i would go with the kel tec. the kel tec org web page tells you how to clean up the trigger. i have a g26 and a p11, both are great. if you got the $$$$ then buy the glock, if not buy the p11. both are great guns and will do the same. think of it, buy the kel tec, ammo, a good holster, belt clip, and extry mags for about the same price of a glock 26.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

Links