Looking for a Walther PPS?

This is a discussion on Looking for a Walther PPS? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Anyone looking for a Walther PPS in 9mm? Just saw that Buds has them for $459 and free shipping...not a bad deal. I'd probably buy ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Looking for a Walther PPS?

Anyone looking for a Walther PPS in 9mm? Just saw that Buds has them for $459 and free shipping...not a bad deal. I'd probably buy one myself but I'm hoping to jump on a G43 in 2 or 3 weeks.
    Kennydale likes this.

I would say that you would be happier with the PPS vs. the Glock. The PPS is a much more refined weapon build wise compared to my glocks. I own both. The PPS holds more rounds as well. And the PPS shoots very accurately like a bigger gun. All things considered, the PPS is a single stack Glock and it was one of the first ones on the block as well.

While I have not seen or shot the Glock 43. I have seen and shot the 42. And the 43 looks like a 9mm version of the 42. I would still pick my PPS over any Glock. And yes I own a few Glocks!!!!
    TeflonDon and Eric357 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by TelumPisces View Post
    I would say that you would be happier with the PPS vs. the Glock. The PPS is a much more refined weapon build wise compared to my glocks. I own both. The PPS holds more rounds as well. And the PPS shoots very accurately like a bigger gun. All things considered, the PPS is a single stack Glock and it was one of the first ones on the block as well.

While I have not seen or shot the Glock 43. I have seen and shot the 42. And the 43 looks like a 9mm version of the 42. I would still pick my PPS over any Glock. And yes I own a few Glocks!!!!
    Now only if Glock engineered and manufactured the PPS to exactly what it is now... Then and only then would it be better than the G43. J/J

VIP Member
    IF, you buy from Bud's, I would make certain they actually have it in stock before you send money it will take forever to get back if they are out of stock.

A better, sure, faster deal can be had at GB...Walther PPS 3.2" 9mm w/two mags New : Semi Auto Pistols at GunBroker.com

Several members of the Walther forum including me have taken advantage of this offer and all have been very satisfied not only with the PPS they sent, but their excellent, above and beyond, customer service. I can't say enough good about this outfit.
    halem1, bigmacque and Eric357 like this.
    I like all kinds of foreign guns.

"Arm yourself because no one else here will save you..."

I don't always use missiles, but when I do it's the Minuteman III LGM-30G

That's a great price on the Walther PPS. I have one and don't plan to get rid of it for a G43. I do like Glocks but don't really see a need to replace the PPS. It's a fine carry gun, IMO.
    Eric357 likes this.

Yeah but it's buds so ...

I got mine from CDNN paid a like more but did not have to deal with this slim of th he earth
    Eric357 likes this.
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.” H.L. Mencken
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

Quote Originally Posted by TelumPisces View Post

I rented a PPS but want to compare it to the new Glock before I buy, plus the Glock is $100 cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Wunderneun View Post
    IF, you buy from Bud's, I would make certain they actually have it in stock before you send money it will take forever to get back if they are out of stock.

A better, sure, faster deal can be had at GB...Walther PPS 3.2" 9mm w/two mags New : Semi Auto Pistols at GunBroker.com

Several members of the Walther forum including me have taken advantage of this offer and all have been very satisfied not only with the PPS they sent, but their excellent, above and beyond, customer service. I can't say enough good about this outfit.
    Glad to hear this seller is getting good reviews. I almost bought from them a few months back and they were offering free shipping as well. As to Buds, never had a problem with them but I have never bought a high volume item from them either. I thought they sent your money back if the item was out of stock?

Quote Originally Posted by WrongRecroom View Post
    Yeah but it's buds so ...

I got mine from CDNN paid a like more but did not have to deal with this slim of th he earth
    I'd be interested in hearing what happened with Bud's. My experiences with them have been excellent.
    TeflonDon and Phaedrus like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tundra5.7 View Post
    I rented a PPS but want to compare it to the new Glock before I buy, plus the Glock is $100 cheaper.

Glad to hear this seller is getting good reviews. I almost bought from them a few months back and they were offering free shipping as well. As to Buds, never had a problem with them but I have never bought a high volume item from them either. I thought they sent your money back if the item was out of stock?

I'd be interested in hearing what happened with Bud's. My experiences with them have been excellent.

There black Friday mess comes to mind ..

Oh and PS do you have a PPS or are you looking for info on one .. Cause I do have some things to look out for ...
    Wunderneun likes this.
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.” H.L. Mencken
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

VIP Member
    I forgot to mention NO CREDIT CARD FEES and $10 flat rate shipping at Apopka Shoot Straight.
    Kennydale likes this.

There black Friday mess comes to mind ..

Oh and PS do you have a PPS or are you looking for info on one .. Cause I do have some things to look out for ...
    Hey, any info on the PPS I'll be glad to listen to. I don't have one, just thinking about one. I think I remember reading something about the black friday deal with Buds.

I forgot to mention NO CREDIT CARD FEES and $10 flat rate shipping at Apopka Shoot Straight.
    Good point on the credit card fee. They have some decent prices on several different firearms at Apopka.

Quote Originally Posted by Tundra5.7 View Post
    Hey, any info on the PPS I'll be glad to listen to. I don't have one, just thinking about one. I think I remember reading something about the black friday deal with Buds.

Good point on the credit card fee. They have some decent prices on several different firearms at Apopka.

Long and short on the Black friday mess was they really promted a couple of dang good deals ( shotguns for like 60 bucks 100 buck handguns ) .. Then on Black Frdiay the whole site "crashed" till the sale was over and the few that got though found that there never was any listing for the sale it was just a sham to get people on the site .. Mind you they have the items in stock of course but for normal price ...

When people ask on face book what happen they locked and deleted a lot of stuff ..

Never mind any popular item they make you join there silly buyers club to get ..

Just one example

On the PPS PPS checklist before buying - WaltherForums

Really the two main points are look for the BB date code and dont get the MA legal version as they trigger is very very heavy on that ..

And the only funky thing on the PPS is the weird grip safety in that if you pull the grips off the gun wont fire

Apopka, FL? Shoot Straight is the only gun store I have ever been threatened with arrest and was kicked out of NEVER to return.....all because I did not see the NO GUNS sign on a dark and rainy night. It was my first and last visit. The way they treated me was beyond comprehension. Wouldn't do business with them if they were giving 'em away for free.
    Kennydale and Phaedrus like this.
    "Said I never had any use for one.....never said I didn't know how to use it. " Matthew Quiqley

VIP Member
    Try mail order instead.

Long and short on the Black friday mess was they really promted a couple of dang good deals ( shotguns for like 60 bucks 100 buck handguns ) .. Then on Black Frdiay the whole site "crashed" till the sale was over and the few that got though found that there never was any listing for the sale it was just a sham to get people on the site .. Mind you they have the items in stock of course but for normal price ...

When people ask on face book what happen they locked and deleted a lot of stuff ..

Never mind any popular item they make you join there silly buyers club to get ..

Just one example
    To be fair you have to tell the whole story. Bud's explained in a press release why that happened (Release #1, Release #2). Then they went on to fix the problem by offering another sale, but only to loyal customers aka people who placed an order with them in the past, and they also pushed the sale back a few hours to appease those on the west coast. They solicited feedback from customers, and came up with these solutions.

I've only ordered from them once, and my experience was great.
    Phaedrus likes this.

That's not really much of a great price. By the time I pay for shipping and the FFL transfer fee I am almost up to the price of my LGS. I'll support my LGS if it means I'll only save $10-15. Most of the deals I have seen online aren't that great by the time you figure in all the fees associated with buying it online.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links