Easiest *NON G36* .45 to Conceal?

This is a discussion on Easiest *NON G36* .45 to Conceal? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hi guys, i want a carry .45, and Ive been almost set on a Glock 30. I know it's a bit thick though (slightly harder ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Easiest *NON G36* .45 to Conceal?

Easiest *NON G36* .45 to Conceal?

Hi guys, i want a carry .45, and Ive been almost set on a Glock 30. I know it's a bit thick though (slightly harder to conceal).

Could I get some opinions on the BEST carry .45 out there, regardless of brand? Im thinking of a Sig P245, but even though its only 6 rounds, its width measurement is wider, if im not mistaken, than a G30.

Any good, reliable carry-able 45 pistols?
    Ive read some reviews of the Kimber carry models, and they seem to have slight reliability issues until 500 rounds or so, and Id like to avoid this if possible.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Kahr P45:

The upcoming Kahr PM45 will be another, but I don't think it's available yet.

The Bersa Thunder 45 Ultra Compact:
    http://www.bersafirearmsusa.com/detail_bersa45.php

Taurus Millennium Pro and Pro Compact .45:
    http://www.taurususa.com/products/pr...ategory=Pistol
    http://www.taurususa.com/products/pr...ategory=Pistol
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Any 1911 would be eaiser to conceal then a block.......

Senior Member Array cockedlocked01's Avatar
    Apparently the G-30's thinner, shorter, lighter, & carries 4 rounds more. It would seem you can't go wrong with that.

There are some other compact .45's, but I wouldn't know about them personally. The Taurus PT145 & Kahr's new PM45 come to mind. If the Kahr .45 is anything like my PM9, that'll be one nice sub-compact.

Keep in mind, smaller is not necessarily better. If the gun doesn't feel right to you, you're not going to be happy. It depends on your needs & wants. I have large hands, but the Kahr's have always felt good to me. I spent a day & alot of ammo shooting my G-36 & a friend's G-30. I prefer the 36 to the 30, but I do like the higher capacity of the 30 & being able to use G-21 mags.
    "Use human means as though divine ones didn't exist, and divine means as though there were no human ones." Baltasar Gracian
    Integrated Close Combat
    NRA Member
    Glock 19 & 26, Kahr CM9 & P45, Para P12, Kel-Tec P-32, S&W 442, & Dan Wesson 14-2.

There really is no such thing as a "best carry" gun. Everyone has different tastes, hands, physiques, etc. With so many dynamics to carrying a concealed weapon, it all boils down to what works best per individual. For me, I find the Para Ordnance Slim Hawg to work best for personal carry. Its compact and "slim" structure is easier and comfortable for me to conceal IWB on my small build. You know what they say about guys with big feet, but guys with big hands have trouble getting a comfortable and appropriate grip on smaller guns. I have small hands and have no problem getting a full grip on such guns as the Slim Hawg. My opinion, go out and get some of the handguns you have in mind in your hand and see how they feel. A model that may not be as wide as another could possibly not feel right in your hand. What good is a primary carry gun if it isn't comfortable?

Thin .45 - Colt Defender

I believe a Colt Defender with thin profile grip panels will be one of the thinnest .45s you can find. Mine measures 0.90 inches through the slide and about 1.0 inches thick in the grip. This is almost identical to the new Kahr P45, which is about 1.0 inch thick according to the company website. The Defender holds 7+1 rounds using Wilson Combat Officer size magazines. The weight of the empty gun is about 25 ounces, and it handles .45 recoil well.

Lead Moderator
    1911's are my choice, but as said, alot depends on individual needs/taste.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

This has resided in my right front pocket of whatever I am wearing for a couple of years now. I have never been made carrying it. 10+1 of 45 acp certainly would get the job done. It is accurate, reliable and simply a hoot to shoot. Of course I am speaking of the Taurus PT-145. Mine has over 4000 rounds through it and has never failed to go bang when I pull the trigger. I also carry it IWB in a Tucker Heritage holster.

The only thing needed for evil to exist is for good men to stand by and do nothing!!!

Administrator
    OK you asked the easiest to conceal NOT a Glock36
    That would be the Detonics CombatMaster.

Get a Dan Wesson Classic Bobtail Commander.....

Distinguished Member Array p8riot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotorflyr View Post
    Any 1911 would be eaiser to conceal then a block.......
    AMEN! My 1911 commanders conceal better than any .45 I've ever carried, and I used to have G30 and a G36.
    "You can get more with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone." - Al Capone

The second amendment is the reset button of our Constitution.

Like the PT-145

I love the PT-145. I have had 3 of them. I am selling the last on the Member Buy/Sell/Trade forum. If you want to, browse over there and make me an offer.
    If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace.
    --Thomas Paine December 19, 1776

The probability that we may fail in the struggle ought not deter us from the support of a cause we believe to be just.
    --Abraham Lincoln

http://jmm.aaa.net.au/articles/13226.htm

Springfield Micro Compact Bi-tone is very easy for me to conceal. Steve48

Go with the G30, it's awesome. It is a bit thick, but not too thick to conceal. Works well for me anyway. I got my G30 a little over a week ago and have been to the range every other night since. Put 800 rounds through it so far and not one FTF, FTE, or any other issues with it. I've never had any other gun that was this reliable and accurate. I also have the PT140, and I've shot the PT145. My .40 is very reliable, and I've only heard good things about the .45, they just feel like toys in my hand after holding the G30. I guess I like the bigger thicker grip of the G30. JMO, TIFWIW.

Plus, you can buy parts anywhere, they are cheap and easy to fix and you can do it yourself if/when anything breaks. No need to send gun away to factory or gunsmith like most other guns.

Thanks to all of you guys for your responses. I especially like the Kahrs , Taurus etc. I always come back to the G30.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links