Another 228!

Another 228!

This is a discussion on Another 228! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I spent my day at work updating my Depts. M16 to M4's. New 14.5" uppers, position stock, new pistol grip and sighting them in. I ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another 228!

Administrator

Another 228!

I spent my day at work updating my Depts. M16 to M4's. New 14.5" uppers, position stock, new pistol grip and sighting them in. I found a detent spring or two that needed replaced, so off to the shop I went.
    They didn't have any springs on hand but, I found a like new 228 that just got traded in.
    I thought I was going to pick up another G19 for a project gun, but who can pass up a 228? This gun is really nice, a little bit of holster rub marks, but everything else is tight! Trigger feels new, as does the rest of the action. If I didn't know better, I would say it has not been fired. Bad part is, the goober that had it before me tried to paint over the holster marks around the hammer... Oh well I can fix that.
    Best part of this whole thing is I only paid $400.!

Now I have two 228's, and I got a project gun, but I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Good price, congrats.
    "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."
    - Sir Winston Churchill

Sig 228 is a great gun. Say- we were talking about custom Glocks on another thread, and what "Project" were you planning for your G19?

Congrats on the great find!

Senior Moderator
    Sandblast it and then Duracoat it.
    I did that with a 226 that I got from Interstate Arms awhile back.

It looks new.

What caliber is that 228 ?
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

HG, 228s are all 9mm.

I carry a 9mm 229 at home, but was briefly issued a 228 before, and am carrying one now (overseas for just a few more weeks). I really prefer the 228, with the slight exception of the roll pin through the slide which tends to break/shift. Little slimmer and a little lighter. Of course, if I could carry a .357 or .40 229, or even a .45 220, I'd probably be happiest...

AX

Congrats! I love my P228. You got one ******* deal there.
    If you like a single stack, try to find a P225 too!

400.00 for a P228? you stole it!! LOL...........You got a FANTASTIC deal, and a superbe handgun! I LOVE hearing when good people get a deal! Don't forget, you can utilize P226 mags for reloads. The P228s were german made, and they tick like a Swiss watch. ENJOY in good health, and we're watchin for a full range report on your new aquisition. Like Twisted mentioned, the single stack model 225 is the same size as the 228, but thinner. Both are a great carry piece
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Lead Moderator
    Nice buy.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Administrator
    I've had another 228 for a few years, and really like it. This one was not a planned purchase, but a purchase of opportunity. At $400., I couldnt pass it up. I suppose when I find a 225, I would buy one too. I really like that P6 in another thread. I might get it refinished just for the heck of it, but it really doesnt need it.

As for the project G19, I didn't have anything in particular planned. I just like tinkering with Glocks. I dont want to sidetrack the thread, but I was thinking about doing a CC project gun. I would build it to the suggestions of CC members, and test 'er out to see how we did.
    "Just blame Sixto"

VIP Member
    Good buy....I never really warmed up to my P228 when I was issued one...good gun though...whatever you do to it....let us know (I'll be interested for sure).

As for P225/P6's, check Gunbroker....I'm seeing P225's go for the same amount that you can get P6's for. Aim Surplus or Dan's Ammo has the P6's at good prices.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

http://www.aimsurplus.com/acatalog/S...mm_Pistol.html

Nice find SIXTO, aimsurplus currently has P-6's for $370 if you are interested.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Assistant Administrator
    Well - we just gotta have a pic of a 228!!

Love this gun and if 226 had to have any work done it would fill the niche ideally for EDC. That was a steal Sixto - great find.

Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Administrator
    You guys are not supposed to tell me where to find these guns, I'll go broke! I just blew my gun money for awhile, but it will be replenished soon enough.
    Thanks to srfl and Buckeye, my kid won't eat this week, but I'm going to have a P6!

Yeah the pictures... I got to sit down and figure out how to do that. I know I saw a how to here somewhere.
    Last edited by SIXTO; February 21st, 2007 at 10:10 AM.
    "Just blame Sixto"

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    You guys are not supposed to tell me where to find these guns, I'll go broke! I just blew my gun money for awhile, but it will be replenished soon enough.
    ....telling other members where to get the bargains is what we do here!

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Thanks to srfl and Buckeye, my kid won't eat this week, but I'm going to have a P6!
    .....eating is overrated! Ask my children. Get a P225/P6!

My next gun might well be a P245.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Hey, don't blame me. If you live in Southwest Ohio and don't check Aimsurplus' website at least once a week, shame on you! They usually have some pretty good deals going on.

Your kids should be ok for a week, I thought all cops had at least a 3 week supply of donuts hidden in their house in case Krispy Kreme went on strike.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links