P320 & vp9

This is a discussion on P320 & vp9 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; What does one offer/have over on the other? That's where I'm at with the decision making. Any input would help. I did go through about ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: P320 & vp9

P320 & vp9

What does one offer/have over on the other? That's where I'm at with the decision making. Any input would help.

I did go through about 90% of the search threads and didn't really glean anything substantial outside of trigger, trigger, trigger. Dry firing, the triggers seemed very close. If I go Sig it will be the carry model.

VIP Member
    I've got and love them both but the better shooter (for me) is the HK.

I'm waiting on a holster for the Sig and it too will go in the rotation....

If your gonna carry it go with the Sig P320 subcompact. It's 1.06" at its thickest point, has a height of 4.67", and holds 12 rounds. It bridges the gap between guns like the Shield and Glock 19. Best carry gun out in my out IMHO.
    Kennydale likes this.

I had a P250 Compact in 9mm and Subcompact in .357Sig and they were great shooters. Id love to try the P320. The shape of the gun just feels incredible in my hand. On the other hand, Ive never heard a single bad thing about the VP9. People seem to love both. I feel like you wont go wrong either way.

I really like the VP9 but as a carry gun you can't go wrong with the P320.
    I myself just put money down on a P320. The trigger was much better than the first one I tried about a year ago.
    It will go in my carry rotation as soon as I can shoot it well.
    Have Fun and Shoot Straight !!

I had this dilemma when I bought my VP9. The 320 was just too big, and a good deal heavier and longer if I remember. But I may have held the full size 320 and not the compact.

I have both.

Ergonomics and overall comfort go to the VP9.

Trigger and modularity goes to the P320.

Fun factor, reliability and accuracy...it's a toss up.

I own a VP9 and love it. But I recently handled a P320 compact and I'm honestly not sure which way I'd have gone if the P320 had been the first I'd laid eyes on. I EDC my VP9 but the Sig does seem a bit smaller. Even without the replaceable pieces the grip feels great on the P320.

Bad news is nobody can really help with your decision. Good news is there is no bad decision.

Easy pick...

Walther ppq

First of all, thank you all for the replies.

I realize it all comes down to feel in my hand, I was looking for input on what I may not be seeing or could not find in research. These posts have been very helpful in the confidence I'm not missing something I should be aware of that could be a potential problem. After handling them both I had the "coin toss" feeling. At point I'm not real sure the modularity is a selling point for this person. My thinking is buying the different frames and slide is going to be some what close to a new firearm price. I could be wrong. I keep seeing the PPQ offered against these two, so I'll look at it and see.
    Czombie and Denverjay like this.
    And to the REPUBLIC for which it stands. ONE nation under GOD......

VIP Member
    Both are great guns. I have the VP9 and it's as good a shooter as any gun I have ever owned. The VP9 will have the advantage in grip most likely since it has three different removable grip panels (Left, Right, Back) with three different panels for each.
    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.” - Naguib Mahfouz

I own the VP9 and have extensively shot the 320. As some other shave noted, it's an extremely close call. My VP9 is by far the most accurate-in-my-hand gun I own (I have 5). I prefer the VP9 trigger, but mine has about 2500 rounds through it now, so the difference I noted with the P320 could have simply been the Sig's newness.

I have zero regrets with purchasing the VP9, though I suspect had I bought a P320 first, I'd say the same thing.

To me this comes down to two higher-end pistols. Both should, and do, impress. Both are a credit to their brands.

I would, however, consider some of my other pistols before the VP9 for an everyday carry gun. In a bag, sure, but unless I'm hiking in the woods in the fall with a jacket, tougher to conceal due to the size, obviously.

Frankly, I think either choice will see you pleased. :)

I have two VP9s, so my vote is obvious. But I've heard from many people that the 320 is a great pistol. I don't think you can go wrong either way.

But get the VP9. 🏼Lmao

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I own a few of both.

I've been unimpressed [compared to the hype and love-fest] with the VP9 as I feel it's almost as good a copy of my PPQ's but not any better.

For live fire, the trigger on VP9 is not as crisp to reset as the Sig. For fast shooting this is irrelevant, but at the range the VP9 trigger has more travel to reset which makes it feel vague. The Sig reset is really short [not PPQ or M&P Apex short but short nonetheless].

Magazines are easier to find for the Sig right now.

They both [Sig Compact and VP9] hold 15 rounds but the VP9 is slightly taller in the grip [for concealment purposes].

Sight alignment initially was easier with the VP9 but once you learn where to hold the P320 it just as easy.

As much as I've heard that the modularity of the P320 line is a gimmick for us here in the U.S., I've found it quite valuable in fine tuning a configuration that works for me.

I would only carry the VP9 if I was bored [which is not a good reason to 'rotate' carry pistols]. The Sig P320 [Compact] has become my #2 carry pistol [Glock still #1 due to 21 years familiarity].

With all that said, there is absolutely nothing wrong with the VP9, because at the end of the day this is just splitting hairs in my opinion because they are both great pistols.

Great info. I am going to check out the PPQ and go from there. One thing I have gotten from the comments is the lean towards the Sig.
    And to the REPUBLIC for which it stands. ONE nation under GOD......

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links