XD40sc 12 rd mag issues

XD40sc 12 rd mag issues

This is a discussion on XD40sc 12 rd mag issues within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Got some RDS today for the XD I picked up last night and one of the factory SA extended mags won't load more than 10rds...anyone ...

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By RickyD
  • 2 Post By OldVet
  • 1 Post By lv1976
  • 1 Post By pecanshooter223
  • 1 Post By JDavisArk

Thread: XD40sc 12 rd mag issues

XD40sc 12 rd mag issues

Got some RDS today for the XD I picked up last night and one of the factory SA extended mags won't load more than 10rds...anyone seen this before?

Is it a California 10 round limited magazine? Remove the base plate and remove the spring and follower. Is there a spacer that limits the number of rounds you can load? If not, try an UPLuLa loader.

VIP Member
    The last round loaded into my XDm .45 mags are a little tight, but the mags tend to loosen up over time. I have never had an issue with the second to last round.
    pecanshooter223 likes this.
    Member Georgia Carry

Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black in S. FL.
    Some new mags seldom accept all the stated rounds. Let them sit full a day or two, add another round, let sit, add the last. They'll ease up eventually.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

I've never encountered a magazine that was as stiff as a new XD mag. If you're sure it isn't a 10 rounder, you're just going to have to muscle it in. XD doesnt play around with spring strength, whether the mags or the RSA.

uploadfromtaptalk1429372229083.jpg
    Got one more in! I'll let I sit and see what happens
    JDavisArk likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lmstncwby View Post
    Is it a California 10 round limited magazine? Remove the base plate and remove the spring and follower. Is there a spacer that limits the number of rounds you can load? If not, try an UPLuLa loader.
    Nope
    Attached Images

Distinguished Member
    The loader that comes in the box is kind of a pain to do it. Use an UPLuLa to make things easier. But, yeah, the last two rounds are a tight fit.
    Then said he unto them, "But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." - Luke 22:36

And God came down and gave unto John Moses Browning the divine knowledge of the perfect handgun. Amen.

Load and unload a couple of times. Working the springs will loosen them up. It the expansion/contraction cycle that weakens springs.
    I know little on the subject so I'll speak at length.

Distinguished Member Array JDavisArk's Avatar
    If anyone ever thought some pistol mags are a PITA to fully load when new, they've never tried to load a new XD magazine to full capacity. I have a friend with an XD9, and I bought her several new factory magazines on sale last year. Uplula loader is recommended unless you want to rip off your thumbnails loading these.
    Once in a while this subject comes up. Even with new Glock magazines folks have issues filling them to capacity when new or fully seating them on a closed slide.
    Forcing the last round into these new magazines will get things going, or downloading by one and letting them sit for a while then forcing the last round in.
    Staggered column magazines are usually built with killer springs for a reason. The springs have to bend and fold as well as last a very long time. Single stack magazines seldom experience the issues of fully loading to capacity from the very first time so long as the tube is not dinged or the follower is not binding. It is what it is.
    How much difference is there between terrorism and tyranny?

Buck Ofama

Senior Member Array XD40SCiinNC's Avatar
    I have an XD40 and XD40sc, and between the two I have 10, 12rd mags. They all accept 12 rounds.
    "The most foolish mistake we could possibly make would be to allow the subject races to possess arms. History shows that all conquerors who have allowed their subject races to carry arms have prepared their own downfall by so doing." - Adolf Hitler

Quote Originally Posted by JDavisArk View Post
    If anyone ever thought some pistol mags are a PITA to fully load when new, they've never tried to load a new XD magazine to full capacity. I have a friend with an XD9, and I bought her several new factory magazines on sale last year. Uplula loader is recommended unless you want to rip off your thumbnails loading these.
    Once in a while this subject comes up. Even with new Glock magazines folks have issues filling them to capacity when new or fully seating them on a closed slide.
    Forcing the last round into these new magazines will get things going, or downloading by one and letting them sit for a while then forcing the last round in.
    Staggered column magazines are usually built with killer springs for a reason. The springs have to bend and fold as well as last a very long time. Single stack magazines seldom experience the issues of fully loading to capacity from the very first time so long as the tube is not dinged or the follower is not binding. It is what it is.
    Yeah these are brand new mags never had any rounds in them

Distinguished Member
    You know what's funny? My wife's subcompact .40 12 rounders are a PITA to load to 12. I need a loader to do it. My XD .45 Tactical 13 rounders? Easy to just do by hand.
    Then said he unto them, "But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." - Luke 22:36

And God came down and gave unto John Moses Browning the divine knowledge of the perfect handgun. Amen.

Quote Originally Posted by rdunawaytx View Post
    You know what's funny? My wife's subcompact .40 12 rounders are a PITA to load to 12. I need a loader to do it. My XD .45 Tactical 13 rounders? Easy to just do by hand.
    I've been reading and it seems the 12 rd .40 are the biggest pain. I finally got it loaded though!

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links