New XD

This is a discussion on New XD within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well , went to the local gun shop to pick up some ammo and decided to look at the pistols while I was there . ...

Thread: New XD

New XD

Well , went to the local gun shop to pick up some ammo and decided to look at the pistols while I was there . Saw some XDs and asked to check a few out . After much anguish I decided that I really needed the springfield XD 45 . Now just need the snow to melt so I can get to the range and try it out . Think this may be a replacement for my Witness 45 as my carry piece .

Anyone have any input on these? Just wondering what others think about em and experiences with them ( ammo preferences, accuracy, reliability , etc. ) .

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    Lol, I often stop in the shop for some small items, and end up with a new gun!

Congrats, on the gun, enjoy it. FWIW, that XD will shoot just fine with snow on the ground.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    I love my XD 45, and it's my primary carry gun. I carry it in a Max-con V IWB holster, and use a Sig-tac vest as a cover garment. The times that I don't carry it are those times when my dress won't allow it, such as work, or during the hot Vegas summers when a cover garment is impractical. Those times I carry my Glock 26 in my pocket. But all other times, it's my XD. It shoots like a dream, with a natural grip angle. I can actually shoot it better than either of my Glocks, the 26 or the 19. I also am better with the XD than my Beretta 92FS. The XD 45 is just a terrific gun. You'll have a ball. Congratulations on your purchase. And by the way, I highly recommend the Max-con V holster from Gary Brommeland. Very comfortable, and well made It's worth the price and the wait.

whw
    The XD continues to prove it is a reliable pistol. SA has purchased a very reliable CCW platform.

whw

Congrats on your XD!

I like the XD's a lot. My only issue with them is SA's refusal to sell replacement parts. Not that they break all the time or anything, but if used often, eventually something will need to be replaced. I just don't like having to send my gun back to the factory to replace something I could do myself. That said, XD's are reliable, accurate, and very comfortable in the hand. Congrats on your new piece.....

I bought a XD45 Tactical and it has been 100% since day one. No malfunctions of any kind thru over 1000rds. So far, it seems to like the Winchester Ranger 230gr.+P the best. I even took a bag of mixed ammo, factory and reloads, and tried to get it to jam. Not a hiccup. The pistol is everything I expected it to be and more.

A big thumbs up!
    FREEDOM MATTERS!

Definately luvin my 45 ACP, 4in, Rare Dark Earth color.
    It's been super reliable, and just plain fun to shoot. Always puts a smile on my face. BIG BOOM!
    I got a Don Hume holster that holds the gun close-in. An XL Rayon\Polyester shirt helps with concealment, too!!
    DarkEarth
    Luke 22:36: " If thou hast no sword, sell thy cloak and buy one."

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar
    What not to love about the XD45? Nothin! I have the 4" black service model, and has been great to me. Its definitely my first choice in a combat pistol.

I've got an XD 9mm with over 12,000 rounds though it. So far, it'll happily eat anything except Wolf ammo. I usually shoot S&B or Independence at the range without any problems. I presume this'll be the same for the .45. Congrats on a fine weapon. I'm torn between an XD .45 and a Sig P220 DAK for next pistol.
    "To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." Ted Nugent

SIC VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM.

Distinguished Member Array lowflyer's Avatar
    XD45 Compact is what I have. I love it. I shoot mostly reloads, but have shot some WWB. I carry Black Hills 230 gn. FMJs.
    Last edited by lowflyer; February 23rd, 2007 at 07:46 PM.
    Whatever doesn't kill you postpones the inevitable.

All I've run through mine is WWB (both ball and JHP), with no problems at ALL.

It's not my primary carry, so I'm doing an experiment on Sunday (haven't cleaned it since last week after dumping 100 more rounds through it) to see if I can get the thing to FTF or FTE.

It's a workhorse, alright - if that 20,000-rd. torture test couldn't stop it, I doubt a week without cleaning will.

Excellent, excellent weapon. I might take mine out for a spin after the range on Sunday.

Congrats...

on the new XD...
    I'm also pleased to know that I am not the only guy going into a gun shop for lube...and comes out with another gun to sneak into the house...Oh, wait a minute...probably no one else sneaks a gun into the house and 'kind of'...MELTS...it into the collection.

"New? naw...I've had that one for a while now!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Congrats on the XD. It is an excellent addition and will treat you well.

I love my XD 45 compact. It is my primary. I switch between it and my Glock 19 & 23.

Links