hello to all again, i think im about to trade in my 1911 any advice

hello to all again, i think im about to trade in my 1911 any advice

This is a discussion on hello to all again, i think im about to trade in my 1911 any advice within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; hello to all again, im thinking about trading in my 1911 for a springfield loaded, i have a SA 1911 gi right now, its a ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Smile hello to all again, i think im about to trade in my 1911 any advice

hello to all again, im thinking about trading in my 1911 for a springfield loaded, i have a SA 1911 gi right now, its a good gun but the mods i want are already stock on the loaded, like low mount novaks, and polished feed ramp, and finish mine is od green but am i making a bad move, good move, how much am i looking to receive, the gun is in really good condition i guess it's the gun nut in me wanting something new, in the army and no slight on them my dollars matter, and matter that much more when the life of my wife and my own life may be on the line,since it will be my EDC , thanks for your help in advance ,god bless hooah
    Attached Images

Springfield loaded is an excellent choice.
    I wouldn't hesitate to buy one.
    A LTTLE TRAINING IS A DANGEROUS THING ....

Lead Moderator
    Nice grips. are they green skulls or gray? I like my loaded champ alot. not sure if I could go back to a standard model.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

A Springfield Loaded is an excellent choice. IMHO I believe that your on the path to a great decision. Let us know what you end up deciding and please post pics. Good luck and stay safe!
    Last edited by COWBOYF550; February 24th, 2007 at 02:12 AM.

I wouldn't do it, find something else to sell. Keep the GI model for an backup EDC in case the loaded has problems sometime in the future.

I now live by the rule of 'NEVER GET RID OF A GUN' . I am sure that if you do trade it in you will immediately wish you hadn't.

I miss my 1911 already, even though I have a new gun to take it's place. It was the first one I purchased myself, too. At least I can rest easy knowing a good friend has it as his first pistol now.

I just recently got to a point financially that I can walk in to a gun store and buy what I want, with in reason.

With in reason is defined as $1,000.00 or less on a quarterly basis. I kick myself for some of the guns I have let get away. Never ever sell a gun unless it is unreliable. I recently sold my Glock 36 because of reliability issues. I replaced it with a Smith and Wesson 22-4.

I've had five or six good 1911's slip through my hands over the past twenty years. As well as a first run Glock 19 and the creme de la' creme of a 686 that had been customized by Andy Cannon. Oh yeah, I'm forgetting about the Model 28 that went out too. Don't get me started on the Tedfordized Python.

In short, I won't miss the Glock 36 because I'm going to replace it with a Glock 21 SF and I have the 22-4 to keep me company until I do. If at all possible, keep what you have and add to it by slowly buying others.

OK, I'm going to go weep and cry now.

Biker

I wouldnt trade or sell it just save for the other gun but if ya have to ya have to

Springfield loaded is a good gun i carried one for quite awhile

whw
    There is regret attached to every gun trade I have made. Keep your GI and save for the loaded. You will be glad you did.

By the way, dollars lost on a trade add up quickly. Once you buy it, it's best to hang on to it tightly.

whw

I agree. Keep your GI and save for a Loaded. I have a Loaded Champion Lightweight. It was my first 1911 and has been great.

Don't listen to these guys like Bud and whw and eagle5 who say you should keep it! You need cash now! Since I truly have your best interests at heart, I'll take that old clunker off your hands for a brand new One Hundred Dollar Bill! What a deal!

Ah, but seriously, folks, I, too, would recommend you keep the GI and save a bit more to get the carry piece you want. Unless you get an exceptionally good price or trade offer, you'll probably be happier in the long run. One 1911 is not enough!
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

Plus One.........

Keep the GI and save up for a Loaded.
    A secondary pistol is a good thing to have. If you ever have to use it 'for real' your pistol will be taken 'as evidence' and you probably will not be allowed to buy another. Under some circumstances they may look for your other guns, but they may let you have what you already own...if the shooting looks justifiable.
    Second, as mentioned before, there may be some fine tweaking to the Loaded required. That gives you a reliable pistol until the Loaded is proven reliable.
    Third, you will be losing money anyway you sell it unless it is too a private party, and then you have to be careful nowadays as to WHO you sell it too, Very careful. Even someone you know may not be trustworthy with a loaded firearm in their possession. And things they do, may come back to haunt you.
    And last, when the loaded is up and running, you'll have a second 1911 to keep as a car gun, house gun or to do further projects on in the future. One that uses the same ammo outta the same mags. You can gradually build it up or leave it stock. Put a .22 conversion unit on it and have a dedicated .22. Add a Mech Tech Carbine Conversion Unit and have a .45 carbine that uses the same mags. 'Sell it' complete with reciept, and stash it incase life gets really weird with gunlaws down the road. Consider it an investment that will always have value, which it is, and keep it.
    IMHO

Keep your GI and find a nice used 1911 loaded ...Plenty of them out there, and you'll have two 1911s to shoot. I very very rarely buy anything new, as people shoot a few boxes out of their new guns, only to trade em in for something they can't live without........
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

If I had to make a choice between the GI and the loaded, it'd be the loaded hands down! My guns are shooters, and the loaded is a shooter. The GI is ok, but the "loaded" is the gun the GI wants to be.
    Still,---------keep um both if you can!
    str1

Start A Stash...

Keep it and start adding to your collection...

Stay armed...stay safe!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links