Attention All Sig Owners!

This is a discussion on Attention All Sig Owners! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just got this wonderful e-mail from Sig. They will do this for my P245 and I'm takin' advantage of the opportunity! I'm also going ...

Thread: Attention All Sig Owners!

Lightbulb Attention All Sig Owners!

I just got this wonderful e-mail from Sig. They will do this for my P245 and I'm takin' advantage of the opportunity! I'm also going to have them install the new SRT (Short Reset Trigger) on the P245 for an additional $99.

SSP Price Increase Takes Effect April 1
    Get your SIG Back In Shape For Just $99.95 Before Time Runs Out

The price for our popular SIG Service Plan – or SSP – will increase from $99.95 to $129.95 starting April 1 but you can still take advantage of the $99.95 introductory price. Simply contact SIGARMS® Customer Service for details. The SSP allows used SIG owners to send their pistols to the factory for complete cleaning and our “full service package” which includes replacing the springs. As part of the package we’ll install a new set of SIGLITE® Night Sights (excluding P232 or P230 models). While the pistol is back at the factory, our gunsmiths will perform a close inspection and alert you of any potential issues that may have been occurred under previous ownership and advise you of the most cost effective options to correct the problem. The SSP is valued at $225 so act before the price increase and bring your SIG SAUER back to peak operational readiness.

To purchase an SSP simply contact the SIGARMS® Customer Service Dept. at 603-772-2302 press #3. The SSP does not cover: 1) Accessories or attachments, non-functional parts, and cosmetic wear 2) Repair of any gun that is damaged or malfunctioning as a result of operator or owner negligence such as failure to maintain the pistol in accordance with the owner’s manual, accidental damage, abuse, vandalism, theft, rust, or corrosion 3) Service required as a result of alteration or repairs not performed by SIGARMS Inc. 4) Shipping costs for receipt or return of the pistol. NOTE: Free SIGLITE® Night Sights installation is not available on P232 or P230 models.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

2. Remove Ads

The 2007 SigArms product portfolio lists several services that weren't in the 2006 book.

Service plans.
    $75 - $130.
    Action services.
    $75 - $150.
    Trigger conversions.
    $200.
    Sight services.
    $75 - $120.

And lots of finish and custom services.

There's also 12 pages of P220s, did they expand that line for '07?

Administrator
    None of these things are hard to do yourself, but it is a good price
    "Just blame Sixto"

I guess I should have mentioned the SSP is for specifically USED pistols. Since I got my P245 used a couple of years ago I'm excited about this. PLUS they'll provide a new BOX in case yours didn't come with one (as mine didn't). Having a box can be crucial if you decide to sell or trade it down the line.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

As Ex has mentioned and it's a GREAT deal. The sig lite sights are meprolite sights. Sig has a huge contract with Meprolite..Just be aware that deal sometimes has it's drawbacks.....They do go thru the guns with a fine tooth comb inspection..and they do replace the items that are worn or beginning to show heavy signs of wear....I've had (cuz I worked there) the pleasure of knowing they're utilizing the "most cost effective supplier" of springs, etc..If you utilize the Service.. I just felt the need to just give all of you a heads up..
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Thx for the heads up Ex, I might take them up on that. I have a Sig 2340 that is my main for taking classes. I bought it used and have no idea of it's past history(was told it was a LE tradein). It has night sights but wouldnt mind getting a fresh set.

SY

Lightbulb SRT Install for $99

Quote Originally Posted by 0.02 View Post
    The 2007 SigArms product portfolio lists several services that weren't in the 2006 book.

Service plans.
    $75 - $130.
    Action services.
    $75 - $150.
    Trigger conversions.
    $200.

Sight services.
    $75 - $120.

And lots of finish and custom services.

There's also 12 pages of P220s, did they expand that line for '07?
    The guys from the SSP on this offer e-mailed me tonight and said the SRT trigger installation was $99 and if I did that wil the original upgrade service they'd pay the $35+ shipping fee back to me. That's KEWL.

Distinguished Member Array Colin's Avatar
    To bad it would be a paperwork nightmare to ship my gun from Canada. I suspect the work would be IPSC legal?

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Colin View Post
    To bad it would be a paperwork nightmare to ship my gun from Canada. I suspect the work would be IPSC legal?
    IPSC legal? Sure. But why not give them a call? Here's the info:

Call at 603-418-8183 direct between 8:30 am and 5:30 pm EST Monday through Friday to set up a Return Authorization for service.

Will need model, caliber, serial number, name, return shipping address, daytime phone number, email address and Visa/MC information, etc.

Ray Carter
    Sigarms Customer Service
    603-772-2302 press #3
    603-772-4795 (fax)
    customerservice@sigarms.com
    If response is required, please "Reply with History"
    visit our website at http://www.sigarms.com

Quote Originally Posted by ExSoldier View Post
    The guys from the SSP on this offer e-mailed me tonight and said the SRT trigger installation was $99 and if I did that wil the original upgrade service they'd pay the $35+ shipping fee back to me. That's KEWL.
    In the 2007 book the SRT is listed under Action Services and is indeed $100 (minus the fools nobody nickel).
    The Trigger Conversions include;
    DA/SA to DAK.
    DA/SA to SAO.
    DAK to DA/SA.
    All cost $200.

It's a deal that they are waiving any shipping though.

Quote Originally Posted by ExSoldier View Post
    IPSC legal? Sure. But why not give them a call? Here's the info:

Call at 603-418-8183 direct between 8:30 am and 5:30 pm EST Monday through Friday to set up a Return Authorization for service.

Will need model, caliber, serial number, name, return shipping address, daytime phone number, email address and Visa/MC information, etc.

Ray Carter
    Sigarms Customer Service
    603-772-2302 press #3
    603-772-4795 (fax)
    customerservice@sigarms.com
    If response is required, please "Reply with History"
    visit our website at http://www.sigarms.com
    Just think
    I live 22 miles aways from the Sig Plant lol (a 30 Min drive)
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Links