Must not have been meant , im going to keep it

This is a discussion on Must not have been meant , im going to keep it within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; i posted yesterday about trading my SA 1911 GI , it must not have been meant, because either they(pawn/gunshops) were talking too low of a ...

Thread: Must not have been meant , im going to keep it

Smile Must not have been meant , im going to keep it

i posted yesterday about trading my SA 1911 GI , it must not have been meant, because either they(pawn/gunshops) were talking too low of a buying price or they telling me they could not fing a simple Springer loaded in their catalogs, but to no surprise they found the TRP or operators at a price of 1100-1400 fairly easyway out of my paygrade , i was just looking for a simple trade and paying the differance in cash 50-150, but i guess it not meant to part ways, now with that said since i cant get what i want here( the sa loaded),i'll make mine a loaded/TRP or at least fake it,my way, magwell(Smith&Alexander),and maybe a good barrell bushing and Some decent nightsights,mine suck , they look like heine knockoffs, any suggestions am i doing right, am i wasting my money and is it posible to give a od green gun a black parkarized finsh, need help and a million dollars would not hurt hahahahahahah thanks to all god bless,hooah, ps you all are very helpful to a guncrazy soilder,( i mean that in the most PC way)

2. Remove Ads

Assistant Administrator
    There is something about destiny - so very likely this gun was not meant to go!

What you propose sounds OK - as long as the gun is good enough already, as you see it, to make extra expense justified. Magwell sounds good as does bushing and sight upgrade.

Not so sure the color change expense really worthwhile unless you want it badly.

As for the million Bucks .......... join the queue LOL
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

VIP Member
    With the single exception of a Llama 1911, every gun I either sold or traded, I later regretting not keeping.

For me now, I will keep all of them I buy. I bet there are a lot here that have the same regrets..........
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

Five Years Ago...

I sold a gun, my first pistol, that I had had for over 30 years...I think about that foolish sale...a lot.

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    I don't know why you would want to change the color, but yes it can be done. Everything else sounds like a really good idea. I am looking at making some changes to my RIA, which I traded a SA GI on, and my list looks much like yours. I want better sights, and am weighing either doing a bull barrel or a new barrel/bushing. In any event, the gun can now be what you want it to be, not what SA thinks you want it to be.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

Distinguished Member Array AKsrule's Avatar
    Check out the links below.

There are a lot of Quality replacement and add-on parts that
    can make your GI an even better gun and prettier too!
    (and you can do it yourself 1 piece at a time )

http://www.cylinder-slide.com

http://egw-guns.com/catalog
    -------
    -SIG , it's What's for Dinner-

know your rights!
    http://www.handgunlaw.us

"If I walk in the woods, I feel much more comfortable carrying a gun. What if you meet a bear in the woods that's going to attack you? You shoot it."
    {Bernhard Goetz}

You could get a RIA tactical when they become available again for about $450.00 or so or you can get a new Taurus that has everything already on it for about $500.00. You should be able to get about that out of a springfield. If you are like me, when I go to trade in a gun, it is somehow become totally worthless and can't possible be sold be the gun shop, even though I just paid him full retail not a month before lol. It is now worthless. John

VIP Member
    I have heard that when the RIA tacticals show up they're going to be higher in price than they were before. Can't complain, that should push the value up on mine.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

Papa don't preach...I'm keepin' my baby! :D

I regret every gun I ever sold or traded. Steve48

Links