Something I've always been curious about...

This is a discussion on Something I've always been curious about... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The Coonan DID get the function "bugs" worked out of cranking "Rimmed Revolver Ammo" through an autoloader. If I remember correctly it did not take ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Something I've always been curious about...

Administrator

Coonan

The Coonan DID get the function "bugs" worked out of cranking "Rimmed Revolver Ammo" through an autoloader.
    If I remember correctly it did not take kindly to most handloaded .357 ammo. Once you found the factory load that it "liked" ~ then it was awesome & reliable.
    Since there was no loss of oomph out of a revolver "cylinder gap" .357 Mag velocity was a bit higher in the Coonan.
    The PROBLEM with buying a "Like New or Mint Condition" Coonan NOW is the general rarity of the Coonan magazines. Expect to pay BIG bucks for spare mags "if & when" they pop up.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

2. Remove Ads

The other thing on the .357 mag in an autoloader is trying to put your fist around one if you're an average sized shooter. I have no problem with a Desert Eagle, but for a gun that big and bulky, I want a bigger boom.

They're conceable with effort but the biggest problem in that area is lack of holsters - I ended up having to make my own.

JT
    Quote Originally Posted by Euclidean
    Wow you wouldn't know it from their site, especially with the word "Magnum" right there on the page. You would think Glock would realize that's misleading! I figured they made them for foreign markets where military calibers are illegal for private citizens. I've also heard Glock makes .380s for foreign countries, so I naturally assumed they marketed both these calibers in other parts of the world.

I've yet to actually see any of those models in a gun store. I assumed they were for the foreign market like the .380 models. Can you actually buy them in the U.S.??
    Yea, it is miss-leading.

Were you asking if the 380s were available here, or the 357 Sigs? The 380s are not because they don’t have enough “import points” on the BATF grading scale to get in. The 357 Sigs are sold here, in fact I have one. I bought it, and then a 40 caliber barrel so I can shoot either round.

I think it is a bad move for Glock to drop the traditional name of the caliber if it contains the name of another company. It can lead to confusion. They even changed the 45 ACP to “45 Auto”. I’m not certain but I think the practice started when the S&W Sigma came out and Glock sued them for copyright infringment. Around that time they started referring to their guns chambered for 40 S&W as “40 Auto”. My model 23 pre-dates this practice, so it actually says “40 S&W” on the slide.
    Blessed be the Lord my rock who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links