i want this SIG, but my wallet says no...

This is a discussion on i want this SIG, but my wallet says no... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; http://www.sigarms.com/Products/Show...&productid=147 stopped at a gun shop today on my way home, this gun felt better in my hands than any other gun i have ever ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: i want this SIG, but my wallet says no...

http://www.sigarms.com/Products/Show...&productid=147

stopped at a gun shop today on my way home, this gun felt better in my hands than any other gun i have ever held but i will still get the glock 23, it costs about what the tax does on the sig

Yes a hefty price on that sig one of the guys at the gunshop has one

Its Ok

Distinguished Member Array SonofASniper's Avatar
    If that gun feels better to you, then save up the dough to get it.

Let me tell you why I don't own that sig and I own a glock 23.

When I pick up the 226, it feels clumsy in my hand. When I try to draw and sight, I spend about a 5 count just looking for the sights. It doesn't fit me. It doesn't feel comfortable whatsoever. I feel that I would be better off confronting a bad guy with a baseball bat.

When I pick a glock 23, it fits firm and comfortable. It doesn't feel like I should struggle to hold on to it. When I draw and sight, the sights come right up and point exactly where I want them to. It is comfortable. It feels like an extension of me rather than a chunk of metal.

If your experience with the sig is so overwhelmingly positive, like my experience with the glock 23, then the sig is what you should get.
    Sig's are very high quality. They simply don't fit my hand. So they are not for me. In fact, if I were to purchase one solely on a sig fan's opinion that they are God's gift to guns, I would end up resenting the piece and probably never shooting it.

If the Sig fits your hand much better than a 23, then you should get it. I am a glock 23 fan, and some glock fan's out there would tell you the 23 is God's gift to guns. However, if you are not happy with it because it doesn't fit you, then don't get it. You would be happier and safer if you would get the one that fits you.
    I will support gun control when you can guarantee all guns are removed from this planet. That includes military and law enforcement. When you can accomplish that, then I will be the last person to lay down my gun. Then I will carry the weapon that replaces the gun.

I still want this one 226 Elite But verrrryyyy expensive.

Administrator
    I would forget about the elites, and the other special run Sigs. If its about feel, the regular will fit you just fine. To be perfectly honest, most people don't shoot well enough to take advantage of all the bells and whistles offered these guns.
    "Just blame Sixto"

I have found the 220 to fit my hand like a glove. Its a little thinner and the grip feels like it was made for my hand. All the other Sigs (226,229,239,232) fit my hands great also, but the 220 is the best.

Cehck out www.mactec-militaryarms.com. They sell CPO (certified preowned) Sigs for less than $500. My father-in-law bought his 1st handgun, a 9mm 226, for $485 and the process was very simple.
    Yeah I like Glocks, wanna fight about it!

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by '75scout View Post
    Cehck out www.mactec-militaryarms.com. They sell CPO (certified preowned) Sigs for less than $500. My father-in-law bought his 1st handgun, a 9mm 226, for $485 and the process was very simple.
    They have pretty good deal on the 239 and 228's.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    I would forget about the elites, and the other special run Sigs. If its about feel, the regular will fit you just fine. To be perfectly honest, most people don't shoot well enough to take advantage of all the bells and whistles offered these guns.
    What impressed me was the real short reset on the trigger. My glocks don't even have that. But, it may be that I would have my trigger reset before I had a good sight picture for followup shots. What impressed me to not get it was the price!! Yikes! I'll spend that money on ammo and training. Thanks for your input.

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Ahh don't rain on his dreams I'm sure most guns out shoot the people who own um but owning a top of the line firearm is a pride in ownership deal

While the sig isn't for me i understand the thought

Can i shoot up to my Les baer probley not and i don't have the 1.5 option either

but is it my Fav you bet ya

Your Wallet Lies...

get the gun...

Stay armed...stay safe!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by sojourner View Post
    What impressed me was the real short reset on the trigger. My glocks don't even have that. But, it may be that I would have my trigger reset before I had a good sight picture for followup shots. What impressed me to not get it was the price!! Yikes! I'll spend that money on ammo and training. Thanks for your input.
    Sig will put in a short trigger reset for you, I dont think its very expensive.
    "Just blame Sixto"

I think its $99 for the short trigger. What I am really starting to like is the DAK trigger.
    Yeah I like Glocks, wanna fight about it!

Distinguished Member Array fed_wif_a_sig's Avatar
    If given the choice between any of the Sigs and a Glock 23....I'd take the Glock hands down. Sigs are an overpriced weapon that have inherant problems staying rust free and servicable with duty pressure ammunition (specifically in the 9mm+p+ and 357 Sig).

Sorry...just dont see the reason, but hey thats just my opinion and we all know what opinions are.
    Steve
    "Respect all ... Fear none!!!

i plan on getting the glock 23 or 27 soon as my tax refund comes, the glock feels great in my hand as well and i know glock is good stuff, however that sig was a hell of a gun, nice crisp 3lb trigger pull, the slide was super tight and smooth, just in a whole other class...

Quote Originally Posted by 40S&WMAN View Post
    i plan on getting the glock 23 or 27 soon as my tax refund comes, the glock feels great in my hand as well and i know glock is good stuff, however that sig was a hell of a gun, nice crisp 3lb trigger pull, the slide was super tight and smooth, just in a whole other class...
    I think the glock is better for carry than the 226: weight, size, you don't mourn when holster wear develops.

I can feel your "want to" it's a big urge. I was saving up for a wilson CQB a few years back and I went in a gun store and there was Les Baer Thunder Ranch 1911 (one of my lust guns). I bought that gun with the money I had saved and It's my favorite gun I will ever own.

If the tricked out Sig226 does that for you, then you should save up, sell some stuff, quit eating lunch. Let us know what you decide.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links