Walther PPS

Walther PPS

This is a discussion on Walther PPS within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was looking online @ Buds and noticed that the PPS has 2 different version of their standard 9mm pistol. There is a 6+1 version ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Walther PPS

Walther PPS

I was looking online @ Buds and noticed that the PPS has 2 different version of their standard 9mm pistol. There is a 6+1 version and a 7+1 version. Is the only different a magazine?? In other words, will the 7+1 version accept a 6rd magazine??

6+1 = Walther WAP10006 PPS Standard 9mm 3.2" 6+1 Polymer Grip Blac $509.00 SHIPS FREE

7+1 =
    Walther Arms 2796333 PPS Standard 9mm 3.2" 7+1 Poly Grips Bl $459.00 SHIPS FREE

If you want one I can sell you one brand new for way less ..

I love them but need the cash

The only diffeence in PPS is this :

The MA model has a crap trigger pull like 12 pounds or such .. Mine takes 7 andd 8 round mags and 6 round
    Nmuskier likes this.
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.” H.L. Mencken
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

They all take all three mag sizes for their respective calibers. Some sell with a mag of one size or the other, or more than one.

Rec is right, the first link you have is for a Massachusetts-compliant extra heavy trigger version of the PPS. The second uses a different numbering system they switched to round '13 when Walther Arms took over from S&W. I'm not personally familiar with the latter, you might want to do some research before pulling the trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by internets
    - WAP10001 - 9MM, Blue, Polymer Frame, Fixed Sights, Ships w/7RD Mag
    *Update - Confirmed WAP10001 9mm has the 3 dot sights with adjustable rears, black slide and came with a 7 & 8 round mag
    - WAP10002 - .40 S&W, Polymer, Blue, Fixed Sights, Ships w/6RD Mag
    - WAP10006 - 9MM, Black, Polymer Frame, 3 Dot Sights, Ships w/7RD Mag
    - WAP10007 .40 SW, Black Polymer, Adjustable Sights, Ships with 6RD Mag
    - WAP10008 - 9MM, Black, Polymer Frame, Night Sights, Ships w/6RD Mag
    *update - Confirmed that WAP10008 ships with night sights and 6,7,8 in 9mm
    - WAP10009 - .40 S&W, Black, Night Sights, Polymer Frame, Ships w/6RD Mag
    *update - Confirmed that WAP10009 ships with night sights and 3 mags 5,6,7 in .40
    - WAP10103 - 9MM BRS, Military Finish, Ships w/7RD Mag
    *update - "Military Finish" means the pistol or at least the plastic frame in OD green
    - WAP10104 - .40 S&W Military Finish, Ships w/6RD Mag
    *update - "Military Finish" means the pistol or at least the plastic frame in OD green
    10006 and 10007 are the MA-compliant PPS's using the old numbering system. No clue with what they're using now. Bud's really should specify, but it's Bud's.

Good luck!
    ,____,
    //' British Agent
    "
    "Happiness is a warm Gun."

HUH now Im confused.

I'm not interested int the MS model. My question is concerning the capacity on the standard model. it looks like there is a 6rd verison and a 7rd version. I want to know if the 7rd version will accept and operate fine with a rd magazine?

based on my understanding the only reason for the extra capacity would be due to an extended maagzine, therefore, I dont understand why they would have different product number for th 6rd gun ve the 7rd gun, then the only difference is the size of the Mag.

I was too! So I did the leg work for ya and you better 'Like' my post.

40 MA-compliant: WAL2796384
    40: WAL2796350
    9: WAL2796333 (Ideally, you want this one)
    9 MA-compliant: WAL2796368

This is their new numbering system. There could be additional #'s for models with night sights or number of mags on the box.

I don't know why they changed the numbering system.
    ,____,
    //' British Agent
    "

And yes, the 9mm PPS will take 6, 7, & 8-round mags. They have extended, ergonomic baseplates to accommodate the extra rounds.

Which comes with which mag depends on the distributor maybe?
    ,____,
    //' British Agent
    "

PPS checklist before buying - WaltherForums

After reading some of the threads I have come up with this checklist before buying my new PPS.

1. Try to get a BB date code made in 2011 to get the upgraded slide stop. The BA date code probably will not have the new stop with the tab to hold the spring. ( They seem to have changed over about Oct. 2010 )

2. Field strip it and make sure the tab is on the slide stop lever and check to see if it has the standard trigger spring, not the heavy one (although this may not be a problem since I do not live in Massachusetts )

3. hopefully the BB date code will come with 2 magazines. What are the magazines they are shipped with currently? a 5 round flush fit and a 6 round extended? ( I am buying a 40 cal.)

4. buy a set of Meprolights and install them myself ( I checked and Walther wants about 200 dollars more for their stock night sights over and above the cost of the gun)

Does all this information sound accurate? Anything I am missing, or other advice?

Thanks for all the help, this has been a good forum to read pre-purchase.

Just buy any non MA model and you will be fine .. They all take the same mags ... Just one has a heavier trigger to make MA happy
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.” H.L. Mencken
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

yes, any PPS 9mm will accept 6 round flush fitting mags, the 7 rounder with pinky extension, and the 8 rounder with a big pinky extension. Sorry, but I don't own any of the 8 rounders for pics.

Just make sure that you do not order the Massachusetts Compliant model that has, like the others have stated......a terrible heavy trigger pull.

this is the one you want off Buds Walther Arms 2796333 PPS Standard 9mm 3.2" 7+1 Poly Grips Bl $459.00 SHIPS FREE

go here for PPS mags. http://www.cdnnsports.com/magazines....311&caliber=14

six round mag.........

seven round mag..........

Eric357 and BritishAgent like this.
    "Said I never had any use for one.....never said I didn't know how to use it. " Matthew Quiqley

Nice shootin' gun, but with the 8-round mag it's the height of my full size P99. I sold it for a P938.
    Eric357 likes this.
    ,____,
    //' British Agent
    "

VIP Member
    If you buy from Bud's you will overpay. He's out of stock anyway.

This guy buys hundreds at a time and I bought one from him as did many others I know of:

Walther PPS 3.2" 9mm w/two mags New : Semi Auto Pistols at GunBroker.com

Any 9mm PPS magazine will fit this Walther.
    I like all kinds of foreign guns.

"Arm yourself because no one else here will save you..."

I don't always use missiles, but when I do it's the Minuteman III LGM-30G

Quote Originally Posted by Wunderneun View Post
    If you buy from Bud's you will overpay. He's out of stock anyway.

This guy buys hundreds at a time and I bought one from him as did many others I know of:

Walther PPS 3.2" 9mm w/two mags New : Semi Auto Pistols at GunBroker.com

Any 9mm PPS magazine will fit this Walther.
    I can't believe that guy on Gunbroker still has those. I believe at one time he offered free shipping and was selling them for $449.

VIP Member
    You should see the photos of their inventory and inspection process they posted at the Walther forums.
    Tundra5.7, Czombie and Eric357 like this.
    I like all kinds of foreign guns.

"Arm yourself because no one else here will save you..."

I don't always use missiles, but when I do it's the Minuteman III LGM-30G

Quote Originally Posted by Tundra5.7 View Post
    I can't believe that guy on Gunbroker still has those. I believe at one time he offered free shipping and was selling them for $449.
    that "guy" is Shoot Straight, one of the largest gun stores in Central Florida with several locations in Orlando and Tampa.
    Eric357 and Czombie like this.
    "Said I never had any use for one.....never said I didn't know how to use it. " Matthew Quiqley

Distinguished Member Array ripley16's Avatar
    My PPS came with the 7 and 8 round but not the 6 round mag. With the 8 round mag it's the same size as my Kahr TP9, which has a much longer 4" barrel. The PPS is a nice gun but not a favorite.

Distinguished Member Array michael t's Avatar
    Sorry might be a great pistol. But I can't get buy the ugly part. Old steel Walthers PP .PPK .P-38 .and so on a work of art and function . Today just more ugly plastic.

I am glad I won't be around in 10 years to see what will pass for a pistol then .
    come visit me at my home www.bersachat.com or http://www.americanclassic1911forum.com
    1990, 1992 Colt Mustang 1941 Colt USGI 1951 Colt Commander 9MM
    1972 Colt Combat Commander 1994, Colt Officer ACP 2001 Colt LTW Commander 2005 Colt Defender 2007 Dan Wesson
    early Belleview Detonics

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links