kahr p45

This is a discussion on kahr p45 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; just wondering if anyone has one of these and if so what do you think of it?...

Thread: kahr p45

kahr p45

just wondering if anyone has one of these and if so what do you think of it?

2. Remove Ads

One of my shooting buddies bought one and had feeding problems. After about 300rounds he sent it to Kahr and they fixxed it. He was happy and proud and invited me to the next trip to the range. He wanted me to shoot first, the second round was FTL. Out of every magazine we fired that day there were two failures to load or eject.

I thought it was cool looking- alot of power in a little package, so I looked at a couple of forums. Most threads were about how many problems the gun has. So, I have steered clear.

My Kahr P45 is a definite keeper!!!

I bought one about 3wks. ago and it has 570 flawless rounds thru it. I shot various amounts of ammo through it and it ate everything. It is very accurate and reliable. The recoil felt great for such a small framed .45 ACP semi-automatic. My favorite .45 is the Glock 30, so any .45 caliber semi is always compared to the G30 and the Kahr P45 holds it owns extremely well. I just ordered a few more magazines and a Mitch Rosen UPL with dual mag holder for the P45 because it is going to get some CCW time. It is highly concealable and very comfortable to carry due to its light weight. It gives you seven rounds of one of the best calibers in American history.

Distinguished Member Array fed_wif_a_sig's Avatar
    I have to say I love the Kahr 45 idea. I have owned two (still have one the other my dad has), and I havent had a single issue with either. Additionally I know a number of others who own them and as well havent heard a single complaint with them.

That said, I highly suggest that you wait a little bit and take a look that the new Tactical 45 from Kahr. I have the Tactical 9mm and its awsome and I cant wait to get my hands on the 45 version. That little extra barrel lenght makes a world of difference when shooting rappid fire on IDPA matches and qualifiers.

WAIT YOU DONT HAVE TO WAIT.....THEY'RE SHIPPING

http://www.kahr.com/new_tp4543.html
    Steve
    "Respect all ... Fear none!!!

I usually steer clear of any first run of a firearm. I do the same with cars.

I prefer that they get all the glitches "ironed out" before I give them my money. I have a PM9 and I love it and it's 100%. I like the idea of the P45 and I may pick one up later, next year, if they get the "bugs" ironed out.

What I do like about Kahr is that they stand behind what they make and sell. Both Kahr and S&W are great in my book. Also, we need another high quality firearms manufacturer in this country. In today's political climate it's hard to get in to the gun business.

Biker

rmw
    I like mine , It has had a few problems that I fixed but it is a pretty solid gun . The POI was way low with mine , I realize diff people will have diff poi but everyone who shot this gun hit low and of course the faster the ammo the worse it was I finally ended up with the stock front night sight and a MMC adj rear and 230 golden sabers are right on now . It is really quite accurate for what it is

Distinguished Member Array randytulsa2's Avatar
    I have one and I love it. They're not for everyone, though. They have a couple of quirks, like all Kahrs (I've got a PM9 that's the same way).

First- they are incredibly T-I-G-H-T guns. They like their lube, and need some shooting. Second, they're peculiar about loading the first round. You're supposed to do it with the slide release, from having the slide locked back.

Even after hundreds of rounds mine has a quirk that some would find maddening: sometimes (once every three magazines or so), after firing the last round, the casing from the last round sticks straight up out of the top of the magazine. The slide still locks back, and it doesn't prevent the magazine from dropping free. I don't count it as a "failure" - the gun goes "bang" every time I pull the trigger, and it's never failed to feed.

But it's odd, anyway. Like I say, tight.

Mags, too.
    "...bad decisions that turn out well often make heroes."

Gary D. Mitchell, A Sniper's Journey: The Truth About the Man and the Rifle, P. 103, NAL Caliber books, 2006, 1st Ed.

i was looking at getting either a k40 or p45. i have the cw9 and love it. it has great poa and great accuracy and fits my hand great =O). looking to add to the family you know =O)

I have my P45 on me right now, in a IWB by Kevin. Kahr is very honest and will tell you straight up that their guns require a 200 round break-in period. After about 120 rounds, with three FTEs, it has worked great. It's not intended for long range but for up close and personal, like most situations are, I have no problems with my P45. Probably carry it a lot this summer.
    "Let not your heart be troubled." John 14:1

USN Retired Vietnam/Desert Shield/Desert Storm

Some people swear by them and some people swear at them. Its all in your preference. Steve48

Links