Diamondback DB380

Diamondback DB380

This is a discussion on Diamondback DB380 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Anyone have experience with the DB380? I'm looking for something small and light in 380 or 9mm. I'd like it to be significantly less than ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Diamondback DB380

Diamondback DB380

Anyone have experience with the DB380? I'm looking for something small and light in 380 or 9mm. I'd like it to be significantly less than my shield 9mm. A friend told me he knows some police officers who love the thing so much they've made it their BUG. 8oz unloaded is LIGHT.

Also curious about the Beretta Pico!

Distinguished Member Array VBVAGUY's Avatar
    I believe that the 1st generation had problems, but from my understanding the current ones have been sorted out or resolved and seem to be pretty solid. Of course as with any man made item, it can fail at anytime. God Bless

I have the Diamondback DB9, A good little bugger

Diamondback pistols don't have a good reputation online. I fired a DB9 years ago and had 2 malfunctions out of 50. That same gun blew up in the owner's hand months later.

Spend the extra few bucks and get something reliable like an LCP.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

New Member Array Bentwrench3704's Avatar
    I have a DB380 serial #Cxxxxx and it works flawlessly if you use the ammo they recommend. I found any aluminum case hollow points work for me. When I first got it from a friend I tried reloads, brass cased ammo and had problems with stove piping. I went to manufacturer's site and tried what they recommend and problem solved. Have run 400 rounds now without issue.
    I use sticky holster and carry inside belt. Gun is comfortable even when driving.
    Nebraska12 likes this.

Don't go for hot ammo and keep an extra firm grip

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are several .380's that are economical and of much better quality and reputation than the Diamondback. Ruger, Kahr, Walther, Beretta, even Kel-Tec to name a few. A few extra bucks for reliability and peace of mind is money well spent. JMO.
    MMinSC likes this.
    “I won’t be wronged, I won’t be insulted, and I won’t be laid a hand on. I don’t do these things to other people and I require the same from them.” John Wayne - The Shootist

I had the db9 for my wife she couldn't use it because she had issues racking the slide. So I bought her a 642 the other day. I shot the db9 quite a bit and it is a snappy little bugger! I had no malfunctions whatsoever and it was actually a good shooting little gun. It looked and felt cheap but worked just fine.

Their farming out the warranty work I understand to Taurus . Considering Taurus rep for customer service. Not sure I want to go their. I have a KelTec PF-9 well over 500 rounds and no one problem . I don't consider it a range gun But I have fired over 100 rounds in a sitting. . Kahr is also a nice pistol
    come visit me at my home www.bersachat.com or http://www.americanclassic1911forum.com
    1990, 1992 Colt Mustang 1941 Colt USGI 1951 Colt Commander 9MM
    1972 Colt Combat Commander 1994, Colt Officer ACP 2001 Colt LTW Commander 2005 Colt Defender 2007 Dan Wesson
    early Belleview Detonics

VIP Member
    Diamond back makes crap.... Just get an LCP and be done
    Sleddog30 likes this.
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bentwrench3704 View Post
    I have a DB380 serial #Cxxxxx and it works flawlessly if you use the ammo they recommend. I found any aluminum case hollow points work for me. When I first got it from a friend I tried reloads, brass cased ammo and had problems with stove piping. I went to manufacturer's site and tried what they recommend and problem solved. Have run 400 rounds now without issue.
    I use sticky holster and carry inside belt. Gun is comfortable even when driving.
    Who makes aluminum cased hollow points? If it can't run brass cased ammo, that's a pretty big deal.
    I'm not saying we should kill all the stupid people. I'm saying remove all the warning labels and let the problem sort itself out.

My friend had two DB that stove piped.He took it back and got a second one and it was worse.He tried several different types of ammo. I'd buy a Ruger LCP if you want a 380.I owned one since 2/11 and had no problems.Talked to gun people in person and on forums and then try one if possible then you can make an informed choice.

I have two Picos and a couple LCPs along with a few others. My favorite is the Pico. I carry at least one of um every day.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

I bought the DB9 because of it's size. It was the only 9mm small enough that I would consider to be a true pocket pistol. I knew I was taking a chance because of the reviews I saw on it. They were fifty-fifty. some loved it some hated it. Mine turned out to be one of the bad ones. It has a FTF problem big time. If you want a 380 I recommend the LCP. Mine works great. Get one with a laser already on it. I found out the hard way you will pay a lot more to add one later.

Quote Originally Posted by michael t View Post
    Their farming out the warranty work I understand to Taurus . Considering Taurus rep for customer service. Not sure I want to go their. I have a KelTec PF-9 well over 500 rounds and no one problem . I don't consider it a range gun But I have fired over 100 rounds in a sitting. . Kahr is also a nice pistol
    Taurus only handles marketing and distrubution for Diamondback....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links