Defensive Carry banner

Least Expensive Gun?

6K views 55 replies 55 participants last post by  Schwebel 
#1 ·
Ok, here is a question that might spark a few stories:

What is the cheapest price you have ever paid for a gun or what is the best deal you have ever got on a gun?

#3 ·
Least expensive firearm that I own is a Savage .22 semi-auto that I got for X-mas when I was 17, it was going for 100 bucks or so at the time at Walmart.

Least expensive firearm I bought myself is a Mossber 500 12 gauge Persuader for $220, or for handguns my Rossi 461 snub nose .357 for $250

Actaully, I have 5 firearms in my posession that were under $300 dollars at purchase. Although for me 2 of them were technically free.

#25 ·
I had a buddy buy one just before deer season in about the same year, then promptly went out and drop a beautiful whitetail on opening morning with a shot of about 150 yards through oaks...I want to say he paid about $20 for that cannon.

I recall that the flipping the safety off was about like lowering a drawbridge, with a huge looping forward throw of that lever...heh.

As for me, a free Chicom Type 53 I brought back from Nam in 1970.

#5 ·
Free, was the cheapest. I was give an AMT .380 SA back-up. The best deal...:rolleyes:

Not sure if it was the Dan Wesson .357 for $135.00 (NIB), the Ithaca police special 12ga. for $150.00 (Mint cond. L.A. Cnty Sheriff's gun), or my Iver-Johnson .22 with scope for $75.00 (Great cond., looks like the M1 carbine). If you look around & talk to people, it's amazing what may come your way...:image035:

#6 ·
Lightly use Crown Grade (like a wingmaster wood quality) Mossberg 500 12 gauge and 28" barrel for $75 when Galyens when out of business and bought by Dick's. :smile:

I have picked up several guns in 200 to 250 range and all have been great! So, you don't have to spend big money for a quality gun just need to look around. :yup:

#15 ·
I picked up a NIB Huglu 20 gage single shot shotgun for $50. It was such a good deal I bought a second one. It shoots great and folds in half.

#17 ·
I paid $175 for a KBI FEG .380 (PPK clone). For a cheap gun it's been a real shooter - accurate considering tiny sights, and reliable; no miss-feeds or failure-to-ejects, even with hollow-points. Don't shoot it much any more, but still have it (mostly because there isn't any demand for the little fellow).

#18 ·
$99 for a CZ52 pistol...except for the 25lb trigger, it's an excellent handgun.

Best bargain (IMO) was the Swiss K-31 rifle for $139...:yup:

#30 ·
The Least I've ever paid was $100 for an old Coast to Coast 12 gauge five years ago. It was worth every penny.

The cheapest as far as quality is my Cimeron. I put only a couple hundred rounds through it and have had to have two springs replaced.:rant: :rant:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.