Glock 29 Trigger question ?

This is a discussion on Glock 29 Trigger question ? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a glock 29 gen. 4 for EDC . Do I need to keep the factory trigger totally stock for EDC ? I have ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Glock 29 Trigger question ?

I have a glock 29 gen. 4 for EDC . Do I need to keep the factory trigger totally stock for EDC ? I have a Ghost Evo Elite 3.5 connector to install . If I install the Ghost connector , and have to use my EDC in A SD shooting , will the fact that the trigger is not totally stock be a problem ?

If it ligtens the trigger etc me I would skip it ...If it is trully needed improvent for shooting sure but if it makes it a little lighter etc just stay stock

As for SD if a good shot its a good shot .. Now a gray arra imop you could see some stuff .. Ie if not very clear it was sd they may try to say it was a hair trigger etc ..Just imop
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.” H.L. Mencken
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Para45 View Post
    I have a glock 29 gen. 4 for EDC . Do I need to keep the factory trigger totally stock for EDC ? I have a Ghost Evo Elite 3.5 connector to install . If I install the Ghost connector , and have to use my EDC in A SD shooting , will the fact that the trigger is not totally stock be a problem ?
    You won't even need an opener for that can of worms. Why are you considering the change?
    TX expat likes this.
    "Preparation and mindset are everything. Allowing one's mouth to write checks that one's butt is unable or unwilling to cash is foolish."

VIP Member
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    You won't even need an opener for that can of worms. Why are you considering the change?
    Because The trigger is a lot smoother , and no over travel .

If you like it, do it.

Then use the search function for years of debate. One camp sits behind Massad Ayoob and his commandment to never modify a defense firearm. Everyone else goes with zero case law convicting a justifiable SD shooting based on aftermarket work.

Your decision should be based solely on your own personal safety considerations and your own personal experience.
    Psalm 144:1

Your entire life and whatever you carry is open to scrutiny by a district attorney in a criminal case or a plaintiff's attorney in a civil case. You must be able to articulate your reasoning for your actions and your equipment. You will likely need to pay for subject matter experts to testify in your behalf.

I always ask myself those questions to decide if the modification is worth it to me. I tend to keep my self-defense guns stock with the exception of night sights on carry handguns, only because it will be less things to explain. If it is a good shoot, it should never go to court. If it does go to court, everything will be questioned and it will be very expensive.
    denclaste likes this.
    I carry a gun, because a Cop is too heavy.

Second Amendment: The difference between politicians and rulers.

U.S. Army, Retired
    NRA Benefactor Life Member

VIP Member
    Because The trigger is a lot smoother , and no over travel .
    Smoother triggers with no over-travel seems reasonable to me. I have Ghosts on my Glocks, btw.
    "Preparation and mindset are everything. Allowing one's mouth to write checks that one's butt is unable or unwilling to cash is foolish."

Quote Originally Posted by Nmuskier View Post
    If you like it, do it.

Then use the search function for years of debate. One camp sits behind Massad Ayoob and his commandment to never modify a defense firearm. Everyone else goes with zero case law convicting a justifiable SD shooting based on aftermarket work.

Your decision should be based solely on your own personal safety considerations and your own personal experience.
    So your saying there is no clear answer ?

VIP Member
    So your saying there is no clear answer ?
    There's no clear answer. Do what you feel is best for you. Know your laws. Have a good attorney.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

WrongRecroom , Thank you for your input , and help .

Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black in S. FL.
    You're staring down the BG's muzzle in a life & death situation and you're concerned about trigger over travel...
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Mike , I don't want a lighter trigger pull , just one without grit , and speed bumps . Thank you for your input , and help .

Quote Originally Posted by Nmuskier View Post
    If you like it, do it.

Thank you very much for your help

I will add of all my guns from rifles to handguns only one has a non stock trigger a p64 as the trigger is like 30 pounds on DA no way I can pull it

I dont think I will be going oh darn this sure is a gritty trigger if god forbide I need to use my gun in SD .. I am frankly just hoping that it goes bang thats alll ....

So yes no clear answer .. But it is one more think to break and go wrong ..

If you have compition etc guns sure mod all you want that is nice carry guns naw unless you need to dont .... Just one more thing to go wrong and one more thing to add to issue ..
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.” H.L. Mencken
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links