High End 1911 - Page 4

High End 1911

This is a discussion on High End 1911 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Man-O-man! This poor guy asked a very simple and reasonable question. After a few appropriate posts, it has now digressed into a schoolyard p'ing contest. ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: High End 1911

Man-O-man! This poor guy asked a very simple and reasonable question. After a few appropriate posts, it has now digressed into a schoolyard p'ing contest. This is rediculous and every last one of you should be ashamed for the disservice you have shown this gentleman and the abominable way you've disrespected his request for your help.

All this STILL continues after Bud White tried to right this skewed tack. SHEEESH!

Shame on you~!
    "Happiness, is a warm gun" -St. John of Liverpool

Proud to be an infidel.

Quote Originally Posted by Bud White View Post
    ok lets get back on topic..Kimber isnt high end. Sorry weather ya like that statement or not they are a mid range gun. just like a springfield
    Huh??? High end refers to the best, regardless of price. So is not SA TRP appropriate as an recommendation?
    "Beware of the man who only owns one gun. He probably knows how to use it."

Distinguished Member Array dimmak's Avatar
    Colt Gunsite 1070 is a very nice option as well and what $ are saved can be spent on ammo....
    "Ray Nagin is a colossal disappointment" - NRA/ILA Executive Director Chris W. Cox.

"...be water, my friend."

Quote Originally Posted by INTJ View Post
    Huh??? High end refers to the best, regardless of price. So is not SA TRP appropriate as an recommendation?
    The custom shop trp runs right around a highend gun but not the production version

everyones opinion of high end differs there is a load of difference between my uncles trp he paid 1200 for and my les baer

In skimming this, I haven't seen anyone mention Dan Wesson 1911s. They're using a lot of quasi-custom wizzie gizzie parts with some very good fit & finish...and on a Series 70 base without any silly FP safties to screw with. Besides Ed Brown, that's the only place I know of offering a bobtail. They are not, obviously, in the same legue with Ed Brown, Wilson, Nighthawk, et al, but I ordered my DW CBOB last week for well under $1k. It seemed like a better value than a Springer...which remains to be seen.

Earlier this week a gun shop owner told me that Springer 1911s are made in South America or some damn place. Any truth to that?
    The keys to winning a gunfight are first to bring a gun and secondly to take your time, quickly.

Always remember that if your opponent is within range, so are you.

POWER TO THE MEPEOPLE!!!

Ed Brown's

I have 2 Ed Brown Pistols, a Stainless Steel Kobra Carry, and a Blued Executive Elite, both guns are fantastic!! As for a Carry model, my Kobra Carry cannot be beat, the looks, accuracy, fit, finish, reliability and pride of ownership will keep me from ever parting with it. I have also Just ordered a Nighthawk Custom GRP II, Bobtailed, either one of these fine pistols would knock your socks off!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1911shooter View Post
    if your gonna spend that kind of cash buy a Les Baer TRP, they're way better then an Ed Brown and kick the crap out of Wilson.
    I own both and while the TRS is nice, my Brown pistols are much nicer in every aspect!
    Last edited by Bud White; March 9th, 2007 at 06:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mainspring View Post
    In skimming this, I haven't seen anyone mention Dan Wesson 1911s. They're using a lot of quasi-custom wizzie gizzie parts with some very good fit & finish...and on a Series 70 base without any silly FP safties to screw with. Besides Ed Brown, that's the only place I know of offering a bobtail. They are not, obviously, in the same legue with Ed Brown, Wilson, Nighthawk, et al, but I ordered my DW CBOB last week for well under $1k. It seemed like a better value than a Springer...which remains to be seen.

Earlier this week a gun shop owner told me that Springer 1911s are made in South America or some damn place. Any truth to that?

I have not had a chance to wring out a DW yet so i can't say for sure to buy them and yes they do have some high end parts ..

I will say that the Rz-10 I handled a few weeks ago Fit and finish was on par with my Les Baer

Springer is either made in Brazil for some guns or the parts are shipped here for assy on the higher end guns

Senior Member Array LoveLeather's Avatar
    I don't know...my 800 dollar Kimber TLE ll runs like a swiss watch....I've shot some Wilsons and can't for the life of me figure out the $1400 difference.. that said, I do like the Ed Browns alot and if money was no object, would probably grab one.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveLeather View Post
    I don't know...my 800 dollar Kimber TLE ll runs like a swiss watch....I've shot some Wilsons and can't for the life of me figure out the $1400 difference.. that said, I do like the Ed Browns alot and if money was no object, would probably grab one.

I had a TLE 2, and like you loved it, it was a very nice gun, but after shooting a Kobra Carry that a friend of mine had, I traded the Kimber in saved the rest of the money and bought my own, after that I was hooked and save the cash for High end 1911's only. Trust me on this I have NO regrets, I cannot put into words just how much I love my Ed Browns they are definately worth the money

OD*
    Quote Originally Posted by dimmak View Post
    Colt Gunsite 1070 is a very nice option as well and what $ are saved can be spent on ammo....
    Agree, love my Gunsite.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, donít give them a tomorrow."

Quote Originally Posted by OD View Post
    Agree, love my Gunsite.
    While I would never consider a modern Colt, "high-end", the Gunsite's are definitely "the exception which reinforces the rule". I never met one I didn't like.
    "Happiness, is a warm gun" -St. John of Liverpool

Proud to be an infidel.

I found this Wilson CQB in my local gunshop. It was previously owned but unfired and mint condition with 3 Wilson mags, and a test target date of 06/06. 1695.00 + tx

[IMG][/IMG]
    Why do I carry a Gun? Because I can't carry a Cop

My $.02 worth-

When faced with pursuing a "high end 1911", I looked at all of 'em;
    and finally decided on the 5" Les Baer Thunder Ranch Special; and
    I haven't been disappointed~!

Well it's been over a month, and my Dan Wesson still hasn't come in. GRRRRRRR!!!!

I did check out a Kobra Carry a couple of weeks ago though. SA-WEET!!! You don't pick that gun up...you put it on. I hope that I haven't been ruined now for my Dan Wesson, should it ever be shipped to my dealer.
    The keys to winning a gunfight are first to bring a gun and secondly to take your time, quickly.

Always remember that if your opponent is within range, so are you.

POWER TO THE MEPEOPLE!!!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links