Defensive Carry banner

North American Arms .22 Magnum "black Widow"

8K views 12 replies 12 participants last post by  CS45-seattle 
#1 · (Edited)
North American Arms .22 Magnum "Black Widow"

I saw one of these pieces in a store today. It had a 2" barrel, a carrying capacity of five Magnum rounds (SA), and an oversized rubber grip. But, quite concealable in a pocket.

Any thoughts on this as a pocket pistol?

#3 ·
I know alot of people disagree about using a small caliber for a CCW, but I've always believed in the old cliche that the first rule of a gunfight is to have a gun. The most important thing to me is to carry something that I am accurate and comfortable with. Tha being said, I wouldn't use one of those black widows, mainly b/c it is a SA only. I wouldn't hesitate to carry a Walther P22 or one of those small Berettas as a BUG or even a primary though. There are much better compact auto or DA wheelguns for around the same price. Now I can see carrying one of those as a BUG, but as a primary, SA + .22 = Bad idea.

#4 ·
I have 2 of the NAA revo's in .22 mag. One of them folds to conceal itself. Both are priceless for what they are and have their niche in the ccw world. I'm not afraid of carrying one as a primary when dressed in t-shirts and shorts.

#6 ·
NAA 22mag

I have one of the 22mag models that I carry as a backup of last resorts. Took it the range this weekend and put 50 rds thru it for practice as a back up. It is amazingly accurate at 7 to 10 yds as I could keep all my hits in the center of the torso. It is much more accurate that my 2 shot 9mm derringer. It is not a great primary gun unless you have no other choice but definately a backup choice.

#8 ·
I used to carry a NAA.22 LR, then later a NAA .22WMR, on my evolutionary journey up the CCW ladder. As I got more and more comfortable with carrying, I went to larger and more effective handguns. It's easy to get comfortable carrying these small guns as they are so small and well....cool. However, they don't have calibers powerful enough to rely on for self protection. I don't advocate the "a small gun is better than no gun" school of thought. A small gun can turn into an excuse to not be creative and dedicated to hiding a larger one. For back up, no problem, although better as a third gun with a .380 being in the second slot and at least a 9mm as a primary. I think, "what is the largest gun in the largest caliber that I can carry?" Thats what I want with me if I ever have to use it.

#9 ·
I have to admit, I've been thinking about one of those little things in .22 mag. For me, it'd probably be a third gun or BUG for those occassions where I just can't carry much gun.

By it's nature it's a "belly gun", but the "belly" you'll be aiming at should be the head. You're probably not going to squeeze off a head shot at distance, but it can save your bacon in a pinch at close range.

Of course, that's what the gun was made for. They're well made, too.

#12 ·
North American Arms .22 Magnum "Black Widow"
I have the 3' with oversized rubber grip that fits
in any-pockit well made & jeephiper is right!
It is amazingly accurate at 7 to 10 yds Also they make
lots of holsters even one hang around the neck!
the oversized rubber grip realy helps to grab it fast.. and when shooting keeps you right on target

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.