HK P30SK for concealed carry?

This is a discussion on HK P30SK for concealed carry? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hi all, I am new to CC, I just got my license and I am thinking about picking up a P30 SK. I had a ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: HK P30SK for concealed carry?

Hi all, I am new to CC, I just got my license and I am thinking about picking up a P30 SK. I had a couple questions about it though, I want to get the version with the safety to start out with, as I understand, later down the road if I wish, I can send it in to HK and for a fee they will remove the safety for me?

Also are there good holster options available for this firearm? and are there extended magazines currently available?

Thanks

VIP Member
    Welcome to DC. I would recommend you get the version you want in the first place. The P30 series guns are not readily convertible from variant to variant like the USP guns. And why remove the ssafety? Just don't use it if you don't want it. Probably it can be done but I don't see the point.
    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.” - Naguib Mahfouz

The P2000SK has a nice following of holster makers, though nowhere near as plentiful as say for the Glock 19.

Can't say about the P30SK, as it's so new. I suspect those who've been making holsters for the P2000SK will likely pick up the mould for the P30SK.

I, too, would get the specific trigger configuration you want from H&K, instead of trying to convert it to something else. A quick call to H&K might resolve whether they'd be open to tweaking it for you, or whether it's even possible given what you want to buy versus what you want to turn it into.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: Why the Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member Array hardluk1's Avatar
    If you buy one with a safety you will become use to it and at that point just stay with it . Ain't a big deal once it becomes normal to flip the safety off to fire once clear your body .

I'm a long time fan of comp-tac holsters . There IWB Neutral model hybrid has worked very well for me for around 10 years for several pistols with only a kydex body change . You can get the regular P30 body but would have to trim 3/8" off the bottom for the short SK . Not a big deal I did the same for my P320 compact I carry . I have bought several other "very good " holsters to try and have ended up going back to the compact. The Neutral model will work as a 4:00 forward cant to an appendix position rear cant . The most adjustability of any holster made They also have the MTAC and cheaper Spartan for back have carry .
    Neutral Cant Holster | Comp-Tac Victory Gear

Senior Member Array Addictedhealer's Avatar
    Congrats with the recent turn of events. I say buy what you want and what you like. As far as holsters and mags I guarantee you their will be plenty of after market support. Plus won't the SK shoot P30 mags? Good luck on your adventure!

-Adam.

I just recently added a P30sk to my collection. So far I like it, gotta wait and see how it shoots a few hundred rounds or so. I have a holster on order as well to see how it carries, I'll write more about it once it arrives. On the plus side, you cannot go wrong with an hk.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Just tested my p30sks at the range tonight. What a fantastic pistol. Never shot anything with a shortened grip, anywhere near this accurately.

Perfect size for a carry gun. I have gone "all revolver" for carry for a while, but this one is making me take another look, pending some workable p30sk holsters being released...

Quote Originally Posted by Addictedhealer View Post
    Congrats with the recent turn of events. I say buy what you want and what you like. As far as holsters and mags I guarantee you their will be plenty of after market support. Plus won't the SK shoot P30 mags? Good luck on your adventure!

-Adam.
    Yes but I don't believe that they add on to the grip, so you basically have a mag sticking out but no extra grip. So I'm hoping that they will come out with an extended mag or something of that like for the P30SK

Man, you folks are killing me!!!!!
    The 1911 is an antiquated weapons system but then again, so am I.
    Retired SF(SP) CMSgt 1979-2005

Quote Originally Posted by 7055 View Post
    Yes but I don't believe that they add on to the grip, so you basically have a mag sticking out but no extra grip. So I'm hoping that they will come out with an extended mag or something of that like for the P30SK
    X-Grip is working on a model for using the P30 mag in the P30SK. Once that's available, it should be like a grip extension and not just a longer mag sticking down.
    Glock Certified Armorer

VIP Member
    That's one of the great things about HKs- a full size P30 mag will run in any P - series gun (P30, P30L, P30sk, P2000, P2000sk ). The same magazine will even work in a USPc.
    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.” - Naguib Mahfouz

Distinguished Member Array C Bennett's Avatar
    I think you will be getting a good gun. dont worry about the safety deal.

The P30SK comes in 6 different variants. The P30SKS is the Safety model which can be had on the SA/DA, LEM and light LEM models. The P30SKS doesn't have a safety, but with the same choices. Personally, as a newer owner, I would go with the LEM, as it is one trigger pull to learn, rather than the two with an SA/DA, but it is all personal preference. The P30SK is a great little carry piece and very nicely priced for an HK, under $600 with standard sights and under $700 for the LE model (3 mags and night sights).

They can use the full size mags from the P30 and VP9 as well as the P2000/SK and USP Compact mags. The mags are expensive though, because HK hates us.
    ccw9mm likes this.
    "Glocks are the iPhone of the gun world. Good at what they do, but everyone's got one. Be different, get the the Android of the gun world, an XDM."
    CZ 75 P-02
    CZ P-09 Duty
    CZ P-07
    Sig 1911 TacOps Carry TB

I have the P30SK V1 with the LEM trigger. I like the trigger and prefer it to a DA/SA trigger. I have just one pistol, a S&W 4506, with a safety/decocker and DA/SA trigger. Great pistol by the way. All of my other pistols, seven total, have no safety and are striker fired. I see no need for a safety unless you have a pistol capable of carrying cocked and locked. In a combat situation I just want to draw and shoot. Now if you want the peace of mind a safety can give you, fine. Just not for me.

Distinguished Member Array hardluk1's Avatar
    onacoma likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links